Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Streaming 2024/25 - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Streaming 2024/25

#1 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2024 - 05:21 PM

I’ll admit I was against streaming all matches as I thought it would adversely affect attendances. Looks like I was wrong and I have watched a lot of away games this season via NLTV and the trusty VPN.

However I’m totally confused about next season and the deal with Sky. I don’t have a Sky Sports subscription and have no interest in getting one as the only sport I watch is CFC, no interest in the PL or other teams.

I can’t find any info online about how picking a match to watch will work. For example if the game is one being broadcast as one of the featured games will I have to have a SS sub to watch it? If it’s not one of the chosen games does that mean we can’t watch at all or will it still be like the NLTV and be able to watch with a VPN?

Does anyone have any info about how this will work? Cheers.

#2 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2024 - 05:41 PM

trickytrevsfanclub, on 18 April 2024 - 05:21 PM, said:

I’ll admit I was against streaming all matches as I thought it would adversely affect attendances. Looks like I was wrong and I have watched a lot of away games this season via NLTV and the trusty VPN.

However I’m totally confused about next season and the deal with Sky. I don’t have a Sky Sports subscription and have no interest in getting one as the only sport I watch is CFC, no interest in the PL or other teams.

I can’t find any info online about how picking a match to watch will work. For example if the game is one being broadcast as one of the featured games will I have to have a SS sub to watch it? If it’s not one of the chosen games does that mean we can’t watch at all or will it still be like the NLTV and be able to watch with a VPN?

I’ll go first.
No games broadcast during the blackout Saturday blackout.
Five (in total) EFL 1 and 2 games per week will be shown live on SS plus all opening, final day, and midweek fixtures, as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One and League Two during international breaks.
As for streaming, not sure what this means:
“From the 2024/25 season onward, the agreement makes more matches available to watch and will effectively replace the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services.”
Is that all other matches then?

#3 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2024 - 06:55 PM

60s 70s Spireite, on 18 April 2024 - 05:41 PM, said:

I’ll go first.
Five (in total) EFL 1 and 2 games per week will be shown live on SS plus all opening, final day, and midweek fixtures, as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One and League Two during international breaks.
“From the 2024/25 season onward, the agreement makes more matches available to watch and will effectively replace the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services.”

The Athletic online journal reports on 12 April.
iFollow and club streaming services will be replaced in the UK next season as part of Sky Sports’ new five-year English Football League (EFL) broadcast deal.
All midweek fixtures in the Championship, League One and League Two will be shown live on Sky from the 2024-25 campaign to 2028-29.
These fixtures had previously been available to watch in the UK on EFL subscription service iFollow and clubs’ in-house streaming services, plus on Sky’s red button.
A Sky Sports statement read: "From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services.

Not clear how this is accessed is it?

#4 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2024 - 06:59 PM

Ifollow is being replaced domestically I think, in terms of being abroad and watching I think it will be staying.

#5 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2024 - 06:59 PM

The fundamental question is whether you need a Sky subscription to stream or are they available on pay per view without one

This question is rarely asked and never answered. I’d be surprised if it was the latter when it comes down to domestic audiences

This post has been edited by azul: 18 April 2024 - 07:01 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#6 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2024 - 07:13 PM

It looks to me like Sky has bought the rights for all streaming. So they have a monopoly. The rob dogs have now made sure if you want to watch games you HAVE to buy sky with a sports package at a very expensive rate. So you will no longer be able to select the odd game if you want, it's all or nothing.

#7 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 18 April 2024 - 07:19 PM

Internationally Ifollow is staying and this has been conformed by the EFL. If you are abroad or watch via a vpn then nothing should really change.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#8 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2024 - 07:24 PM

Town_Fan, on 18 April 2024 - 07:19 PM, said:

Internationally Ifollow is staying and this has been conformed by the EFL. If you are abroad or watch via a vpn then nothing should really change.

Can you buy iFollow on a game by game basis?

#9 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2024 - 07:38 PM

azul, on 18 April 2024 - 06:59 PM, said:

The fundamental question is whether you need a Sky subscription to stream or are they available on pay per view without one

This question is rarely asked and never answered. I’d be surprised if it was the latter when it comes down to domestic audiences

I think you can do it without a subscription via NowTV but not 100%.

#10 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2024 - 07:49 PM

trickytrevsfanclub, on 18 April 2024 - 05:21 PM, said:

Every game is available via ifollow if you live abroad despite the changes over here with sky tv. Just get a decent vpn or dodgy stick subscription and you are good to go.

#11 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2024 - 11:28 PM

60s 70s Spireite, on 18 April 2024 - 05:41 PM, said:

I’ll go first.

I read all that prior to my post and it’s as clear as mud as to what will actually be happening.

Bluekent, on 18 April 2024 - 07:49 PM, said:

Every game is available via ifollow if you live abroad despite the changes over here with sky tv. Just get a decent vpn or dodgy stick subscription and you are good to go.

If that’s the case then that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Not a fan of dodgy sticks and quite happy to pay.

#12 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2024 - 06:03 AM

60s 70s Spireite, on 18 April 2024 - 06:55 PM, said:

The Athletic online journal reports on 12 April.
iFollow and club streaming services will be replaced in the UK next season as part of Sky Sports’ new five-year English Football League (EFL) broadcast deal.
All midweek fixtures in the Championship, League One and League Two will be shown live on Sky from the 2024-25 campaign to 2028-29.
These fixtures had previously been available to watch in the UK on EFL subscription service iFollow and clubs’ in-house streaming services, plus on Sky’s red button.
A Sky Sports statement read: "From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services.

Not clear how this is accessed is it?

Via Sky Soorts subscription you’d think.

Certainly going to mean a fair few games won’t be taking place Saturday 3pm.

If they have a commitment to show 6 Champ and 5 L1 & L2 games every regular match day - we are going to see Friday PM, Sat lunch, Sat PM, Sun lunch, Sun PM & Mon PM games every week across the FL

I’m sure Sky will try to avoid clashes with Super Sunday etc too so would expect midday and 6pm KOs too. By the law of averages we won’t be on anymore than we have been in the NL but when we are on, could be at a relatively inconvenient time, especially if away.

On the + side, the TV deal is pretty good for clubs, so we will make more out of it than we have been doing in the NL put it that way.

If I find anymore out from our stream of work I will pass on. I was at the EFL awards in London last week and it was discussed but the free bar was a couple of hours in by this point so not all of it registered.

#13 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 19 April 2024 - 08:04 AM

Bluekent, on 18 April 2024 - 07:49 PM, said:

Worth noting that you may need a non UK bank account (i.e local to the country you are pretending to be in) to purchase an iFollow international pass. It was a faff when I used it during our relegation year which happened to be the first season you could stream every game internationally via iFollow

This post has been edited by azul: 19 April 2024 - 08:05 AM

#14 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2024 - 03:11 PM

The blackout is madness in an age where a free VPN can make anyone look abroad with basically no technical knowledge or skill
Up the Blues

#15 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 19 April 2024 - 04:00 PM

Well, call me an old dinosaur but it looks as though the fans are going to be well and truly shafted again in the cause of lining a few pockets. Kick-off times all over the place (how does that impact on people who've bought season tickets) and an extortionate fee to watch sky sports with it's endless yak yak. And all on top of the non-replay FA Cup.
'Sod the paying customer, the fools will watch whatever we chuck at them' is what it amounts to.

#16 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 19 April 2024 - 04:42 PM

h again, on 19 April 2024 - 04:00 PM, said:

Well, call me an old dinosaur but it looks as though the fans are going to be well and truly shafted again in the cause of lining a few pockets. Kick-off times all over the place (how does that impact on people who've bought season tickets) and an extortionate fee to watch sky sports with it's endless yak yak. And all on top of the non-replay FA Cup.
'Sod the paying customer, the fools will watch whatever we chuck at them' is what it amounts to.

I’d be surprised if we are televised on the main Sky channels and moved as much a we have in the NL. If we are then it’s is probably very good news for our prospects in L2

#17 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2024 - 04:43 PM

h again, on 19 April 2024 - 04:00 PM, said:

You’d assume that the 5 games per week from L1 and L2 will be weighted towards larger L1 teams. But let’s say it’s equal.

24 games a week across the 2 leagues
Just under 1/5th of games affected, when we’re in the 5th effected half of those games will be away.
So maybe a few games a season impacted for season ticket holders.

The ability to watch town on NLTV has been excellent when I haven’t been able to attend. Being able to do that that with the streams being managed more professionally will be excellent.

What will actually happen is we’ll have to accept Sheffield Wednesday will selected every other week

This post has been edited by DMU Blue: 19 April 2024 - 04:44 PM

Up the Blues

#18 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2024 - 05:36 PM

trickytrevsfanclub, on 18 April 2024 - 11:28 PM, said:

I read all that prior to my post and it’s as clear as mud as to what will actually be happening.

If that’s the case then that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Not a fan of dodgy sticks and quite happy to pay.

Yeah that’s what I usually do if I can’t make an away game. I did have a subscription on a dodgy stick but I didn’t find it very reliable anyway but I always pay for the away games , I just pay a monthly subscription for a vpn. Only ever had 1 issue and that was the Solihull game on Boxing Day and that was down to the host.

azul, on 19 April 2024 - 08:04 AM, said:

Worth noting that you may need a non UK bank account (i.e local to the country you are pretending to be in) to purchase an iFollow international pass. It was a faff when I used it during our relegation year which happened to be the first season you could stream every game internationally via iFollow

I purchased a few in that season using a vpn and never had an issue with paying for it but it might have changed now.

#19 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2024 - 03:29 PM

DMU Blue, on 19 April 2024 - 03:11 PM, said:

The blackout is madness in an age where a free VPN can make anyone look abroad with basically no technical knowledge or skill

The blackout is there for a reason which I think most would agree with. And I have no idea how to use a VPN!

#20 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2024 - 07:57 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 20 April 2024 - 03:29 PM, said:

The blackout is there for a reason which I think most would agree with. And I have no idea how to use a VPN!

App Store.
Search “free VPN”
Open VPN
Turn on and select nation to bounce your internet from.
Up the Blues

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users