Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Centre Back Looking For Somewhere To Train - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Centre Back Looking For Somewhere To Train

#1 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

This is a message to anyone out there who might be involved with a sunday league side. I'm looking to get back on the scene after a couple of years away and wondered if there were any teams out there who are short on numbers and might need players. With it been close season I'm just looking for somewhere to train to start with then if you should deem me good enough to have a go then I'd like to start playing if possible.

I'm 22, play at centre back and am just shy of 6'4. I've played a few seasons at Dronfield town up to u-18 level and then had a couple of seasons with the Dronfield Miners after that. Suffered an ankle injury which is why I havnt played in a while but I've been given the all clear and have been fit for a while now. As I say I'm just looking for somewhere to train for the time been and then see what happens in due course. Many thanks if you can help out.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#2 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

More than welcome to come and join us at AFC Grouse if you want. We dont do a lot of training as such although some of the lads play on a Monday night at St Marys as well and we will be having some pre season games ahead of another assault on mid table mediocrity. ;)

As the name suggests we play out of the Grouse on Brampton playing our home games on Highfield Park the last couple of seasons. We dont take it to seriously with the aim to enjoy it but we could do with a few new faces to freshen things up.

#3 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostJonB, on 07 June 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

More than welcome to come and join us at AFC Grouse if you want. We dont do a lot of training as such although some of the lads play on a Monday night at St Marys as well and we will be having some pre season games ahead of another assault on mid table mediocrity. ;)

As the name suggests we play out of the Grouse on Brampton playing our home games on Highfield Park the last couple of seasons. We dont take it to seriously with the aim to enjoy it but we could do with a few new faces to freshen things up.

Thanks JonB I'd be happy to come along and give it a go. Just drop a message in the thread when your training and il come along

#4 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

SpireiteFitzy - not sure if you've seen it but i sent you a message about some friendlies we have coming up if you're still interested.

#5 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

Is this Grouse in Div 8? Maybe playing against you this season then!

#6 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostHU5 spire, on 16 August 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Is this Grouse in Div 8? Maybe playing against you this season then!

Certainly is. Who you playing with?

#7 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Clay Cross Miners & Diners. A mate persuaded a few of us to come down and play. Apparently they havnt been too good last couple of years so hopefully that will change! Started well on Sunday.

#8 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostHU5 spire, on 16 August 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Clay Cross Miners & Diners. A mate persuaded a few of us to come down and play. Apparently they havnt been too good last couple of years so hopefully that will change! Started well on Sunday.

We scored 21 goals in two league games against Miners and Diners last season. I hope you are a defender!? ;)

#9 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostHU5 spire, on 16 August 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

As Hilly says they didnt have a great first season and were a bit better last year. They got put to high first season and took some right tankings!! Think they shipped 16 or 17 first game they played!!

#10 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

View Posthilly81, on 16 August 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

We scored 21 goals in two league games against Miners and Diners last season. I hope you are a defender!? ;)

Left back ;) Haha i've heard about Moonrakers absolutely tearing a new one into everyone in that league last year.

#11 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostHU5 spire, on 16 August 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Left back ;) Haha i've heard about Moonrakers absolutely tearing a new one into everyone in that league last year.

They had a good year last year where things seemed to click for them like sometimes happens. Not sure what happened as the year before they managed to lose 5-1 at home to us and we arent very good!! ;) I remember it well as our Manager was away and i got lumbered with running things...i was given a side to play but when folk arrived the team i had didnt bear any resemblance to the players that were in the dressing room so i had to pick my own side!! That said we did score about 3 from long throws!!

#12 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostHU5 spire, on 16 August 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Yeah we did very well. We had a very good side to be fair. Goals from everywhere and solid at the back. Very sad that they have had to fold this season as they would have done some damage in 6.

#13 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostJonB, on 16 August 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

They had a good year last year where things seemed to click for them like sometimes happens. Not sure what happened as the year before they managed to lose 5-1 at home to us and we arent very good!! ;) I remember it well as our Manager was away and i got lumbered with running things...i was given a side to play but when folk arrived the team i had didnt bear any resemblance to the players that were in the dressing room so i had to pick my own side!! That said we did score about 3 from long throws!!

Remember it well jon! To be fair i think you scored a couple of worldys too! We just had 3 or 4 new faces last summer which added to a decent base and like you say we just clicked!

#14 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

View Posthilly81, on 16 August 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

Yeah we did very well. We had a very good side to be fair. Goals from everywhere and solid at the back. Very sad that they have had to fold this season as they would have done some damage in 6.

Aye yeah I know Paul one of your players and he said they were a good side. Think we have 6 or 7 new players and have a half decent side hopefully, dont fancy getting hammered every week anyway!

#15 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

View Posthilly81, on 16 August 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

How come they've had to pack up? You moving away to much for the rest of them to take? ;)

We might have to have a word with the council to see if we can have your pitch on Highfield Park if its going spare now....they managed to tell us we couldnt have our pitch this season and said all they could give us was the one at Mastin Moor!! Thankfully after some asking around we've managed to acquire the one at the back of the Badger at Brockwell as i think had we had to play at Mastin Moor we would have also packed up.

#16 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostJonB, on 16 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

How come they've had to pack up? You moving away to much for the rest of them to take? ;)

We might have to have a word with the council to see if we can have your pitch on Highfield Park if its going spare now....they managed to tell us we couldnt have our pitch this season and said all they could give us was the one at Mastin Moor!! Thankfully after some asking around we've managed to acquire the one at the back of the Badger at Brockwell as i think had we had to play at Mastin Moor we would have also packed up.

Ha ha! I was the glue that was holding them together!

Its a long story really and a bit of a shambles but it started when the deadline was missed to renew on our pitch so we lost it (I understand another side has it now). Then we found a pitch (railway club) which meant moving pubs which annoyed our old pub plus some of the lads, it started to drag on with not much happening and lads not commiting as some circumstances had changed (work, kids etc) so long story short they decided to call it a day.

Like i say, a real shame as we were a good group and a good side but these things happen i suppose, like Mill folding during the season just gone. It was very frustrating seeing it all unfold from over here and not being able to help.

#17 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Posthilly81, on 16 August 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Ha ha! I was the glue that was holding them together!

Its a long story really and a bit of a shambles but it started when the deadline was missed to renew on our pitch so we lost it (I understand another side has it now). Then we found a pitch (railway club) which meant moving pubs which annoyed our old pub plus some of the lads, it started to drag on with not much happening and lads not commiting as some circumstances had changed (work, kids etc) so long story short they decided to call it a day.

Like i say, a real shame as we were a good group and a good side but these things happen i suppose, like Mill folding during the season just gone. It was very frustrating seeing it all unfold from over here and not being able to help.

Very similar to us with the pitch...think we were a few hours late and they handed ours to someone else, offered us Mastin Moor, we asked about and got offered Grassmoor Park by someone which then turned out to be outside of his area so he shouldnt have done and we eventually managed to get Badger pitch!!

Unfortunately as you know it doesnt take a lot for teams to go belly up quickly if a few folk arent happy as appears with your lot. Least they went out with a couple of trophies.

#18 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostJonB, on 16 August 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Very similar to us with the pitch...think we were a few hours late and they handed ours to someone else, offered us Mastin Moor, we asked about and got offered Grassmoor Park by someone which then turned out to be outside of his area so he shouldnt have done and we eventually managed to get Badger pitch!!

Unfortunately as you know it doesnt take a lot for teams to go belly up quickly if a few folk arent happy as appears with your lot. Least they went out with a couple of trophies.

Absolutely. Last season was great and finishing with a win in the cup final was brilliant. Was a top day.

#19 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

Resurrecting this thread after some time. Same premise, anyone know teams looking for a centre back, preferably in the lower leagues of the Chesterfield divisions.

#20 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 21 July 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

Resurrecting this thread after some time. Same premise, anyone know teams looking for a centre back, preferably in the lower leagues of the Chesterfield divisions.

Believe its down to 5 divisions now so not many lower leagues to go at!!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users