Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Funding Distribution Debate - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (46 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Funding Distribution Debate ......in todays "Times" nespaper

#201 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:16 PM

The NL chiefs will make a decision to suit their own clubs rather than what is correct just like the distribution of the first grant. They want another grant as they see it as free cash with more income than when fans attend. Taking a loan will be tough for them as they won’t be able to justify why they take smaller amounts so take the option to null and void the season rather than admit they got the funding wrong.

Have passport will travel

#202 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:37 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 22 January 2021 - 11:08 PM, said:

NL chiefs have stated that the loan to continue the season from the DCMS isn’t viable as most clubs won’t be able to repay it.

They’re saying the only way the league can continue is for the DCMS to do a u turn and give the money out as grants.

Where has that come from?

I can’t find beggar all apart from a 3 line statement saying that the North and South has been suspended
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#203 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:46 PM

View Postazul, on 22 January 2021 - 11:37 PM, said:

Where has that come from?

I can’t find beggar all apart from a 3 line statement saying that the North and South has been suspended

https://twitter.com/...8811944960?s=19

#204 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:04 AM

View Postmoondog, on 22 January 2021 - 11:46 PM, said:

How the hell do you find this stuff? Who is Thomas Feanheny andJim Green and are they reliable? It breaks my heart that we are in such a league that is incapable of any communique apart from third party tweets.

I’m not surprised option 2 is off the table because I couldn’t see how it was workable, plus the obvious trust issue. I assume the clubs dismissed that idea.

I wonder what we all think about or transfer activity now, some of which occurred after the mierda truly hit the fan

This post has been edited by azul: 23 January 2021 - 12:15 AM

#205 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:04 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 22 January 2021 - 11:08 PM, said:

NL chiefs have stated that the loan to continue the season from the DCMS isn’t viable as most clubs won’t be able to repay it.

That was obvious from the off, I said exactly the same to a friend yesterday morning. The league will not want the liability.

#206 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:57 AM

View PostBlue5, on 23 January 2021 - 07:04 AM, said:

That was obvious from the off, I said exactly the same to a friend yesterday morning. The league will not want the liability.

I see the NL had net assets of Ł55k in their last accounts. The minute it took a loan from the DCMS and distributed it to member clubs, with little chance of repayment, it would be insolvent.

#207 User is online   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:23 AM

Looks more likely that today could be our last game of the season. Null and void seems inevitable government wont u turn on loans as well be seen as giving preferential treatment and lot of clubs wont put themselves in debt with loans

#208 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:47 AM

View Postcharleyfarley11, on 23 January 2021 - 08:23 AM, said:

Looks more likely that today could be our last game of the season. Null and void seems inevitable government wont u turn on loans as well be seen as giving preferential treatment and lot of clubs wont put themselves in debt with loans

If we weren't under the National League Umbrella as a full time professional club we'd have a chance of being an exception as the DCMS have suggested.

If we could separate ourselves from North & South there could be a chance if we can do a deal that protects the handful of part time clubs in our league.

For me there could be a solution if the part time clubs in our league took the furlough option and stopped playing, with their records being expunged and a reduced league with no relegation carried on (for this season only)

I can't see there is the will or capability of the NL Board to do this though.

View Postazul, on 23 January 2021 - 12:04 AM, said:

How the hell do you find this stuff? Who is Thomas Feanheny andJim Green and are they reliable? It breaks my heart that we are in such a league that is incapable of any communique apart from third party tweets.

I’m not surprised option 2 is off the table because I couldn’t see how it was workable, plus the obvious trust issue. I assume the clubs dismissed that idea.

I wonder what we all think about or transfer activity now, some of which occurred after the mierda truly hit the fan

They are reliable journalists in that they have contacts at clubs that leak them letters from the league.

#209 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2021 - 09:22 AM

View Postmoondog, on 23 January 2021 - 08:47 AM, said:

For me there could be a solution if the part time clubs in our league took the furlough option and stopped playing, with their records being expunged and a reduced league with no relegation carried on (for this season only)

I cannot see that happening.

On the subject of furloughing players, this will not be clear cut for the clubs paying out big wages. CJRS currently contributes 80% of an employee's salary up to a maximum of Ł2,500 a month, players earning considerably more than this are hardly going to agree to be furloughed on Ł2,500 a month, especially if their contracts expire this summer. For many, there will be a shortfall, so I suppose the question is who will be covering this if clubs have limited or no income?

This post has been edited by Blue5: 23 January 2021 - 09:23 AM

#210 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 January 2021 - 09:30 AM

View Postcharleyfarley11, on 23 January 2021 - 08:23 AM, said:

What great news to sign on to on a Saturday morning!
East stand second class citizen.

#211 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 10:02 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 23 January 2021 - 09:30 AM, said:

What great news to sign on to on a Saturday morning!

It's speculation not news though, I think there is still have a chance of a u turn if we can be separated from the North & South leagues. It would mean them losing their elite status which was always a bit iffy anyway.

#212 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 10:10 AM

View PostBlue5, on 23 January 2021 - 09:22 AM, said:

I cannot see that happening.

On the subject of furloughing players, this will not be clear cut for the clubs paying out big wages. CJRS currently contributes 80% of an employee's salary up to a maximum of £2,500 a month, players earning considerably more than this are hardly going to agree to be furloughed on £2,500 a month, especially if their contracts expire this summer. For many, there will be a shortfall, so I suppose the question is who will be covering this if clubs have limited or no income?

It's looking like the club(s) that took the chance knowing the furlough rules and the risk.

A double whammy paying off players that could have been furloughed (whilst noting your point) whilst signing players that can't....

#213 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:00 AM

I'd say if teams wanna carry on, let em carry on. If they don't/can't afford to then no hard feelings - no relegation but play for the promotion/playoff spots and then we can pinch the decent players on loan from teams that decided not to continue 😀

I pretty much know they won't allow it but it would reduce the amount of games left to play before the season ends.

Regarding the cup games? I suppose the teams that stop playing would have to forfeit.

(Yes, I know I'm biased)
Here we go again!

#214 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:10 AM

View Postmoondog, on 23 January 2021 - 10:02 AM, said:

It's speculation not news though, I think there is still have a chance of a u turn if we can be separated from the North & South leagues. It would mean them losing their elite status which was always a bit iffy anyway.

Do you think that there is any chance that the unfair Lottery distribution can be reversed? It seems a pretty inadequate state of affairs if nobody has got the balls to challenges it. We are talking a lot of money, some of which will be sitting in bank accounts to cover the first 6 months of 2021.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#215 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:16 AM

View Postdim view, on 23 January 2021 - 11:10 AM, said:

Do you think that there is any chance that the unfair Lottery distribution can be reversed? It seems a pretty inadequate state of affairs if nobody has got the balls to challenges it. We are talking a lot of money, some of which will be sitting in bank accounts to cover the first 6 months of 2021.

Not sure about a reversal but the Independent Panel did from from memory suggest clubs could seek legal advice. The bigger clubs affected ought to be able to organise themselves into taking a class action against the league.

#216 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:23 AM

View Postmoondog, on 23 January 2021 - 11:16 AM, said:

Not sure about a reversal but the Independent Panel did from from memory suggest clubs could seek legal advice. The bigger clubs affected ought to be able to organise themselves into taking a class action against the league.

Well, if Crooty wants a Crowd Funding initiative, he only has to ask.
Thing is, these individuals are going to be voted out in the summer but will have done their bit for the survival of their club so they'll have hero status. That grates with me and it should with Crooty.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#217 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:24 AM

View Postmoondog, on 23 January 2021 - 11:16 AM, said:

I am surprised that the National League have not already been put on notice regarding this issue.

#218 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:28 PM

View PostBlue5, on 23 January 2021 - 11:24 AM, said:

I am surprised that the National League have not already been put on notice regarding this issue.

We just put out the statement...

An update from the club has been issued following a National League request for clubs to consider the following three options and provide their responses and preferences:
1 Each club to take a loan from Sport England
2 The loan to be taken by the National League and passed on to each club
3 Should the season continue?
Updating supporters, chairman Mike Goodwin said: “Our response was for option 1 and for the season to continue.
“We are pleased that the National League season will carry on. We will continue to work with the National League and Sport England to secure the necessary support for the club to move forward and complete the season.”

So the bad news, if that what it is hasn't caught up with us yet

#219 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:49 PM

View Postazul, on 23 January 2021 - 12:28 PM, said:

We just put out the statement...

An update from the club has been issued following a National League request for clubs to consider the following three options and provide their responses and preferences:
1 Each club to take a loan from Sport England
2 The loan to be taken by the National League and passed on to each club
3 Should the season continue?
Updating supporters, chairman Mike Goodwin said: “Our response was for option 1 and for the season to continue.
“We are pleased that the National League season will carry on. We will continue to work with the National League and Sport England to secure the necessary support for the club to move forward and complete the season.”

So the bad news, if that what it is hasn't caught up with us yet

Yes looks like we were late getting the statement out but as we preferred option 1 it's academic.

Typical of this league board to make and then withdraw an option

#220 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:57 PM

View Postmoondog, on 23 January 2021 - 12:49 PM, said:

Yes looks like we were late getting the statement out but as we preferred option 1 it's academic.

Typical of this league board to make and then withdraw an option

Amateur league run by amatuers
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (46 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users