Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#4561 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Concerning the funding which Ashley claims to have provided last summer, is there anything in the public domain to substantiate this?

#4562 User is online   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostBlue5, on 25 July 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Concerning the funding which Ashley claims to have provided last summer, is there anything in the public domain to substantiate this?

Ashley said he'd given Sutcliffe a substantial amount which he now wants back off Turner. I don't think he would ever respond to a request to prove it.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#4563 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

Won't the liquidator's report cover Ashley's supposed investment alongside whether or not 'Regency Shipping' money found it's way into CFCFDS accounts?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#4564 User is offline   ingo bingo 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 25 July 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Won't the liquidator's report cover Ashley's supposed investment alongside whether or not 'Regency Shipping' money found it's way into CFCFDS accounts?

Not usually only creditors, there was a £7.5k third party payment to cover liquidator costs, that may be what is being talked about, latest statement of affairs from liquidators available on companies house attached. Mods I assume as this is in the public domain it is ok to share?

Cheers

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by ingo bingo: 25 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

#4565 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

View Postingo bingo, on 25 July 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Not usually only creditors, there was a £7.5k third party payment to cover liquidator costs, that may be what is being talked about, latest statement of affairs from liquidators available on companies house attached. Mods I assume as this is in the public domain it is ok to share?

Cheers

Just a mere 1/4 million in debts then ?

#4566 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

The £7.5k payment was deposited with the liquidators moments before our arrival. We were delayed entering the meeting as the money needed to be paid before they would work on the case.

The loans that both AC & CT made to the DC should have been recorded in the state of affairs and should have been included in the summary, unless they were personal loans to LS.

Z

As an add-on, the garage that serviced the Ford Transit minibus has not been included within the debtors list but is still running round and being used by the FBT at the village. The vehicle had not changed hands since it was purchased (which I believe was sorted by an ex-employer of CFC on behalf of the DC). I think Mr Plod should pull the vehicle and check the registration documents and insurance details with a view to checking the M.O.T history & strict checks that a vehicle of this type and with the usage it is supposed to be registered and declared. Hmmm ;)

This post has been edited by Zorro: 25 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

"You've never had it so good!!!"

#4567 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

I'd be very interested to discover who this 'third party' was...

#4568 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 25 July 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

I'd be very interested to discover who this 'third party' was...

Perhaps it was Liam's wifes great friend Tony ?

#4569 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:14 PM

Had it confirmed by a number of FBT lads that Liam Sutcliffe is running the set-up over the road.

Infact they seemed surprised at the suggestion he'd ever been away.

#4570 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 27 July 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Had it confirmed by a number of FBT lads that Liam Sutcliffe is running the set-up over the road.

Infact they seemed surprised at the suggestion he'd ever been away.

so what next step

#4571 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 27 July 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

so what next step

For Ashley to nip across and demand his money back? I know that's what I'd be doing. Well that's actually a lie, I would never have lent so much as a penny to such an egotistical and lying individual.

#4572 User is offline   Nivo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

Just a little over a week before the new season starts and this subject remains at the forefront, the board of directors should hang their heads in shame for allowing this to be the case.

Self Preservation 1 V Chesterfield FC and its Supporters 0.

#4573 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:10 AM

I continue to read this thread with great interest despite having very little knowledge of how companies work (that's 15 years in the education sector for you) - looking at the latest PDF, Sutcliffe appears on the final page alongside an amount of approx £73k. Does that mean he is a creditor and is owed that much?

#4574 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:37 AM

View Postingo bingo, on 25 July 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Cheers

Just to point out, the first Liquidators statement of affairs (which you have referred to) was reported here contemporaneously back in March; worth a catch up to see comments at the time http://www.thecfss.c...dpost&p=1285832

We eagerly await the Liquidator's report due by 1 September.

#4575 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

View PostLooker-on, on 02 March 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

"Due to the services rendered to Chesterfield FC, no rent was paid for the use of the Premises."

Has the idea that the club paid rent on the village ever been refuted by a club official at an AGM?

Services rendered to CFC? Wages of the lad from Gateshead?

#4576 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostThe Black Triangle, on 28 July 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

Services rendered to CFC? Wages of the lad from Gateshead?

It's long been claimed by Carson and Co that any money owed by CFCFDS to CFC for subsidies, both direct and indirect, has been balanced out by use of CFCFDS facilities by CFC.

Town players supposedly staying at the 'Village', supposed coaching done by CFCFDS staff, and supposed use of the Gosforth Field training pitches for example.

However we're told there was very little accounting involved in these supposed 'quid pro quo' arrangements so we only have the word of Sutcliffe, Turner and Carson to reassure us.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Chris Turner submitted invoices as a Director of CFCFDS, only for the same Chris Turner to presumably approve payment as CEO of CFC...

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 28 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

#4577 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 28 July 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

It's long been claimed by Carson and Co that any money owed by CFCFDS to CFC for subsidies, both direct and indirect, has been balanced out by use of CFCFDS facilities by CFC.

Town players supposedly staying at the 'Village', supposed coaching done by CFCFDS staff, and supposed use of the Gosforth Field training pitches for example.

However we're told there was very little accounting involved in these supposed 'quid pro quo' arrangements so we only have the word of Sutcliffe, Turner and Carson to reassure us.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Chris Turner submitted invoices as a Director of CFCFDS, only for the same Chris Turner to presumably approve payment as CEO of CFC...

Is that legal? A director of one company invoicing another company where he is the CEO?

#4578 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 28 July 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

By Ashley's admission, CFC definitely owe the DS the wages of 2 young pro footballers for a year. The DS paid those wages in preference to paying parents back, so who CFC owe is debatable. Rumour has it that the DS also paid for other CFC employees as well. I wonder who authorised these arrangements?

The bill could run into millions.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#4579 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

View Postdim view, on 28 July 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

By Ashley's admission, CFC definitely owe the DS the wages of 2 young pro footballers for a year. The DS paid those wages in preference to paying parents back, so who CFC owe is debatable. Rumour has it that the DS also paid for other CFC employees as well. I wonder who authorised these arrangements?

And all the time a certain owner sits away from the "mess" seemingly unaware, or not interested, into how his football club was being "run"!
What a load of ollucks it all is, isn't it?
East stand second class citizen.

#4580 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

View Postdim view, on 28 July 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Have all parents been reimbursed yet?

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users