Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: York Away Tickets - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

York Away Tickets

#301 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 March 2024 - 09:22 PM

They were still trying to shift 500 tickets in the other home stands at lunchtime!

#302 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 12:31 AM

View Postspireitedave, on 27 March 2024 - 10:39 AM, said:

Got mine and they show West Stand, then Block no,Row Letter and seat number.

Pointless if, like at Oldham, the stewards/police let people sit anywhere. (And allow them to block gangways and stairwells and bring flares in the ground!)

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 26 March 2024 - 07:32 PM, said:

Can see quite a lot of Town fans in the York stands...

Yep, I've bought 6 and I know of another 4 in corporate.😇

#303 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 07:50 AM

View Postjohnd51, on 28 March 2024 - 12:31 AM, said:

Pointless if, like at Oldham, the stewards/police let people sit anywhere. (And allow them to block gangways and stairwells and bring flares in the ground!)

Away stands should always be unreserved, let the young uns, and singers all get together, nothing worse than a your in my seat moaner..

Let them make a proper atmosphere by all getting together
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#304 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:01 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 28 March 2024 - 07:50 AM, said:

Away stands should always be unreserved, let the young uns, and singers all get together, nothing worse than a your in my seat moaner..

What about the elderly who like to sit in the front row and the ungrateful who stand up in front of them on the gangway and block their view like they did at Oldham or families for whatever reason get into the ground before a group populates an area and then the family cant find their seats together. These people have a damn good right to moan. IMO when an all seater area is sold out its courteous to sit in the seat you have been allocated.
Have passport will travel

#305 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:18 AM

Unreserved with some of the bigger followings we take will just be bedlam. Unless all the "non moaners" turn up together nice and early to get their first choice of seats it will just end with them trying to all sit together where there isnt enough room anyway. Seen some younger town fans whinging about large followings at times this season at will mean "moaners" and folk who want to sit where there ticket says to a fair bit this season....seems a bit entitled to me. Why not just enjoy the fact we support a club that has the potential to take big followings to places....better than being part of some of the away followings we've seen turn up at the SMH this season.

#306 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 28 March 2024 - 09:00 AM

Disagree, if they want to sit together and make noise that's fine, order tickets together then. If someone has had the forethought to get a ticket that either meets their mobility or visual needs, why should the mob rule and spoil the game for others - it happens.

Watford was a nightmare.

#307 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 09:04 AM

View PostBenno Spire, on 28 March 2024 - 08:01 AM, said:

What about the elderly who like to sit in the front row and the ungrateful who stand up in front of them on the gangway and block their view like they did at Oldham or families for whatever reason get into the ground before a group populates an area and then the family cant find their seats together. These people have a damn good right to moan. IMO when an all seater area is sold out its courteous to sit in the seat you have been allocated.

What if them elderley get a ticket up the back as some did at Watford and were properly struggling on the steps, unreserved seating creates more space, as the singers/younger uns, all congregate at the back or to 1 side, and stand 2 and 3 to a seat, there's plenty of room left available for those that want to sit at the front, or families to get together.. only when it's reserved seating and the young uns still get together do problems occur...

#308 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 09:07 AM

View PostRN Blue, on 28 March 2024 - 09:00 AM, said:

Disagree, if they want to sit together and make noise that's fine, order tickets together then. If someone has had the forethought to get a ticket that either meets their mobility or visual needs, why should the mob rule and spoil the game for others - it happens.

Absolutely ridiculous comment, how are all those that want to sing suppose to order tickets together.??

Mob rule.. 🤣🤣 its a football crowd, it is a mob in all essence.

#309 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 09:46 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 28 March 2024 - 09:04 AM, said:

What if them elderley get a ticket up the back as some did at Watford and were properly struggling on the steps, unreserved seating creates more space, as the singers/younger uns, all congregate at the back or to 1 side, and stand 2 and 3 to a seat, there's plenty of room left available for those that want to sit at the front, or families to get together.. only when it's reserved seating and the young uns still get together do problems occur...

Thats a safety issue in itself and just causing problems for other folk including stewards. It also potentially ends up with the club getting into trouble\reduced allocations at other grounds.

#310 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 10:13 AM

View PostJonB, on 28 March 2024 - 09:46 AM, said:

Thats a safety issue in itself and just causing problems for other folk including stewards. It also potentially ends up with the club getting into trouble\reduced allocations at other grounds.

And happens at every ground, Inc our kop, stop talking rubbish

#311 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 10:15 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 28 March 2024 - 10:13 AM, said:

And happens at every ground, Inc our kop, stop talking rubbish

Just cos it happens doesnt mean its safe and should.....

#312 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 10:28 AM

View PostJonB, on 28 March 2024 - 10:15 AM, said:

Just cos it happens doesnt mean its safe and should.....

They should ban football supporters so much safer with out them in that case, honestly, it's no wonder folk laff at this board.

#313 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 28 March 2024 - 10:32 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 28 March 2024 - 09:07 AM, said:

Absolutely ridiculous comment, how are all those that want to sing suppose to order tickets together.??

Mob rule.. 🤣🤣 its a football crowd, it is a mob in all essence.

Do you go on your own or with mates? If with mates do you get seats together or are you happy to turf out those that have picked their seats or sit separately?

I'm guessing if you're a season ticket holder you'd be happy if you pitched up and someone was in your seat then?

Mob rule is correct, I had to stand in the aisle at Watford like many others because some ingrates decided to sit where the chuff they wanted, when we scored it was like the old Saltergate kop surges, some poor old fella was knocked off his feet, bet he was thrilled not to be in his allocated seat.

If unallocated seating then you take your chance, if not sit where you should.

#314 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 10:39 AM

View PostRN Blue, on 28 March 2024 - 10:32 AM, said:

Do you go on your own or with mates? If with mates do you get seats together or are you happy to turf out those that have picked their seats or sit separately?

I'm guessing if you're a season ticket holder you'd be happy if you pitched up and someone was in your seat then?

Mob rule is correct, I had to stand in the aisle at Watford like many others because some ingrates decided to sit where the chuff they wanted, when we scored it was like the old Saltergate kop surges, some poor old fella was knocked off his feet, bet he was thrilled not to be in his allocated seat.

If unallocated seating then you take your chance, if not sit where you should.

And that's the point I'm making, if it's unallocated seating these problems don't arise, there was no such problems at Oldham, them that want to be up back were, and vice versa, the only time problems occur is when it's allocated seating, meaning older folk struggling with steps when they would rather be down lower..

Unallocated seating is better and safer for all.

#315 User is offline   SpireiteStan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 10:59 AM

View PostRN Blue, on 28 March 2024 - 09:00 AM, said:

Watford was a nightmare.

Hahaha so say if we want about 500 people in the same area starting chants at York, you think all these people (who probably don't know each other that well) should be arranging to buy tickets together? Hilarious

#316 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 11:07 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 28 March 2024 - 10:39 AM, said:

And that's the point I'm making, if it's unallocated seating these problems don't arise, there was no such problems at Oldham, them that want to be up back were, and vice versa, the only time problems occur is when it's allocated seating, meaning older folk struggling with steps when they would rather be down lower..

Whether its unallocated or allocated there is no way that a load of folk cramming in so there are 2 or 3 per seat is safer for all. I appreciate the fact you are trying to create an atmosphere but its going to cause issues somewhere along the line but as mentioned above its going to spill over into other fans causing them issues. The areas are designed with access\exit flow for the specified number of people and will be an issue if there are more.

I'm not some old bloke, older but not old, and i'm perfectly fine with standing for a full game etc and i've no issue with that but i'd get fed up with some folk old or young piling into areas they should be, overcrowding places and ruining my day at the football just so they can all be together.

#317 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 11:12 AM

View PostJonB, on 28 March 2024 - 11:07 AM, said:

Whether its unallocated or allocated there is no way that a load of folk cramming in so there are 2 or 3 per seat is safer for all. I appreciate the fact you are trying to create an atmosphere but its going to cause issues somewhere along the line but as mentioned above its going to spill over into other fans causing them issues. The areas are designed with access\exit flow for the specified number of people and will be an issue if there are more.

I'm not some old bloke, older but not old, and i'm perfectly fine with standing for a full game etc and i've no issue with that but i'd get fed up with some folk old or young piling into areas they should be, overcrowding places and ruining my day at the football just so they can all be together.

Already said, happens at every ground, that's football, if ya not comfortable with the young uns behind ya... move to an area away from them..

#318 User is offline   rodney 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 11:31 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 28 March 2024 - 10:39 AM, said:

The main problem is stewards giving mixed messages about sit where you want and some saying sit in your seats. . Unallocated is the better option.

York last year was sit in your seats which did cause a few issues for families.

#319 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 12:19 PM

Just sit in your designated seat - how hard is that?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#320 User is offline   prolurker 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 12:27 PM

Non starter, every away end in the country gets people congregated together at the back of whatever stand you're in.

Always plenty of seats in the wide areas to sit down if you have to or to get an area not too rammed to be comfortable.

Not really sure what's precious about a code on a ticket you didn't even choose anyway - better atmosphere is massive to benefit the players being cheered on.

Share this topic:

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users