• You cannot reply to this topic

Record vs Record For recent managers of CFC

#21 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Feb 18 2009, 09:17 PM, said:

I was interested in finding out the performance records of our previous managers compared to LR. Below is some data I've compiled which shows interesting reading. Unfortunately my data does not show what games were played in what division as that would be too time consuming. It also does not reflect the relative transfer budgets of each manager (wages or transfer fees paid).

Duncan won 68 out of 196 games = 34.69% win ratio (1.35 points per game)
Randall won 18 out of 62 games = 29.03% win ratio (1.064 points per game)
Hart won 38 out of 111 games = 34.23% win ratio (1.29 points per game)
Mcmenemy won 28 out of 86 games = 32.55% win ratio (1.24 points per game)
Duncan won 143 out of 375 games = 38.13% win ratio (1.42 points per game)
Law won 40 out of 86 games = 46.51% win ratio (1.66 points per game)
Rushbury won 21 out of 71 games = 29.57% win ratio (1.09 points per game)
Richardson won 1 out of 2 games = 50% win ratio (2 points per game)
Mcfarland won 54 out of 194 games = 27.83% win ratio (1.13 points per game)
Richardson won 32 out of 92 games = 34.78% win ratio (1.29 points per game)

This post has been edited by death: 19 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

A new hope.

#22 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

just add the total games incharge and times by 3,then work out how many points he has got and turn it into a percentage....the stats put up are total bollo x
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#23 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:03 AM

View Postbonnyman, on Feb 19 2009, 09:27 PM, said:

just add the total games incharge and times by 3,then work out how many points he has got and turn it into a percentage....the stats put up are total bollo x

Dime bar!!!!

That will give you the win ratio but not points per game. The stats are accurate not 'bollo x' you muppet.
If only....

#24 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:09 AM

Death,

Like I mentioned previously it would have been difficult and time consuming to evaluate each individual managers performance with all contributing factors included. Take Law's expensive all star squad or Duncan's transfer fee's splashed out (Willis, Lee, Mercer, Holland, Wilkinson, Ebdon etc).
If only....

#25 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Feb 20 2009, 08:12 AM, said:

Death,

Like I mentioned previously it would have been difficult and time consuming to evaluate each individual managers performance with all contributing factors included. Take Law's expensive all star squad or Duncan's transfer fee's splashed out (Willis, Lee, Mercer, Holland, Wilkinson, Ebdon etc).

Like Death states the statistics only tell part of the story. MacFarland achieved 1.13 points per game, Richardson 1.29. But in my eyes MacFarland did a better job than Rico by keeping one of the smaller teams, with undoubtedly one of the smallest budgets, afloat in Div 1 for several seasons against better quality teams. In comparison, Rico has been able to sign some big name players for Div 2 standards, has received good financial backing but failed to achieve the play offs in the first season and now we look set for a strong push to finish in the top ten!

This post has been edited by Doughnut: 20 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

#26 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

View PostBlueRover52, on Feb 19 2009, 05:54 PM, said:

:lol: Kermit? Naw I prefer Animal. :lol:

was a great drummer :lol:

#27 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

View PostDoughnut, on Feb 20 2009, 02:09 PM, said:

Like Death states the statistics only tell part of the story. MacFarland achieved 1.13 points per game, Richardson 1.29. But in my eyes MacFarland did a better job than Rico by keeping one of the smaller teams, with undoubtedly one of the smallest budgets, afloat in Div 1 for several seasons against better quality teams. In comparison, Rico has been able to sign some big name players for Div 2 standards, has received good financial backing but failed to achieve the play offs in the first season and now we look set for a strong push to finish in the top ten!

Your right that the stats don't tell the full story and I agree with you about Mcfarland.

The stats don't account for the unaffordable squad Law had and the transfer money Duncan had to play with. People criticise Rico for the signing of Page yet it seems the signings of Jason Lee, Steve Wilkinson and Roger Willis are too easily forgotten. What the data did show was that Rico was comparable with Paul Hart and in my opinion that was not a bad period for Chesterfield FC. Hart even splashed out close on £100K for Tony Brien.
If only....

#28 User is offline   Eddie63 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

this list is only any good if you add in the divisions the games are played in.......

#29 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

View PostEddie63, on Feb 22 2009, 05:07 PM, said:

this list is only any good if you add in the divisions the games are played in.......

The purpose of the thread was to highlight comparitive results obtained. Like previously mentioned, league status, player budgets and transfer fees are difficult to incorporate as there are too many variables. When LR is classed by some as a 'clown' or clueless it jus goes to highlight the different attitude towards LR than that towards Paul Hart, yet both attained similar results.
If only....

#30 User is offline   Eddie63 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Feb 22 2009, 05:31 PM, said:

The purpose of the thread was to highlight comparitive results obtained. Like previously mentioned, league status, player budgets and transfer fees are difficult to incorporate as there are too many variables. When LR is classed by some as a 'clown' or clueless it jus goes to highlight the different attitude towards LR than that towards Paul Hart, yet both attained similar results.

what it highlights is the fact that we still cant win enough games in the fourth tier of english football under his management.P Hart was trying to keep a team up who were rock bottom when he took over and he fell victim to an over ambitious assistant...

#31 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Feb 22 2009, 05:31 PM, said:

From memory, Hart arrived at a club that were plummeting head-first towards relegation but ensured we went down with a roar rather than a whimper.

Richardson took over the side he'd been partially responsible for for five seasons, and did exactly the opposite.

In his first full season Hart took us to Wembley on a limited budget.

In his first full season Richardson finished nine points behind the play off's despite one of the division's stronger budgets.

In his second full season Hart was starved of funds and, allegedly, undermined by his assistant and an unsupportive Chairman.

In his second full season Richardson signed high profile players on expensive, long-term contracts and enjoyed the full support of his Chairman.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#32 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Feb 22 2009, 01:27 PM, said:

Your right that the stats don't tell the full story and I agree with you about Mcfarland.

The stats don't account for the unaffordable squad Law had and the transfer money Duncan had to play with. People criticise Rico for the signing of Page yet it seems the signings of Jason Lee, Steve Wilkinson and Roger Willis are too easily forgotten. What the data did show was that Rico was comparable with Paul Hart and in my opinion that was not a bad period for Chesterfield FC. Hart even splashed out close on £100K for Tony Brien.

I'd suggest our current squad is un-affordable. Hence why certain players are now been offered out on loan. What a massive cock-up by Richardson and also by Hubbard for allowing all this to happen in the first place. God knows what long term damage has been caused by this incompetance!

This post has been edited by Rick Payne: 22 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

I'm embarrassed by the actions of those who run my club.

#33 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

View PostEddie63, on Feb 22 2009, 05:37 PM, said:

what it highlights is the fact that we still cant win enough games in the fourth tier of english football under his management.P Hart was trying to keep a team up who were rock bottom when he took over and he fell victim to an over ambitious assistant...

So he's no different to the majority of CFC mamagers.
If only....

#34 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Feb 22 2009, 06:52 PM, said:

I'd suggest our current squad is un-affordable. Hence why certain players are now been offered out on loan. What a massive cock-up by Richardson and also by Hubbard for allowing all this to happen in the first place. God knows what long term damage has been caused by this incompetance!

Did you think the signings of Currie, Harsley and Page were cock up's at the start of the season?
If only....

#35 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Feb 22 2009, 06:44 PM, said:

From memory, Hart arrived at a club that were plummeting head-first towards relegation but ensured we went down with a roar rather than a whimper.

Richardson took over the side he'd been partially responsible for for five seasons, and did exactly the opposite.

In his first full season Hart took us to Wembley on a limited budget.

In his first full season Richardson finished nine points behind the play off's despite one of the division's stronger budgets.

In his second full season Hart was starved of funds and, allegedly, undermined by his assistant and an unsupportive Chairman.

In his second full season Richardson signed high profile players on expensive, long-term contracts and enjoyed the full support of his Chairman.

Hart was still able to purchase players and I can't imagine Waller, Gunn, Ryan and Brien being on peanuts.
If only....

#36 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Feb 22 2009, 06:52 PM, said:

Get a reality check, whilst the players currently out of favour are on relatively decent contracts, this isn't the premiership, no player will be on enough for them to just sit around seeing out their contracts and wasting what is left of their careers.

They all have decent enough reputations for other clubs to show interest, settlements will be negotiated and they will move on, yes at a cost/loss but not enough to get all dramatic about.

#37 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Feb 22 2009, 06:58 PM, said:

Did you think the signings of Currie, Harsley and Page were cock up's at the start of the season?

All players of good pedigree, no question. So the real cock-up is how they have been handled/managed/coached/motivated by our management duo since they arrived: a more serious indictement.
I'm embarrassed by the actions of those who run my club.

#38 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Feb 19 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

scary thing is, he's on par with Chris McMenemy :lol:

As I've said before, Rico reminds me of McMenemy for a number of reasons:

Succeeded a sacked manager to whom he was the assistant
Doesn't seem to think a midfield is necessary
The team is often carried by a talented striker (Norris for McMenemy, Jack now)
Team meandering along in the basement with no apparent purpose

The difference is that the board acted and booted McMenemy out, no doubt because Johnny D was waiting in the wings.
These go to eleven.

#39 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Feb 22 2009, 07:07 PM, said:

All players of good pedigree, no question. So the real cock-up is how they have been handled/managed/coached/motivated by our management duo since they arrived: a more serious indictement.

Harsley is one player who for me has looked decent when he's been given a chance. I'd personally like to know what he's done wrong. Page has been garbage and a major disappointment and I think Currie is useful player to have in the squad and is also up for it when he comes on.

View PostSiberian Spireite, on Feb 22 2009, 07:07 PM, said:

As I've said before, Rico reminds me of McMenemy for a number of reasons:

Succeeded a sacked manager to whom he was the assistant
Doesn't seem to think a midfield is necessary
The team is often carried by a talented striker (Norris for McMenemy, Jack now)
Team meandering along in the basement with no apparent purpose

The difference is that the board acted and booted McMenemy out, no doubt because Johnny D was waiting in the wings.

What about Tricky Trev? :lol:
If only....

#40 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:16 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Feb 22 2009, 07:00 PM, said:

Hart was still able to purchase players and I can't imagine Waller, Gunn, Ryan and Brien being on peanuts.

Duncan bought Waller.

Tony Brien was a major signing, but i'd still suggest that in relative terms Hart's budget wasn't as strong as Richardson's.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users