#261 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2024 - 10:11 AM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 18 February 2024 - 08:29 AM, said:

Barnet, Halifax, Oldham and Gateshead all tricky and potentially 4 defeats

Bromley could have a (even bigger) hatful today

Yeah, yesterday was very much like all those games when we conceded late goals under a certain James Rowe...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#262 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2024 - 10:14 AM

Am I right in saying Bromley will have to lay a grass pitch should they go up?

Either way it's an indictment against a NL with pretentions of being the 'fifth division' that they allow surfaces banned in the top four...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#263 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2024 - 10:43 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 18 February 2024 - 10:14 AM, said:

Either way it's an indictment against a NL with pretentions of being the 'fifth division' that they allow surfaces banned in the top four...

Does the NL want to be an official 5th division? I don’t see any effort to promote idea from the NL management; no real incentive just a loss of influence and status. Most of the noise seems to come from supporters of the bigger ex league clubs. We’ll not be discussing the idea next year once we are back in L2.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#264 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2024 - 10:47 AM

I’m sure you are right, Chris.

Whether or not they have to do this before a first season in L2 kicks off or they are given a period of grace I am not sure.

However, it is clearly an additional home advantage to those NL clubs that have them and whilst this persists along with the 5 subs rule it cannot help in any applications for more promotion places etc. It just indicates a pandering to the smaller clubs in this league.

#265 User is offline   DOUGLAS JARDINE 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 18 February 2024 - 11:18 AM

Anyone seen the tweet from the club with all their staff celebrities in the dressing room like they have beaten Man City

What a ducking embarrassment that is if we had done that I would have been genuinely ashamed

But we wouldn’t because we have class and they don’t 💙

#266 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 18 February 2024 - 11:21 AM

View PostDOUGLAS JARDINE, on 18 February 2024 - 11:18 AM, said:

Anyone seen the tweet from the club with all their staff celebrities in the dressing room like they have beaten Man City

What a ducking embarrassment that is if we had done that I would have been genuinely ashamed

But we wouldn't because we have class and they don't 💙

It shows their Low expectations and puts it up there with Oldham fans celebrating a point. It shows that all teams consider us a big scalp
Have passport will travel

#267 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2024 - 11:46 AM

I've not seen us win at Bromley and I can say with absolute pleasure and certainty I never will.

I thought the tables outside the refreshment??? shed being stained with green mold was a nice touch and the bogs unbelievable.

Looks like they've improved their facilities a bit. I wonder whose paid for that.

Complete to..ers
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#268 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2024 - 11:47 AM

I think that any complaints about the Bromley pitch will go out of the window when we get inside The Shay.
One question about yesterday that I have is why was Naylor played so much further forward than usual? Why did he not revert when we coming under pressure in the second half. Williams and Sheckleford were being run at and outmuscled and needed a bit of cover. DJ was the only one sitting and the back four were increasingly exposed.

#269 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2024 - 11:59 AM

View Postjohnd51, on 18 February 2024 - 11:47 AM, said:

I think that any complaints about the Bromley pitch will go out of the window when we get inside The Shay.
One question about yesterday that I have is why was Naylor played so much further forward than usual? Why did he not revert when we coming under pressure in the second half. Williams and Sheckleford were being run at and outmuscled and needed a bit of cover. DJ was the only one sitting and the back four were increasingly exposed.

Didn't see you yesterday, guess you was lording it up in their end, better than having to suffer the plebeian facilities with us. Anyway any comments on what was an adrenaline boasting for them as they were on top, 8 added minutes, compared to when we was chasing the game last weeks 3 minutes. Strange how these things tend to happen. :wacko:
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#270 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 18 February 2024 - 12:14 PM

Yes, plastic pitches are banned in the FL, Sutton were the last team to go up with one and had to have it ripped up. Harrogate before them also, they played at Doncaster while the change was made.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#271 User is offline   Nickycw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2024 - 12:16 PM

5 goals, few subs and Tyrer needing treatment…was expecting about that much added time with how it’s applied these days

#272 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2024 - 12:17 PM

Sutton Harrogate Bromley

It’s a farce
JRID

#273 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2024 - 12:22 PM

View PostNickycw, on 18 February 2024 - 12:16 PM, said:

5 goals, few subs and Tyrer needing treatment…was expecting about that much added time with how it’s applied these days

Correct, if you do a similar analysis for last week you may see the point.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#274 User is offline   PapiSauron 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:09 PM

I think most people who were there yesterday will agree that we played well midfield onwards (3 goals suggest so) and defensively played well in the first half.

The challenge came in the second half when Bromley switched tactic, in the first they played long direct balls over the top and through the middle which we dealt with fine. In the second they realised our wing backs push forward and instead played these balls straight down the wings and crossed into the box. We didn’t adapt and we didn’t deal with it, they looked like they could score from every cross and we couldn’t clear the ball which was frustrating and something which we usually deal with fine, I am sure the coaching team will look into it analyse and come up with the proper solutions

I think overall we played well and should have won with slightly better defending, but no reason to panic like I’ve seen on here and social media.

I do prefer jones in the squad over Oldaker, not sure if he’s injured or if cook just prefers Oldaker because he is more of a fancy midfielder who twists and turns in the ball and plays a nice passing game. Jones however offers us that gritty, determined hard work that stifles oppositions counter attacks, when the opposition are on the counter you always feel like Jones will get back and cover not so much with Oldaker. This is not meant as a dig at Oldaker by the way I think he’s a very tidy player and definitely has his place in the team. I think Halifax away on their pitch and with their style of play Jones would be the perfect partner for Naylor.

Overall we are still clear runaway winners and yesterday hasn’t changed that at all despite the what some town fans are acting like on twitter. I thought we would lose around 5/6 games this season and that’s looking to be about right, teams that win a league usually lose around 10 in a season. We probably won’t see another season like this again for chesterfield in terms of being 20 points clear with the league pretty much wrapped up in Feb so for gods sake just enjoy it whilst it’s happening!

See you all at Halifax Tuesday.

#275 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:13 PM

View PostPapiSauron, on 18 February 2024 - 02:09 PM, said:

I think most people who were there yesterday will agree that we played well midfield onwards (3 goals suggest so) and defensively played well in the first half.

The challenge came in the second half when Bromley switched tactic, in the first they played long direct balls over the top and through the middle which we dealt with fine. In the second they realised our wing backs push forward and instead played these balls straight down the wings and crossed into the box. We didn’t adapt and we didn’t deal with it, they looked like they could score from every cross and we couldn’t clear the ball which was frustrating and something which we usually deal with fine, I am sure the coaching team will look into it analyse and come up with the proper solutions

I think overall we played well and should have won with slightly better defending, but no reason to panic like I’ve seen on here and social media.

I do prefer jones in the squad over Oldaker, not sure if he’s injured or if cook just prefers Oldaker because he is more of a fancy midfielder who twists and turns in the ball and plays a nice passing game. Jones however offers us that gritty, determined hard work that stifles oppositions counter attacks, when the opposition are on the counter you always feel like Jones will get back and cover not so much with Oldaker. This is not meant as a dig at Oldaker by the way I think he’s a very tidy player and definitely has his place in the team. I think Halifax away on their pitch and with their style of play Jones would be the perfect partner for Naylor.

Overall we are still clear runaway winners and yesterday hasn’t changed that at all despite the what some town fans are acting like on twitter. I thought we would lose around 5/6 games this season and that’s looking to be about right, teams that win a league usually lose around 10 in a season. We probably won’t see another season like this again for chesterfield in terms of being 20 points clear with the league pretty much wrapped up in Feb so for gods sake just enjoy it whilst it’s happening!

I was there yesterday and agree with pretty much all what you've said there. 👍

#276 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:23 PM

I thought the first half yesterday was too good to be true

We were that much on top it was like a training match passing exercise at times but unfortunately possession

stats do not win football matches as we are continually being told by the stat experts watching the Premier League matches

It was as though it was a phony war and the second half was not going to continue the same way

woodman obviously got them fired up and an early fortunate goal from you know who fired them up even more but having said that at 3-2 up it was a complete shock to concede those 2 further goals as we did

At least we have an early chance to get back in the groove at halifax on Tuesday night but thats another ground where we have struggled in the past

COYB

#277 User is offline   Spireiteranger 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:28 PM

View PostPapiSauron, on 18 February 2024 - 02:09 PM, said:

We don’t play wing backs 4-2-3-1

#278 User is offline   PapiSauron 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:57 PM

View PostSpireiteranger, on 18 February 2024 - 02:28 PM, said:

Full backs then mate, either way they get up high and attack leaving the wings exposed which Bromley capitalised on yesterday. I think we’re splitting hairs with the terminology to be honest.

#279 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 18 February 2024 - 03:07 PM

Fisherman or fool?

Total claptrap

Fisherman or fool?

#280 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 18 February 2024 - 03:46 PM

View PostSpireiteranger, on 18 February 2024 - 02:28 PM, said:

In all but name we do , how often do you see our fullbacks bombing forward and how often do you see them just sitting in? Definitely the former .

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users