• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Matlock Away

#21 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:49 AM

4 x Tickets purchased number 976. So Im guessing thats nearly 1,000 purchased online. The selection is under general admission so Im guessing that also includes any Matlock fans who have purchased on line also. Take into account the "pay on the day" which most people will use and it should be a bumper fun crowd and a great day out as usual. Looking forward to fun in the sun on Saturday.
There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#22 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2022 - 11:19 AM

View PostHoneyTrippa, on 12 July 2022 - 09:49 AM, said:

4 x Tickets purchased number 976. So Im guessing thats nearly 1,000 purchased online. The selection is under general admission so Im guessing that also includes any Matlock fans who have purchased on line also. Take into account the "pay on the day" which most people will use and it should be a bumper fun crowd and a great day out as usual. Looking forward to fun in the sun on Saturday.

if sales keep on as they are, and people get to hear of the online sales numbers, there might not be the option to pay on the day!

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 12 July 2022 - 11:25 AM

#23 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 12 July 2022 - 12:00 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 12 July 2022 - 11:19 AM, said:

if sales keep on as they are, and people get to hear of the online sales numbers, there might not be the option to pay on the day!

The mind boggles at the prospect of a 3000 crowd jammed in at Matlock on a blazing hot day. We'd be standing three deep all down the Causeway Lane side for a start, and full in the sun.
Could always open up behind the Riber end goal I suppose, behind a temporary barrier, but it might be full of cars.
Anybody know the ground limit?

#24 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 July 2022 - 01:13 PM

View Posth again, on 12 July 2022 - 12:00 PM, said:

The mind boggles at the prospect of a 3000 crowd jammed in at Matlock on a blazing hot day. We'd be standing three deep all down the Causeway Lane side for a start, and full in the sun.
Could always open up behind the Riber end goal I suppose, behind a temporary barrier, but it might be full of cars.
Anybody know the ground limit?

2,400 I think, I went for the top of the table clash against Buxton and 2,200 were in and it was uncomfortably tight, no chance of allowing fans to stand behind that goal

#25 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 12 July 2022 - 01:18 PM

View Postmoondog, on 12 July 2022 - 01:13 PM, said:

2,400 I think, I went for the top of the table clash against Buxton and 2,200 were in and it was uncomfortably tight, no chance of allowing fans to stand behind that goal

TheMatlockFan already said on the Pre Season Friendlies thread that folk can stand at the cricket pitch end...sadly for DIFH you cant take a deck chair though :-

View PostTheMatlockFan, on 11 July 2022 - 12:56 PM, said:

Capacity is 2400 but with the cricket pitch end there is some extra space.

#26 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 12 July 2022 - 01:36 PM

View PostJonB, on 12 July 2022 - 01:18 PM, said:

TheMatlockFan already said on the Pre Season Friendlies thread that folk can stand at the cricket pitch end...sadly for DIFH you cant take a deck chair though :-

Okay thanks, not seen that

#27 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 12 July 2022 - 05:56 PM

View PostJonB, on 12 July 2022 - 01:18 PM, said:

If I see Dave in his deck chair I’ll stand in front of him and I’m well into my 90s
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#28 User is offline   sixmilliondollardan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2022 - 06:14 PM

What's the drinking situation this year? Last time I remember there being a rule that you could only have alcohol indoors.

#29 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 12 July 2022 - 10:30 PM

Matlock town 0 - 1 Mansfield Town. Att 1058. Think we’ll beat that att figure comfortably.

This post has been edited by smiffy: 12 July 2022 - 10:31 PM

#30 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 12 July 2022 - 10:40 PM

View Postsmiffy, on 12 July 2022 - 10:30 PM, said:

Matlock town 0 - 1 Mansfield Town. Att 1058. Think we’ll beat that att figure comfortably.

We'll more than double that and the score

#31 User is offline   TheMatlockFan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2022 - 12:56 AM

A few updates as I've just finished from Tuesday's game.

We are now over 50% capacity sold, there will be pay at the turnstiles including a contactless option should tickets not sell out before hand. I can confirm that the amount of tickets sold is already more than the attendance this evening.

Car parking is available on the cricket pitch and spaces went quick this evening so please keep that in mind.

The plan at the moment is to run three different bars two on the Twigg Stand side and one on the Causeway Lane side, they will take cash and contactless.

You will be able to sit behind the goal at the cricket pitch end and you will be able to sit on your own chair should you wish to bring it.

If there is any other questions then I will do my best to check in on this thread a few times before the weekend and answer them.

#32 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 13 July 2022 - 04:00 AM

View Postsixmilliondollardan, on 12 July 2022 - 06:14 PM, said:

What's the drinking situation this year? Last time I remember there being a rule that you could only have alcohol indoors.

Same

View PostTheMatlockFan, on 13 July 2022 - 12:56 AM, said:

We are now over 50% capacity sold, there will be pay at the turnstiles including a contactless option should tickets not sell out before hand. I can confirm that the amount of tickets sold is already more than the attendance this evening.

Car parking is available on the cricket pitch and spaces went quick this evening so please keep that in mind.

The plan at the moment is to run three different bars two on the Twigg Stand side and one on the Causeway Lane side, they will take cash and contactless.

You will be able to sit behind the goal at the cricket pitch end and you will be able to sit on your own chair should you wish to bring it.

If there is any other questions then I will do my best to check in on this thread a few times before the weekend and answer them.

Yippee
God I hate this league.

#33 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 13 July 2022 - 08:19 AM

View PostTheMatlockFan, on 13 July 2022 - 12:56 AM, said:

Do you know what time your car park opens mate? Trying to figure out what time to get down from.

#34 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2022 - 09:41 AM

View PostGoku, on 13 July 2022 - 08:19 AM, said:

Do you know what time your car park opens mate? Trying to figure out what time to get down from.

Hey up Goku, I'm sure that Matlock Fan said that parking would be available from 11.00 am with a maximum of 250 cars which will allow for the departure for any vehicle to leave should they need to before the end of the game.

#35 User is offline   TheMatlockFan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2022 - 10:53 AM

View PostGoku, on 13 July 2022 - 08:19 AM, said:

All details on parking is here mate - https://www.matlockt...d-fc--16722.asp

There are other car parks in and around town but they will fill pretty quickly as well given the weather and it's a Saturday so I'd advise arriving early. There's a lovely park across the road should you wish to kill time beforehand.

#36 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2022 - 02:31 PM

View PostTheMatlockFan, on 13 July 2022 - 10:53 AM, said:

There are other car parks in and around town but they will fill pretty quickly as well given the weather and it's a Saturday so I'd advise arriving early. There's a lovely park across the road should you wish to kill time beforehand.

Where in Matlock has a decent beer garden nowadays for a drink before? I went to school there but not been for a few years really. Duke Of Wellington and Red Lion jumped out but can't think of any others from way back when

#37 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 13 July 2022 - 03:00 PM

View PostCFC91, on 13 July 2022 - 02:31 PM, said:

Where in Matlock has a decent beer garden nowadays for a drink before? I went to school there but not been for a few years really. Duke Of Wellington and Red Lion jumped out but can't think of any others from way back when

Duke of Wellington is a bit out of the way up the top but Red Lion is decent and has its own brewery now i think. Think there a couple over the river on the other side of the park that have beer gardens but not 100% sure. I've asked my brother who lived over there for a while recently for any recommendations.

#38 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 13 July 2022 - 03:07 PM

Just had a reply....Mad Hatters and Monk have beer yards but not really beer gardens as such. Laburnum, Thorn Tree and Sycamore have decent ones but they are like the Duke of Wellington and further out from the town centre. There is the Duke William as well which is at the Matlock end of the Starkholmes road and not that much further than the Red Lion if you cut through rather than walk all the way round on the road. There is also one further up the Starkholmes road but again thats a bit of a walk.

#39 User is offline   TheMatlockFan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2022 - 03:23 PM

The Shorts Lounge is a fantastic boozer but then I am biased...

#40 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 13 July 2022 - 03:51 PM

View PostTheMatlockFan, on 13 July 2022 - 10:53 AM, said:

Cafe sells beer !

View PostCFC91, on 13 July 2022 - 02:31 PM, said:

Keep gob shut !!
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users