Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#3401 User is offline   The Rev. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Writer; Football: Boxing: Supporting the Spireites.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:27 PM

View Postdim view, on 07 February 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

There would have to be another judgement taken......on what outcomes are possible.
From what I'm reading a simple apology might well work.
I suspect what scares them is that any apology might cost them a lot of money but I don't think that is likely from a legal point of view.

Yes, I suppose an apology - with or without any restitution - wouldn't necessarily amount to an admission of culpability, which is what they would want to avoid like the plague! However, it does want `putting to rest' and it seems to me that your suggestion of invitations to a `small private enquiry' might well be the best way forward - but only if AC can get it sanctioned. It seems the sensible thing to do, and avoid bringing the whole house of cards down around their ears!

#3402 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

From Facebook:

Ashley Carson
1 hr
Chesterfield Development Centre.
I just want to say that I am not going to answer any further questions relating to this company.
I have made my thought public, I have made decisions and spoken to FBT. They have taken the clubs views seriously and have acted in the appropriate manor.
The club has not been financially impacted at all, as supported by our independent auditor.
I think this ugly chapter is now closed as from as the football club is concerned.

#3403 User is offline   Somerset Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 07 February 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

From Facebook:

Ashley Carson
1 hr
I just want to say that I am not going to answer any further questions relating to this company.
I have made my thought public, I have made decisions and spoken to FBT. They have taken the clubs views seriously and have acted in the appropriate manor.
The club has not been financially impacted at all, as supported by our independent auditor.
I think this ugly chapter is now closed as from as the football club is concerned.

Oh dear.

As usual, the attitude and the spelling both stink.
Riding the blue & white roller-coaster since 1989

#3404 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

From Facebook:

Ashley Carson
1 hr

One can only ask why so keen to say no more, what of the transparency you keep speaking of?

Your unwillingness to acknowledge further questions will only raise suspicions, and if there's anything to be found out, I'd be fairly certain it will come to light through digging of supporters.

Liam Sutcliffe dug his heels in when advised to open up and engage, look how that played out.

Ashley, please have a rethink for the benefit of yourself, the club and the fans.

This post has been edited by Mrhappy: 07 February 2017 - 10:34 PM

#3405 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:40 PM

From Facebook:

Ashley Carson
1 hr

Red rags and bulls spring to mind

#3406 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:49 PM

From Facebook:

Ashley Carson
1 hr

Not while CT is still here it can't.
See the pattern..the DC, which CT was a major player in, has serious issues that have caused a huge amount of people a great deal of stress and problems whilst he was still actively involved. He then cuts ties with it, so it's no longer anything to do with him and his hands are washed. Then his role as CEO, major problems with debt increase, major issues on his watch, so hey let's move him sideways to D of F, hey presto and once again his hands are washed. I'm just sick to the back teeth of it and lasts nights no show was the icing on the cake.
East stand second class citizen.

#3407 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

When I said I'd only consider renewing next season if CT was out of the picture.......this wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

#3408 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:59 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 07 February 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

Not while CT is still here it can't.
See the pattern..the DC, which CT was a major player in, has serious issues that have caused a huge amount of people a great deal of stress and problems whilst he was still actively involved. He then cuts ties with it, so it's no longer anything to do with him and his hands are washed. Then his role as CEO, major problems with debt increase, major issues on his watch, so hey let's move him sideways to D of F, hey presto and once again his hands are washed. I'm just sick to the back teeth of it and lasts nights no show was the icing on the cake.

Chris was out of his depth as a CEO, he'll admit it privately.

Understanding why he was selected for the job and why he enjoyed the continued support of DA & AC is the key. The same could be said about Bingo, Fitzgerald, Alnassar, Sutcliffe, etc.

CT's part of the problem, but not THE problem, in my opinion.

#3409 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:11 PM

View PostSomerset Spireite, on 07 February 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

Oh dear.

As usual, the attitude and the spelling both stink.

Can't Carson use spellcheck ffs! I'm no grammar Nazi, but it really is embarrassing to suffer his semi-literate nonsense.

As for the rest of his 'statement', I personally hope that parents who feel like they have been defrauded pay a visit to their local police station.

It also sticks in the craw that CFC have secured repayment of monies owed to them, whilst parents and local businesses seem to have been screwed. I was banned from this board last year for calling those involved with running of the DC spivs. How times change.

#3410 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 07 February 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

Can't Carson use spellcheck ffs! I'm no grammar Nazi, but it really is embarrassing to suffer his semi-literate nonsense.

As for the rest of his 'statement', I personally hope that parents who feel like they have been defrauded pay a visit to their local police station.

It also sticks in the craw that CFC have secured repayment of monies owed to them, whilst parents and local businesses seem to have been screwed. I was banned from this board last year for calling those involved with running of the DC spivs. How times change.

"Spivs" was probably a far too restrained description.

#3411 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:30 AM

View PostFor your eyes only, on 07 February 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

Regarding the recent departure of Liam Sutcliffe and surrounding issues.

Us, the ex employees of the DC, saw that car crash of a man take parents money, (my personal money included), for tours that it's been proved were never even booked.
Money 'redistributed' in and around the DC.
Then could not pay it back, until he absolutely had to, due to one parent going to the national press.
We saw him taking young scholars parents money, then not pay them back too. Some of them are owed money from as far back as 2014.
Not a couple of hundred quid either, I'm talking a thousand pounds each, more in some cases.

We saw employees relationships, livelihoods and reputations get slandered and put at stake.
The lies that followed us all opening up about what happened were truly astounding.
I personally was sold out by someone who did not use the data protection act as any kind of law, and my details from this forum were passed onto CFC management without my consent or a court order. I won't be pursuing legal action on that bit, although I could as I have a case. I've checked.
But an apology would be nice considering I did nothing wrong.

My ex colleagues, that left their jobs in early 2016 went 3-4 months without being paid. Who else can say they'd tolerate that from an employer?
We all had a job that we loved doing. But we had to leave. We couldn't stand it anymore. You have no idea what it was like to work for him. How difficult it was.
Those coaches, decent hard working and loyal guys did everything they could before it went too far. Yes, they left and set up their own academy. But who wouldn't? Knowing you could do it better, not rip people off, make it about what it truly means to young guys who just want to play football?
The parents of the DC wanted the coaches to do it. They asked for it. They saw along with everyone else what a shambles the DC was and demand required a new approach.
That's exactly what they got.

We saw scholars treated like cattle carrying money, not young lads trying to carve a career doing what they loved.
It was truly dreadful. Non paying trialists and visitors got royal treatment over paying scholars. So wrong.
The coaches, were slagged off publicly by Chris Turner, called disloyal and all kinds of slander.
He had been grossly misinformed.
But, he was warned of this coming in December 2015, and I know that because I was the one who warned him. I still have the original email and his reply to follow up.
All Liam did was make up a lot of lies about me to tarnish my opinion and reputation, and did the same to the others too. Including the one who took my job after i left, despite the fact she left due to not being paid well or on time, he made up a lie regarding her being sacked for requesting to see scholars genitals.
And I have proof of that too!

I know there are still lots of issues to be dissected and discussed.
I know that lots of lies have been told. By management of all levels.
But on behalf of myself and my ex colleagues, thank you Mr Carson for making sure that excuse of a man is no longer part of Chesterfield FC. Your club is immediately better off without him.
I, along with the other ex employees are hoping this can be finally put to bed.

Now do me, my ex colleagues, and the loyal fans of Chesterfield FC a massive favour please?
Don't fall for any more questionable people.
The fans deserve better. The players deserve better. This club is bigger than all of you in charge. And the reason for that is directly because of its fans.
They matter.
The management in charge need to stop pretending they don't.

Hang on.
Fully support what you say, about the shambles across the road. But there is a paragraph in there I'm not happy about. You said someone passed details from here on to the club.
not passing details on is something we have been very strong on.
Whenever we have been asked, normally regarding a post someone considered slanderous. we had a response regarding the law to the forums. Which says. if someone objected to something that was posted either 1) we would remove it, 2) ask the original poster to agree to remove it or if you don't agree to that then the 3) guidelines states we can pass your details on so the complainant can contact you directly. Nothing ever got to that 3rd state on this board.
The only people that could have seen your email address are me DalekPete (previously) or Webster. I have very firmly followed the data protection act. Rich and Pete would be of a similar mind and Pete helped us draw up the response to any legal threats.
If you don't use your name or an email address with your name it's almost impossible for us to know who are from that alone. I don't know who you are are, I could check your email address, but that means logging in via a PC and that's a pain in the arse to do. I certainly would pass that info on.
Saying that, because people reveal a lot on here. It's not normally hard to work out who is who. For instance, you have said on many occasions that you were part of the staff. So that narrows its down to a handful of people. If other staff know who you are then someone could let something slip.
So who are you saying broke the law?

#3412 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:09 AM

View PostDenny, on 08 February 2017 - 12:30 AM, said:

Hang on.
Fully support what you say, about the shambles across the road. But there is a paragraph in there I'm not happy about. You said someone passed details from here on to the club.
not passing details on is something we have been very strong on.
Whenever we have been asked, normally regarding a post someone considered slanderous. we had a response regarding the law to the forums. Which says. if someone objected to something that was posted either 1) we would remove it, 2) ask the original poster to agree to remove it or if you don't agree to that then the 3) guidelines states we can pass your details on so the complainant can contact you directly. Nothing ever got to that 3rd state on this board.
The only people that could have seen your email address are me DalekPete (previously) or Webster. I have very firmly followed the data protection act. Rich and Pete would be of a similar mind and Pete helped us draw up the response to any legal threats.
If you don't use your name or an email address with your name it's almost impossible for us to know who are from that alone. I don't know who you are are, I could check your email address, but that means logging in via a PC and that's a pain in the bottom to do. I certainly would pass that info on.
Saying that, because people reveal a lot on here. It's not normally hard to work out who is who. For instance, you have said on many occasions that you were part of the staff. So that narrows its down to a handful of people. If other staff know who you are then someone could let something slip.
So who are you saying broke the law?

I've sent you a Pm.

#3413 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 07 February 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

On 25/01/17, in a meeting involving Moondog, DimView, ITSC & I, Ashley Carson was made aware of 11 allegations made by the former employees of the development centre. He knows that this is not just about Liam Sutcliffe, Chris Turner and their businesses and as far as I am concerned, AC's statement on Facebook is laughable given his position as an executive officer of CFC 2001 Ltd.

#3414 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:53 PM

Link for ease of reference: http://www.thecfss.c...showtopic=59476
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#3415 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

From Facebook:

Ashley Carson
1 hr

Groan. Now, I know Howard quite well and I would have him as my Auditor, but to describe Shorts as 'independent' does him no favours. Shorts manage the accounts and then audit their own work, and this apparently is normal business practice but it aint independent.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#3416 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

View Postdim view, on 09 February 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Groan. Now, I know Howard quite well and I would have him as my Auditor, but to describe Shorts as 'independent' does him no favours. Shorts manage the accounts and then audit their own work, and this apparently is normal business practice but it aint independent.

I believe some parents this afternoon are compiling a list of what they are owed. The amounts that I have seen so far total a figure approaching £5K.

One family are due £1,500, another £1,300.

#3417 User is offline   Humpalumpa 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

From Facebook:

Ashley Carson
1 hr

Attached File  untitled.png (55.21K)
Number of downloads: 35
The pride of Derbyshire

#3418 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

Something's just prodded my memory - am I right to say Turner once described the DS as a 'not for profit organisation'?

And if so, doesn't that mean there never were any shares to be exchanged?

And if so, doesn't that render all Carson's talk of a fifty percent takeover by 'FBT' pretty meaningless (to use a charitable term)?

Hopefully those qualified to answer such questions - and there're quite a few on here - can clarify this.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#3419 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:26 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 09 February 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Something's just prodded my memory - am I right to say Turner once described the DS as a 'not for profit organisation'?

And if so, doesn't that mean there never were any shares to be exchanged?

And if so, doesn't that render all Carson's talk of a fifty percent takeover by 'FBT' pretty meaningless (to use a charitable term)?

Hopefully those qualified to answer such questions - and there're quite a few on here - can clarify this.

That's correct Chris.

The DC was set up as a "not for profit" organisation.

Therefore there never a share holding to sell.

Attached File(s)

#3420 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 09 February 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

I believe some parents this afternoon are compiling a list of what they are owed. The amounts that I have seen so far total a figure approaching £5K.

One family are due £1,500, another £1,300.

I wonder if any of CFC's trading partners are owed money? That could be slightly embarrassing for Ashley.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users