• You cannot reply to this topic

Sturgeon Gone! Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2023 - 01:22 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 16 February 2023 - 05:47 PM, said:

Dianne Abbott has dropped some real clangers. Made herself look pretty damn daft. Nadine Dorries has too. Then there's Leadsom. Or Truss. Or Braverman. Infact numerous females on both sides of the House - and beyond - who deserve criticism for their behaviour and politics.

However the point is we've contributors who recently trumpeted womens' rights when discussing trans stuff, yet who've shown scant regard for them when talking about Sturgeon or Markle or Merkel or many, many others.

Simple truth is there's no evidence confirming the First Minister quit 'cos of the trans tangle she created. No matter how much it might suit some agendas to pursue that largely non-issue. And whilst we might be opposed to her nationalism (how the hell does championing EU membership correspond with leaving another successful union?!) most can recognise and respect the huge role she's played over the last twenty or so years...

PS: why is the trans thing some sorta challenge for Labour and not the tories....?

Well, I don't have much to say about Nicola, Meghan or Angela. They are powerful women, which is a great thing. Do I agree with everything that they say or do? No. But they're not causing women an issue, so I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to say.

I don't think the gender debate is a non-issue. Well, it's not for me anyway. Whether it's the reason that Ms Sturgeon quit, I don't know: I'm simply not privy to that info.

The reason that the "trans thing" is a challenge for Labour is that SKS struggles to articulate whether men have a cervix or women have a penis. I'm a working class woman from a mining town in Yorkshire with a state school education. And I can categorically state that: "They don't" and "They don't".

I read the view of many left leaning women, who consider themselves politically homeless as a result of this issue. I am one of them. Whether you like it or not, the gender debate will have a bigger affect on women than it will on men. That's why so many women find themselves in this position. The economy, health, education and defence are also important to us. But it's not up to anyone else to minimise our concerns or say that we should be casting our vote on other issues. We can, and will, vote as we please.

#42 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 17 February 2023 - 02:01 PM

View Poststevie_b, on 17 February 2023 - 01:22 PM, said:

Well, I don't have much to say about Nicola, Meghan or Angela. They are powerful women, which is a great thing. Do I agree with everything that they say or do? No. But they're not causing women an issue, so I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to say.

I don't think the gender debate is a non-issue. Well, it's not for me anyway. Whether it's the reason that Ms Sturgeon quit, I don't know: I'm simply not privy to that info.

The reason that the "trans thing" is a challenge for Labour is that SKS struggles to articulate whether men have a cervix or women have a penis. I'm a working class woman from a mining town in Yorkshire with a state school education. And I can categorically state that: "They don't" and "They don't".

I read the view of many left leaning women, who consider themselves politically homeless as a result of this issue. I am one of them. Whether you like it or not, the gender debate will have a bigger affect on women than it will on men. That's why so many women find themselves in this position. The economy, health, education and defence are also important to us. But it's not up to anyone else to minimise our concerns or say that we should be casting our vote on other issues. We can, and will, vote as we please.

Superb last paragraph. BTW Nicola was causing women a huge problem North of the boarder, hence the fall out that’s seemingly done for her.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 17 February 2023 - 02:16 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#43 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 February 2023 - 10:09 PM

View Posts42blue, on 17 February 2023 - 09:33 AM, said:

Phew good. I did think that sounded a bit dull.

We can agree it’s ok. Well on calling out both sides. Not sure I agree with what has gone before which was much more than PP or ND is pretty/hot/insert adjective. It was who was going to be better in bed etc….so not a compliment more an objectification of women by regular posters. I don’t think that’s ok. I think that’s degrading.

We agree (again). 🤫

Why does it always go quiet on the subject when you mention various previous posters calling out PP and ND and certain adjectives?

#44 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 19 February 2023 - 10:10 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 19 February 2023 - 10:09 PM, said:

Why does it always go quiet on the subject when you mention various previous posters calling out PP and ND and certain adjectives?

Aren’t those various posters mainly CPS?

#45 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2023 - 10:39 PM

View PostGoku, on 19 February 2023 - 10:10 PM, said:

I can’t recall!

#46 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2023 - 10:59 PM

This “challenge” ain’t going away for SKS and Labour.

‘Scared’ Sir Keir ducks trans row to woo Scots
By Georgia Edkins and Brendan Carlin
SIR Keir Starmer is accused today of ‘ducking’ the trans-rights row that helped trigger the shock resignation of SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon.

The Labour leader faced claims that he was ‘scared stiff’ of raising the issue because his own party backed the SNP’s controversial trans agenda.

The row came after party sources confirmed that in a keynote speech to Labour’s annual Scottish conference today, he would be making no reference to the controversy.

Instead, Sir Keir will seek to capitalise on Ms Sturgeon’s departure by appealing to Scottish voters who had given up on his party, declaring: ‘A Labour government is coming.’

Labour, which has just one MP in Scotland compared to 56 in Tony Blair’s heyday, hopes the SNP leader’s resignation will speed up the party revival north of the border

But the Tories seized on his ‘trans omission’ last night.

Bassetlaw MP Brendan Clarke-Smith said: ‘Once again, even after the SNP’s awful law brought down Nicola Sturgeon, Keir Starmer is ducking the trans row and won’t stand up for women and girls.

‘For Labour, whether a woman has a penis or not is still a question they can’t answer. Starmer is scared stiff of this issue.’

The surprise announcement that the dominant figure in Scottish politics is to stand down after almost a decade at the helm of her party and as Scotland’s First Minister has been billed as a huge blow to the independence movement. It comes with the SNP currently under a police investigation over how more than £600,000 ring-fenced for independence campaigns had apparently gone ‘missing’ from the party’s coffers. Ms Sturgeon’s decision also comes hard on the heels of the huge row over her decision to force through new rules making it easier for people as young as 16 to change their legal gender.

She denied last week that her resignation was caused by the popular backlash against the controversial new law, which has been blocked by the UK Government at Westminster.

Labour has been plagued by claims that it too had a ‘woman problem’, as its members in the Scottish Parliament voted for the gender law and after Sir Keir last year appeared reluctant to say whether women can have penises.

But a Starmer spokesman hit back last night, saying: ‘The only ducking going on here is proper governance of Scotland by the Tories and the SNP. Scottish people are crying out for help with energy bills, for opportunities for their children, and for a health service that’s there when they need it.’

#47 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 20 February 2023 - 12:38 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 19 February 2023 - 10:59 PM, said:

SIR Keir Starmer is accused today of ‘ducking’ the trans-rights row that helped trigger the shock resignation of SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon.

The Labour leader faced claims that he was ‘scared stiff’ of raising the issue because his own party backed the SNP’s controversial trans agenda.

The row came after party sources confirmed that in a keynote speech to Labour’s annual Scottish conference today, he would be making no reference to the controversy.

Instead, Sir Keir will seek to capitalise on Ms Sturgeon’s departure by appealing to Scottish voters who had given up on his party, declaring: ‘A Labour government is coming.’

Labour, which has just one MP in Scotland compared to 56 in Tony Blair’s heyday, hopes the SNP leader’s resignation will speed up the party revival north of the border

Bassetlaw MP Brendan Clarke-Smith said: ‘Once again, even after the SNP’s awful law brought down Nicola Sturgeon, Keir Starmer is ducking the trans row and won’t stand up for women and girls.

‘For Labour, whether a woman has a penis or not is still a question they can’t answer. Starmer is scared stiff of this issue.’

The surprise announcement that the dominant figure in Scottish politics is to stand down after almost a decade at the helm of her party and as Scotland’s First Minister has been billed as a huge blow to the independence movement. It comes with the SNP currently under a police investigation over how more than £600,000 ring-fenced for independence campaigns had apparently gone ‘missing’ from the party’s coffers. Ms Sturgeon’s decision also comes hard on the heels of the huge row over her decision to force through new rules making it easier for people as young as 16 to change their legal gender.

She denied last week that her resignation was caused by the popular backlash against the controversial new law, which has been blocked by the UK Government at Westminster.

Labour has been plagued by claims that it too had a ‘woman problem’, as its members in the Scottish Parliament voted for the gender law and after Sir Keir last year appeared reluctant to say whether women can have penises.

But a Starmer spokesman hit back last night, saying: ‘The only ducking going on here is proper governance of Scotland by the Tories and the SNP. Scottish people are crying out for help with energy bills, for opportunities for their children, and for a health service that’s there when they need it.’

To be honest all SKS has to say is we respect every individual and thier right to live how they see fit as long as it respects others.

He didn’t need to stand on the podium at the party conference and say “it’s wrong to say only women have a cervix”

Because it’s a biological fact that only women have a cervix.

Mic trans want the respect they deserve, they also have to respect the right for women to have the right for women only spaces free from biological men.

What’s wrong with a third space that’s neutral? Why do the tiny minority that are trans want to trample on the 50% of women’s rights and spaces?

It’s truly bizarre and totally un fathomable to me. Ask for your own space, and your own rights and freedoms and no one will have an issue. Ask 49.9% to submit to 0.2% and your gonna have problems

This post has been edited by Wooden Spoon: 20 February 2023 - 12:46 AM

A new hope.

#48 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 20 February 2023 - 06:39 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 19 February 2023 - 10:59 PM, said:

Sooooo SKS is in the wrong for NOT mentioning summat?

Dunno where this comes from, but it's beyond desperate...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#49 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 20 February 2023 - 09:01 AM

After the recent round of Tory leadership changes, therefore PM, changes Sturgeon was loudest calling for a general election to let the people decide. She, and the SNP, have been strangely silent on elections for Holyrood since her resignation.

#50 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 20 February 2023 - 10:31 AM

View PostGoku, on 19 February 2023 - 10:10 PM, said:

I cba to trawl posts but he wasn’t the one I was thinking of tbh.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#51 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 21 February 2023 - 05:47 PM

Could this be the shortest leadership bid ever?

https://www.huffingt...4b0a209e82974f0

But hey - a conversation between her and Boris 'How many kids?' Johnson would be interesting...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 21 February 2023 - 05:47 PM

#52 User is offline   turrhall 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2023 - 09:08 AM

https://www.bbc.co.u...otland-65187823

So it was, in fact, nothing to do with Trans issues

#53 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2023 - 09:19 AM

View Postturrhall, on 05 April 2023 - 09:08 AM, said:

I’m sure she’s completely in the dark over this matter!

#54 User is offline   turrhall 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2023 - 09:29 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 05 April 2023 - 09:19 AM, said:

I’m sure she’s completely in the dark over this matter!

well exactly, that's why she'll have stepped down

#55 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2023 - 09:49 AM

View Postturrhall, on 05 April 2023 - 09:29 AM, said:

well exactly, that's why she'll have stepped down

Let’s hope there’s another arrest to come then!

#56 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2023 - 05:00 PM

Kinda what I thought, pal.

Though that won't stop the usual susects banging their little trans drum whilst most normal folk focus on real issues. Strange how their concerns over womens' rights don't extend to the scandalously low prosecution and conviction levels for rape, either.

Buuuuut anyway, I guess it won't be long before the very same characters who dubbed 'Partygate' a "witch hunt" are demanding the whole SNP leadership are clapped in irons...

#57 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2023 - 05:05 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 05 April 2023 - 05:00 PM, said:

Though that won't stop the usual susects banging their little trans drum whilst most normal folk focus on real issues. Strange how their concerns over womens' rights don't extend to the scandalously low prosecution and conviction levels for rape, either.

Buuuuut anyway, I guess it won't be long before the very same characters who dubbed 'Partygate' a "witch hunt" are demanding the whole SNP leadership are clapped in irons...

“Real issues”….”little trans drum”…, thankfully most people do see it as a real issue.
Of course concerns extend to the appallingly low prosecution rates, why on earth wouldn’t they? And if some folk want to let airy ar..see blokes use women’s toilets and changing spaces because they wear a dress and call themselves judie then get ready for more horrible events happening.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 05 April 2023 - 05:06 PM

#58 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 05 April 2023 - 05:29 PM

Trans issues, there’s so much coverage it’s painful
JRID

#59 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2023 - 06:11 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 05 April 2023 - 05:00 PM, said:

Buuuuut, anyway, I guess none of that takes away what an utterly atrocious reception the transgender bill got when it was revealed the likes of Isla Bryson, a two time rapist, while still identifying as a man, then chose to identify as a woman and get sent to a female prison…not a real issue, of course it’s not!! And if the Labour Party take that line at the next election then they may well be in line for another electoral kick in the proverbials. Thankfully recent reports and talk from SKS seem to indicate they realise the importance of this to around half the electorate.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 05 April 2023 - 06:15 PM

#60 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2023 - 06:28 PM

The Mail is gonna be a B****Y good read tomorrow!

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users