• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gb News Rate Topic: -----

#181 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 29 February 2024 - 09:10 PM

View PostHolmesc1, on 29 February 2024 - 09:00 PM, said:

As if labour dont do the same

Sigh, do I have to say it again? I am not and will never be a labour supporter, however they are three quarters better than the fricking tories! At least they show more than a modicum of compassion rather than this lot of liars, racists, shysters and charlatans.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#182 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 29 February 2024 - 10:13 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 29 February 2024 - 09:10 PM, said:

Sigh, do I have to say it again? I am not and will never be a labour supporter, however they are three quarters better than the fricking tories! At least they show more than a modicum of compassion rather than this lot of liars, racists, shysters and charlatans.

Both as bad as each other i say playing XXX for tat. My native north east was destroyed under both of them

#183 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2024 - 12:55 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 29 February 2024 - 07:02 PM, said:

My point is that they started in a crap place, they have had a pandemic to deal with.... they have made a crap job of most things but how long before we should see improvements under labour given if its so crap an improvement should be relatively easy...?

Ok so a hotel analogy- an old hotel building gets taken over by a trash firm like Brittania Hotels or Holiday Inn- hotel gets run to the ground.
Gets finally sold to a better chain -say Accor.

How long do they have to turn it around? It won’t be in the first year that’s for sure!

#184 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2024 - 08:47 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 01 March 2024 - 12:55 AM, said:

Ok so a hotel analogy- an old hotel building gets taken over by a trash firm like Brittania Hotels or Holiday Inn- hotel gets run to the ground.
Gets finally sold to a better chain -say Accor.

How long do they have to turn it around? It won’t be in the first year that’s for sure!

Well, you'd throw a load of money at a refurb in all likelihood to go with the rebrand and then probably expect better results from day 1 as you'd chalk off all the old Trip Advisor scores.

If you bought it to trade as is, then you'd be looking for incremental uptick every month and certainly expect to have made considerable headway in the first 12 months.....

But improving an underperforming business is way easier than a country. For the record I'd say the next 5 years will be pretty sh 1 t whoever wins, growth will be modest but better than the last 5 years (assuming we dont have a middle east war or a wider escalation with Russia), inflation will be back down to nearer 2% unless its stoked by large public sector settlements or over ambitious infrastructure projects, interest rates will drop to 3 to 3.5% in next year and stay there.... and most of us will generally notice very little difference around the change of govt

PS Accor probably dont own the hotel just the brand, its likely to be a franchisee if its an accor hotel - well they own 42% ish of the hotels with their brands on...

This post has been edited by isleaiw1: 01 March 2024 - 08:49 AM

Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#185 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2024 - 10:23 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 01 March 2024 - 08:47 AM, said:

Well, you'd throw a load of money at a refurb in all likelihood to go with the rebrand and then probably expect better results from day 1 as you'd chalk off all the old Trip Advisor scores.

If you bought it to trade as is, then you'd be looking for incremental uptick every month and certainly expect to have made considerable headway in the first 12 months.....

But improving an underperforming business is way easier than a country. For the record I'd say the next 5 years will be pretty sh 1 t whoever wins, growth will be modest but better than the last 5 years (assuming we dont have a middle east war or a wider escalation with Russia), inflation will be back down to nearer 2% unless its stoked by large public sector settlements or over ambitious infrastructure projects, interest rates will drop to 3 to 3.5% in next year and stay there.... and most of us will generally notice very little difference around the change of govt

PS Accor probably dont own the hotel just the brand, its likely to be a franchisee if its an accor hotel - well they own 42% ish of the hotels with their brands on...

Stayed at the Rosewood last week - my new fav hotel in London!
(As an aside to nothing lol)

#186 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2024 - 10:33 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 01 March 2024 - 10:23 AM, said:

Stayed at the Rosewood last week - my new fav hotel in London!
(As an aside to nothing lol)

I think its a lot of people favourite in London. My boss was at Seacontainers yesterday, I was at Anzac (Liverpool st) on Wednesday eve.... Peninsula is pretty nice too as is the new Raffles.... but they both make Rosewood look good value!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#187 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2024 - 11:08 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 01 March 2024 - 10:33 AM, said:

I think its a lot of people favourite in London. My boss was at Seacontainers yesterday, I was at Anzac (Liverpool st) on Wednesday eve.... Peninsula is pretty nice too as is the new Raffles.... but they both make Rosewood look good value!

The new one they are doing at the old US Embassy will be amazing (but £2k a night minimum)?!

#188 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2024 - 12:12 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 01 March 2024 - 11:08 AM, said:

The new one they are doing at the old US Embassy will be amazing (but £2k a night minimum)?!

Also getting a waldorf astoria in the admiralty arch at the end of the Mall, by Traf Square. Hospitality in London is a great earner for the economy....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#189 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2024 - 05:06 PM

#190 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2024 - 06:17 PM

Just stayed in a Premier Inn Zip in Cardiff

£29 a night
JRID

#191 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2024 - 08:24 PM

One down.

And with such spiralling losses, surely one to go... https://www.bbc.co.u...siness-68480543

PS: if this creep's been sacked after yet another OFCOM ruling against GeeBeebies - https://www.mirror.c...ked-gb-31124612 - why are they still featuring Islamophobes....?

PPS: how long before the rest of the Mail-esque media start accusing OFCOM of being some lefty instrument 'cancelling' free speech...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 05 March 2024 - 09:07 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#192 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2024 - 06:51 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 05 March 2024 - 08:24 PM, said:

One down.

And with such spiralling losses, surely one to go... https://www.bbc.co.u...siness-68480543

PS: if this creep's been sacked after yet another OFCOM ruling against GeeBeebies - https://www.mirror.c...ked-gb-31124612 - why are they still featuring Islamophobes....?

PPS: how long before the rest of the Mail-esque media start accusing OFCOM of being some lefty instrument 'cancelling' free speech...

Got to love your sayings, geebeebies, mail esque media, presume you are not a fan of gb news of the daily mail, if thats who you refer to? Whats your issue with them, because they dont blow smoke up labours arce

#193 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 07 March 2024 - 08:34 AM

View PostHolmesc1, on 07 March 2024 - 06:51 AM, said:

Got to love your sayings, geebeebies, mail esque media, presume you are not a fan of gb news of the daily mail, if thats who you refer to? Whats your issue with them, because they dont blow smoke up labours arce

Jeez man

#194 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 07 March 2024 - 05:12 PM

I see GeeBeebies is underlining it's ever growing reputation as 'Home of Islamophobes'...

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=CgEKLdBYJSQ

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=qKfQOnJnfd4

#195 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 10 March 2024 - 07:00 PM

Interesting...

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=yykdBgBC9rU

#196 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 11 March 2024 - 08:54 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 10 March 2024 - 07:00 PM, said:

About the losses? To the owners it’s not about profit but about propaganda.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#197 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 11 March 2024 - 10:11 AM

View Posts42blue, on 11 March 2024 - 08:54 AM, said:

About the losses? To the owners it’s not about profit but about propaganda.

But surely even they, or perhaps the right wing evangelist fronting them, have limits.

As Murdoch's proven by pulling his 'Talk' platform from our tv screens.

Either way the Ashfield Islamophobe they continue to employ is rumoured to be joining 'Re-thing' today. Where of course he'll be welcomed with open arms...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 11 March 2024 - 10:12 AM

#198 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 11 March 2024 - 01:35 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 11 March 2024 - 10:11 AM, said:

But surely even they, or perhaps the right wing evangelist fronting them, have limits.

As Murdoch's proven by pulling his 'Talk' platform from our tv screens.

Either way the Ashfield Islamophobe they continue to employ is rumoured to be joining 'Re-thing' today. Where of course he'll be welcomed with open arms...

I imagine they have deep pockets. I also imagine they’ll have other businesses so don’t mind one to offset against profits in another. I read somewhere it’s a drop in the ocean.

Get established, bide their time and waits for a Labour victory to go on full attack.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#199 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 11 March 2024 - 07:39 PM

https://www.theguard...on-reform-party

So 'thirty pee Lee's' latest attention fest was met by exactly the response it deserved - laughter.

And that started with Murdoch's man.

But those giggles soon turned to eye rolling boredom as he lapsed into a monologue of mindless cliches and pig ignorant tropes.

'I want my country back'.

From who? The government of which you were part until recently?

'I want to speak my mind'.

Errr, you do realise you're doing just that now...don't you? Though best stick to those four letter words you mention given that mind's obvious limitations.

'Lots of people think the same way I do'.

Yeah, that's why you'll be asking your constituents to endorse your decision in a by election. Oh, wait...

For context, Anderson was kicked out the Ashfield Labour Party for ugly comments about Travellers. He begged and pleaded to return but it was the final straw.

The Lib' Dem's he then approached also gave him the two fingered salute.

However the tories have no such scruples and embraced him like a long lost brother...well, to his face, anyway. The mocking mirth at f**wittery they actively encouraged was kept mostly behind his back. Or at least at a level above his basic grasp.

In fact he was the perfect 'convenient idiot' for them, blurting what they think 'the likes of him' want to hear like a bigoted version of Dougal from 'Father Ted'.

Unsurprisingly his latest puppet master Tice was increasingly forced to intervene as questions proved too challenging for the Ashfield Islamophobe. None more so than when Sky's Beth Rigby's typically articulate prompt was met by a nonsensical slogan followed by a grunted 'next question'. At which point both organ grinder and monkey simply shouted down the hugely respected journalist.

Not bad from characters always complaining they're the ones being 'cancelled'.

Either way the intellectual tyrannosaur has now allied himself to an outfit recently dubbed 'mad', 'not a proper political party', 'only interested in power', 'helping Labour win the election' and a led by a bloke described as 'a pound shop Farage'.

Who said all that? Well Anderson himself, of course: https://www.mirror.c...mp-lee-32324231

Now that really is hilarious...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 11 March 2024 - 07:49 PM

#200 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 13 March 2024 - 06:55 PM

>DOH!<

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 13 March 2024 - 07:03 PM

Share this topic: