Added Time

#21 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 07 August 2023 - 09:28 AM

View PostHalf Full, on 07 August 2023 - 09:24 AM, said:

Possibly because not all clubs have suitable scoreboards?

More likely because the NL is a tinpot organisation that's years behind the professional leagues.
@MancSpireites

#22 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 August 2023 - 09:29 AM

View PostGoku, on 07 August 2023 - 08:45 AM, said:

Think the general consensus is that this is a good idea but not when there's only 5 subs allowed to be named with 3 used.

Personally, I dont see why the number of substitutes has anything to do with it. I'm guessing the aim is to stamp out timewasting, increasing the number of usable subs will just cancel out the timewasting initiative.

The alternative and best way, in my opinion, is to use yellow and red cards more.

I would like to see the implementation of a rule whereby if a player is fouled and has to go off after treatment, the player who commited a foul goes off as well but for longer.

Timewasting and faking injury ruins the game for me and we are guilty of it as well. Fitsimons was a nightmare for it but he was only doing what he was told to do.

As I have said above, I want to watch football, not players rolling around and stopping the game when there's no reason to.

#23 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 09:30 AM

View PostQuaker, on 07 August 2023 - 09:29 AM, said:

Personally, I dont see why the number of substitutes has anything to do with it. I'm guessing the aim is to stamp out timewasting, increasing the number of usable subs will just cancel out the timewasting initiative.

The alternative and best way, in my opinion, is to use yellow and red cards more.

I would like to see the implementation of a rule whereby if a player is fouled and has to go off after treatment, the player who commited a foul goes off as well but for longer.

Timewasting and faking injury ruins the game for me and we are guilty of it as well. Fitsimons was a nightmare for it but he was only doing what he was told to do.

As I have said above, I want to watch football, not players rolling around and stopping the game when there's no reason to.

The number of breaks in play for 5 subs does not increase.
@MancSpireites

#24 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 09:34 AM

View PostHalf Full, on 07 August 2023 - 09:24 AM, said:

Possibly because not all clubs have suitable scoreboards?

Well just do it where its available. The League cant just keep not doing stuff because it effects a few others in the league, it will always have a tinpot reputation and less likely to get much from the EFL towards extra promotion spots etc unless they look to make themselves more aligned with that league

#25 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 August 2023 - 09:41 AM

View PostZeus, on 07 August 2023 - 09:30 AM, said:

The number of breaks in play for 5 subs does not increase.

I mean in the sense of bringing fresh legs on. Managers can instruct players to waste time knowing they can bring fresh legs on as they approach the end of the game. Bringing 3 players on at 85 mins knowing full well your team has wasted enough time for another ten mins to be added.

#26 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 09:49 AM

View PostQuaker, on 07 August 2023 - 09:41 AM, said:

I mean in the sense of bringing fresh legs on. Managers can instruct players to waste time knowing they can bring fresh legs on as they approach the end of the game. Bringing 3 players on at 85 mins knowing full well your team has wasted enough time for another ten mins to be added.

So could the attacking side
@MancSpireites

#27 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2023 - 10:37 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 07 August 2023 - 06:56 AM, said:

Well it benefited us on Saturday….they were going down like flies, only adding to the time….when else in normal matches would you have scored in 90+10 minutes to win it??

Only stupid footballers will realise feigning injury to stop play will have a detrimental effect

It's not the stupid footballers they are doing a job asked of them by incompetent coaches and assisted by complicit (definition available if reqd) professional medical staff.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#28 User is offline   Half Full 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 11:10 AM

View PostJonB, on 07 August 2023 - 09:34 AM, said:

Well just do it where its available. The League cant just keep not doing stuff because it effects a few others in the league, it will always have a tinpot reputation and less likely to get much from the EFL towards extra promotion spots etc unless they look to make themselves more aligned with that league

Absolutely agree. Need to think bigger as league has changed from part time semi professional outfits. Seem to remember a suggestion that five subs limit is in some part a reflection on some clubs having small squads.

#29 User is offline   Cfc4me 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 11:38 AM

View PostHalf Full, on 07 August 2023 - 11:10 AM, said:

Absolutely agree. Need to think bigger as league has changed from part time semi professional outfits. Seem to remember a suggestion that five subs limit is in some part a reflection on some clubs having small squads.

The pfa chief said it was to combat fatigue in the prem due to match congestion.
https://www.thepfa.c...ule-next-season

#30 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2023 - 12:45 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 06 August 2023 - 10:31 PM, said:

Are you missing the point?

The players aren’t being asked to play an extra 15 minutes or so on top of the 90. They’re being asked to play the full 90.

The added time is to account for the time the players are standing about having a drink whilst the trainer is on. Again.

There is a wider issue driving the changes. Clubs, managers and players are contributing to spoiling the game through THEIR deliberate game management to gain advantages through stopping the momentum of their opponents. Add to this the disgusting approach to refs and their team in the game. The grass routes refs are getting horrible treatment from parents and something has to change. A simple body cam where we can all hear what’s taking place would be a good step.

I want to see loads of cards early in the season and finally the penny May drop.
God I hate this league.

#31 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 August 2023 - 02:56 PM

View PostGoku, on 07 August 2023 - 08:45 AM, said:

Think the general consensus is that this is a good idea but not when there's only 5 subs allowed to be named with 3 used.

I'm glad somebody gets it. Some people still think its 1975.

Players at this level will get hurt because of this rule change.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#32 User is offline   Latics83 

• Trialist
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 07 August 2023 - 03:40 PM

Our (oldham) game finished after 102 mins. Definitely didn't need those extra mins on Saturday!!!

#33 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 04:36 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 07 August 2023 - 02:56 PM, said:

I'm glad somebody gets it. Some people still think its 1975.

Players at this level will get hurt because of this rule change.

Rubbish.

Players have gradually gone from about 80 minutes active play to 60 minutes at best.

The time added is only to combat significant periods of the game being lost by cheating, for want of a better word.

Stop cheating and the added time will return to a few minutes and they’ll only be actually playing the game for the same amount of time.

Do you get it?

#34 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 04:49 PM

View PostLatics83, on 07 August 2023 - 03:40 PM, said:

Our (oldham) game finished after 102 mins. Definitely didn't need those extra mins on Saturday!!!

Mate, your game was over after 8 minutes.😃

Slightly off topic but related.
Scoreboards can now continue counting after 45 minutes and 90 minutes. Is there any reason why ours stopped at 45 and 90?
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#35 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2023 - 04:51 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 07 August 2023 - 10:37 AM, said:

It's not the stupid footballers they are doing a job asked of them by incompetent coaches and assisted by complicit (definition available if reqd) professional medical staff.

Do you have any evidence of this statement of fact that you endlessly repeat?

#36 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2023 - 04:58 PM

View Postborn in 1866, on 07 August 2023 - 04:49 PM, said:

Scoreboards can now continue counting after 45 minutes and 90 minutes. Is there any reason why ours stopped at 45 and 90?

They are programmed that way obviously
God I hate this league.

#37 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2023 - 04:59 PM

View PostQuaker, on 07 August 2023 - 09:29 AM, said:

Totally agree with your last couple of paragraphs but if the player committing a ‘foul’ went off for longer than the chap pretending to have been fouled, it would be chaos. Dobra would be even worse than he is now.
These go to eleven.

#38 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2023 - 05:01 PM

View Postborn in 1866, on 07 August 2023 - 04:49 PM, said:

Efl said they would run them past 45/90 but national league haven’t said the same as far as I can tell.

#39 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 07 August 2023 - 05:03 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 07 August 2023 - 04:36 PM, said:

Rubbish.

Players have gradually gone from about 80 minutes active play to 60 minutes at best.

The time added is only to combat significant periods of the game being lost by cheating, for want of a better word.

Stop cheating and the added time will return to a few minutes and they’ll only be actually playing the game for the same amount of time.

Do you get it?

When was it 80 minutes? Is that a mad up fact? It was 48 minutes actual game time League Two last season. Given the it dropped division by division and knowing the antics in this league it is unlikely to he higher in the NL.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 07 August 2023 - 05:04 PM

#40 User is online   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 07 August 2023 - 05:34 PM

If the 7 subs on the bench is going to be a problem for some teams in this league, stick to the five, but all five can be used. That way no one gains any advantage and weaker sides don't have to make the number up with kids.
The league is run in an amateurish way,which should have ended years ago.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users