• You cannot reply to this topic

Tuesday Night

#341 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2024 - 11:52 AM

View Postdanblue, on 19 January 2024 - 08:38 AM, said:

Just revisiting thus one again, thinking about it, the current team beat Leyton Orient (just outside the play offs), Portsmouth (top of the league) and run Watford close ( just outside Championship play offs).
Using this info, you prob could say all of them would get in the old play off team

I'm not sure any of them do...... yet

Playing devils advocate, the 3 games mentioned were one off games rather than a sustained period of a season where that side reached the L1 playoffs even despite losing their top goalscorer half way through it

I've no doubt this squad is capable of reaching the L2 playoffs, and probably only one or two away from a promotion/title challenge

Fingers crossed its only a couple of seasons before we see if they can do it in League One

#342 User is online   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:06 AM

View PostBrookie, on 18 January 2024 - 07:28 AM, said:

If we won every game 5-0, someone on here would complain it was not 6 or more.

Conn-Clarke was their best player but at times I felt he played for himself rather than his team and a mild rollicking and some self discipline would do him some good. If he played for Town he would be a squad member, not star player.

Bump
Anybody interested in the debate about whether he is a good player should watch the latest Altrincham highlights. Ran the show.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#343 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 29 January 2024 - 05:39 AM

View Postdim view, on 29 January 2024 - 12:06 AM, said:

Bump
Anybody interested in the debate about whether he is a good player should watch the latest Altrincham highlights. Ran the show.

He's a very good player,and that's why there's teams in the league after him, although there's not much time left to put a bid in for him this window.

#344 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2024 - 06:42 AM

View Postdim view, on 29 January 2024 - 12:06 AM, said:

Bump

He’s a class above and will be playing at a way higher level than us sooner rather than later. Anybody who doesn’t think he’d get a game for us knows naff all about football.

He will end up in League One, maybe even Champ next season

#345 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 29 January 2024 - 07:54 AM

CFC91 said:

1706510522[/url]' post='1800158']
He's a class above and will be playing at a way higher level than us sooner rather than later. Anybody who doesn't think he'd get a game for us knows naff all about football.

He will end up in League One, maybe even Champ next season

Didn’t say he wouldn’t get a game for us, I just think he would be a squad player since he was of a similar level. As for whether he is capable of playing at a higher level I would site the recent examples of Tshimanga and Dallas as no guarantee that someone who shines in this league would cut it at a higher level.

Over the years there have been plenty of players who look like they could perform at a higher level but don’t and others you think won’t but do. It’s all about attitude and application.

#346 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2024 - 07:56 AM

View PostBrookie, on 29 January 2024 - 07:54 AM, said:

Didn’t say he wouldn’t get a game for us, I just think he would be a squad player since he was of a similar level. As for whether he is capable of playing at a higher level I would site the recent examples of Tshimanga and Dallas as no guarantee that someone who shines in this league would cut it at a higher level.

Over the years there have been plenty of players who look like they could perform at a higher level but don’t and others you think won’t but do. It’s all about attitude and application.

He's way above both dallas and kabby.. that's clear for most to see
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

Share this topic:

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users