we lost to 9 men today!!

We start with 9 men
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#82 User is offline   Spireite82 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:04 PM

If you watch the goal on the highlights you see that there are three posh players blocking tommy hence why he flapped (I don't think they were fouling him in my opinion, simply standing their ground). However, their goalkeeper was free to come out and claim every cross; our outfield players didn't prevent him or even try to. Tommy's biggest weakness is crosses IMO as he isn't the biggest and definitely not the strongest, but his defenders don't help by not being goal side or protecting him. I still rate Tommy and if we are honest, if he was 6'4" and awesome at commanding his area he wouldn't be playing for us...

Our whole team isn't strong enough or quick enough IMO. Very worrying times for the town from such a good team last year...incredible downturn :-(

Anyone else notice their GK before their goal clearly telling their big centre back to go and stand in front of Tommy? Missing Evo at back big time IMO.

#83 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostSpireite82, on 06 February 2016 - 09:04 PM, said:

If you watch the goal on the highlights you see that there are three posh players blocking tommy hence why he flapped (I don't think they were fouling him in my opinion, simply standing their ground). However, their goalkeeper was free to come out and claim every cross; our outfield players didn't prevent him or even try to. Tommy's biggest weakness is crosses IMO as he isn't the biggest and definitely not the strongest, but his defenders don't help by not being goal side or protecting him. I still rate Tommy and if we are honest, if he was 6'4" and awesome at commanding his area he wouldn't be playing for us...

Our whole team isn't strong enough or quick enough IMO. Very worrying times for the town from such a good team last year...incredible downturn :-(

Anyone else notice their GK before their goal clearly telling their big centre back to go and stand in front of Tommy? Missing Evo at back big time IMO.

I'm likely to be castigated for this but Tommy is downright naive at times. He should not have conceded today but nearly gave them a second, from their goalkeeper of all people, by being yards off his line in the face of a raging gale. He then spent nearly all the remainder of the match stood, without apparent reason, mid way between his penalty box and the half way line. If their goalkeeper, a cheating tow rag but a great shot stopper with good hands, had punted upfield again we would have been well and truly embarrassed instead of being ......well, just embarrassed.

This post has been edited by plannerj: 06 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

#84 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Yumeka
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:40 AM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 06 February 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

How many points do we need? Well 6 from Crewe and Colchester as a minimum, any more are a bonus

How many do I reckon we will get? 3, maybe 4, but they must be coming against our relegation rivals, we can't afford to let anyone build up a head of steam.

Put it this way, Colchester have not won a league game since October, if we can't beat them then we deserve to go down.

Don't speak too soon...remember Blackpool? :ninja:
頑張れ日本!!!

#85 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:49 AM

On reflection I feel I should apologise to anyone sat in the vicinity of the Peterboring dugout
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#86 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:07 AM

View Postplannerj, on 06 February 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

I'm likely to be castigated for this but Tommy is downright naive at times. He should not have conceded today but nearly gave them a second, from their goalkeeper of all people, by being yards off his line in the face of a raging gale. He then spent nearly all the remainder of the match stood, without apparent reason, mid way between his penalty box and the half way line. If their goalkeeper, a cheating tow rag but a great shot stopper with good hands, had punted upfield again we would have been well and truly embarrassed instead of being ......well, just embarrassed.

Tommy has not improved with time. He flaps punches and palms instead of catching and holding thus killing the ball dead.

Loose balls will come back. Put some glue on yer gloves tommy ffs.

This post has been edited by Bowzer spirey: 07 February 2016 - 09:08 AM

#87 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:29 AM

Surprised no one has mentioned the actions of the Peterborough keeper on the final whistle as he went running to the centre circle and turned to the South stand giving V signs
Have passport will travel

#88 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

View PostBenno Spire, on 07 February 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the actions of the Peterborough keeper on the final whistle as he went running to the centre circle and turned to the South stand giving V signs

Not gonna lie I'd have loved the chance to sneak up behind him on a night out and send his jaw flying into next week

*nervous laugh* just kidding ��

Edit; i would Pay someone with a better punch than me to do it

This post has been edited by Goku: 07 February 2016 - 10:42 AM

#89 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:34 AM

Football fans have long memories.

#90 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:11 AM

Peterborough is a nice town.
Peterborough people are generally decent people.
Peterborough United is owned by a shyster.
Peterborough United employs shysters who will stoop to any level to achieve their goal.
I detest Peterborough United nearly has much as Bradford for what they are doing to football
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#91 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 07 February 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

Peterborough is a nice town.
Peterborough people are generally decent people.
Peterborough United is owned by a shyster.
Peterborough United employs shysters who will stoop to any level to achieve their goal.
I detest Peterborough United nearly has much as Bradford for what they are doing to football

Not going to comment on why we failed to beat nine men? We all recognise their tactics were disgusting but so what, this happens, we've got to deal with it and we failed miserably.

#92 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostNerima Spireite, on 06 February 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

Oh ㄷㅇㄷk. I'm starting to think we're shagged this season. Please someone...lift my spirits! ...........

....Peterborough took a corner which went directly out of play on the half way line. It must go down as one of the worst ever in the history of the universe. I hope that suffices.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#93 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:45 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 07 February 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

Tommy has not improved with time. He flaps punches and palms instead of catching and holding thus killing the ball dead.

Loose balls will come back. Put some glue on yer gloves tommy ffs.

He simply had no option yesterday, the fact that they were all over him without a degree of protection is down to the team.
God I hate this league.

#94 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:56 PM

Just seen it on tv...it was a foul and given 9 times out of 10.

#95 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:58 PM

How Tommy was expected to deal with that with all those players round him is beyond me. I don't blame Tommy, he did all he could IMO.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#96 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:01 PM

I've just seen it too. Why didn't our players pull the P'boro players off Tommy? More embarrassing defending. That is schoolboy.

edit; wtf is our highlights package on youtube? it doesn't show simons' chance or the one that got cleared off the line, it just ends after they go down to 9 and their keeper nearly scores. joke.

having watched those highlights and seeing them being reduced to nine men and still losing the game im speechless. really uncomfortable to see 11 men fail to score against 9 within 20/25 mins.

This post has been edited by Goku: 07 February 2016 - 01:04 PM

#97 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:08 PM

View PostJonB, on 07 February 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

Just seen it on tv...it was a foul and given 9 times out of 10.

Not seen it on TV but I thought the ref had an elleray moment and his mind froze he even looked at the lino for help. He had no control of penalty area skirmishes all game to our detriment
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#98 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:11 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 07 February 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

How Tommy was expected to deal with that with all those players round him is beyond me. I don't blame Tommy, he did all he could IMO.

It was a foul on Lee, no doubt. But, we seem to be getting on the end of a fair number of bad refereeing decisions throughout this season.

On the subject of their goalkeeper - is not there a case for describing "feigning injury" as "simulation"? What is the difference between a player diving to try and gain an advantage or a player feigning injury to try and gain an advantage. The laws of the game should allow a referee to observe the agility of a player following such deceit and book him retrospectively as it is rare to see somebody with a bad back leap about so easily.

Then again, the laws of the game allow the referee to book players for time wasting - what a waste of time that was yesterday with "Mr I'm in Westley's pocket"!

#99 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:16 PM

View PostGoku, on 07 February 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

Not going to comment on why we failed to beat nine men? We all recognise their tactics were disgusting but so what, this happens, we've got to deal with it and we failed miserably.

We all know our failings. I am merely commenting on a club I used to have respect for and enjoy visiting that have now sunk to such depths that I have sympathy for any of their supporters that have an ounce of moral football decency
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#100 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:18 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 07 February 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

Not seen it on TV but I thought the ref had an elleray moment and his mind froze he even looked at the lino for help. He had no control of penalty area skirmishes all game to our detriment

It was supposed to be an outswinger but it somehow ended up drifting onto the goal line. Tommy got confused, patted it upwards, and has conceded that it was his fault.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users