Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Little, McDermott or Perkins - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Little, McDermott or Perkins If you had to pick one to sign

#1 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:05 AM

Realistically, as much as we might hope otherwise, the current loan players are all unlikely to be signed by Chesterfield due to either money, refusal from their parent clubs or the players' desire to play at a higher level.

So, of the 3 currently loanees, if we had a genie come down and grant us a wish to keep one (and only one) of them permanatly, who would you choose and why, in the knowledge that the other 2 would be off?

#2 User is offline   J Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:28 AM

McDermott but when Perkins and Little go we need to look at other options at other clubs with the same taste of football

#3 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

View PostAndySpireite, on Oct 25 2009, 08:08 AM, said:

Realistically, as much as we might hope otherwise, the current loan players are all unlikely to be signed by Chesterfield due to either money, refusal from their parent clubs or the players' desire to play at a higher level.

So, of the 3 currently loanees, if we had a genie come down and grant us a wish to keep one (and only one) of them permanatly, who would you choose and why, in the knowledge that the other 2 would be off?

Our weakest cover in the areas where these 3 play would be RB for me - has to be Little, very raw and bags of potential.
God I hate this league.

#4 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:59 AM

I am almost sure we will sign Perkins, he has already said he likes the manager and would sign for us as long as his loan spell works out which it seems to be.
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#5 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:05 AM

McDermott for me. Yesterday capped it off, he is mesmerising on the ball and gets crowd reactions.

#6 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:22 AM

View PostHaslandboi, on Oct 25 2009, 09:08 AM, said:

McDermott for me. Yesterday capped it off, he is mesmerising on the ball and gets crowd reactions.

in order ,mcdermott because he is class and is potentially the biggest and best investment,followed by perkins who looks a little pocket dynamo and then little who has scope in abundance...all 3 though are quality players who i would be proud to see wearing the blue and white
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#7 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

View Postbonnyman, on Oct 25 2009, 09:25 AM, said:

in order ,mcdermott because he is class and is potentially the biggest and best investment,followed by perkins who looks a little pocket dynamo and then little who has scope in abundance...all 3 though are quality players who i would be proud to see wearing the blue and white

ME TOO WROTE TO SHEZ ABOUT THIS POST NO REPLY THOUGH

#8 User is offline   spyright 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

I'd go for McDermott as well. This lad has great potential and has delivered both goals and assists. His form is a bit erratic at times but he's still young and learning; more important though, he's one of those exciting players that fans like to watch because he's got pace and a few tricks in his kit-bag, so he might well put a few 'bums on seats'. Not only could he do a good job for us this season, but he's clearly destined for higher things so he'd cope with Lge 1 if we do go up this time. His value is very likely to increase so he would be a good investment for the future.
If nothing acts faster than anadin, why do we buy anadin?

#9 User is offline   Sin 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

I think Little and Perkins are both cracking players but I'd take Donaldo everytime - for all the reasons Syright gives above

#10 User is offline   Pride of the North 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:28 PM

i would pick mcdermott becuase he has not really had a bad game with us since torquay but as much as i like little and perkins i would sign mcdermott if we could.
JOHN SHERIDAN'S BARMY ARMY

#11 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

View Postjacktrueblue, on Oct 26 2009, 04:31 PM, said:

i would pick mcdermott becuase he has not really had a bad game with us since torquay but as much as i like little and perkins i would sign mcdermott if we could.

Mcdermott for me too and now his loan is coming to an end i would think he wishes he could stop longer as he seems to be enjoying himself,it has got to be better than being in the shadows of the first team at Manchester City.

I thought Perkins had a very good game on saturday too,he is just the type of player we have been lacking.

As for Little i was not impressed with him on saturday.....

#12 User is offline   Pride of the North 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:39 PM

little was no-where good enough as against bournemouth when he got forward, crosses coming in and taking defenders on, he was lacking in that on saturday but everyone else i thought had a good game. :rolleyes:
JOHN SHERIDAN'S BARMY ARMY

#13 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:47 PM

Definetly Mcdermott, he`d get us 2 successive promotions if we kept him and uncle Barrie would get at least 5 million from his sale with a 25% sell-on clause.
President HubbardPosted Image

#14 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

View PostIf Carlsberg Made Chairmen, on Oct 26 2009, 03:50 PM, said:

Definetly Mcdermott, he`d get us 2 successive promotions if we kept him and uncle Barrie would get at least 5 million from his sale with a 25% sell-on clause.

Typical - what would the club get. :rolleyes:
God I hate this league.

#15 User is offline   Spireite Boy. 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

I can't choose. :rolleyes:
Come on Town!

#16 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on Oct 26 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

Typical - what would the club get. :rolleyes:

Probably around £3 million to reinvest in the 1st team squad and the rest to go on extending the capacity as we prepare for a Premiership challenge :lol:
President HubbardPosted Image

#17 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

View PostIf Carlsberg Made Chairmen, on Oct 26 2009, 03:50 PM, said:

Jeepers ICMC, you been smoking with Barabas??

#18 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

View PostIf Carlsberg Made Chairmen, on Oct 26 2009, 04:50 PM, said:

When you put it like that we'd be daft not to snap City's hands off for the 200K asking price?? :rolleyes:
#notapennymore

#19 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

£200k is a bit steep for someone with so little league experience, but £200k is tuppence to Man city they probably don't realise how big that amount it to a club like ourselves - they do know that Donal is a better class than this level though and could do well one or perhaps two levels above us, my comparison would be Jamie Ward, both players have looked very good at this level and Jamie has impressed at Sheff U while he's been there, with a little initial adjustment he's proved he can play very well two levels higher. Given what we paid for Jamie with the experience he had before he came to us, and how he's done since we signed him perhaps £200k isn't a large sum to pay for Donal. I'd gladly pay £100k for Donal, £150k at a push knowing his potential, but i doubt we have the money to spend anyway, and we haven't seen Terrel yet, plus we also have Talbot and Small who can play on the wing, even after losing Lowry.

#20 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:05 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Oct 26 2009, 10:03 PM, said:

£200k is a bit steep for someone with so little league experience, but £200k is tuppence to Man city they probably don't realise how big that amount it to a club like ourselves - they do know that Donal is a better class than this level though and could do well one or perhaps two levels above us, my comparison would be Jamie Ward, both players have looked very good at this level and Jamie has impressed at Sheff U while he's been there, with a little initial adjustment he's proved he can play very well two levels higher. Given what we paid for Jamie with the experience he had before he came to us, and how he's done since we signed him perhaps £200k isn't a large sum to pay for Donal. I'd gladly pay £100k for Donal, £150k at a push knowing his potential, but i doubt we have the money to spend anyway, and we haven't seen Terrel yet, plus we also have Talbot and Small who can play on the wing, even after losing Lowry.

You have to ask where has this £200k come from,why do ppl think they know it down to the small print lol....

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users