Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: A Clear The Air Meeting. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Clear The Air Meeting.

#121 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:52 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

Would it be moderated by dalekpete?

Would people who attend have to agree that the club is being ran how it should?

Out of interest, who attends these fans forum things now? Does bodie still go? He's a decent lad and I refuse to believe he's as gullible as others.

Lindo - I do still attend the meetings. I don't take everything that's said in the meetings as gospel, but I enjoy chatting about my club and any sort of feedback I can give regarding certain issues, i'm very happy to do.

Agree with the point made by Nigel though that "gullible" is a very harsh word to tarnish the people that attend - The group was never put together to discuss in-depth matters like the clubs finances etc - nothing beyond the basic level anyway. More regarding the clubs services in general - Club shop, Concourses, Car Park, Social Media (Spireite Player content) etc.

In all honesty, I get bored to death when we dip into detail regarding the club's finances - It's important to me that we are trading in the black, and that has been confirmed. I can read the minutes from the AGM for stuff on this - I studied Business at Uni which covered finance modules - So it's not as though I don't understand it but nevertheless, it does bore me when I see threads on it.

I understand it's importance though, but that's not what these meetings are for. Those (numerous within this thread) seem to be very happy to post about their thoughts on this, but take up Chris' offer and go down and speak to him about it directly - As Nigel has said he is very open to do this...

The meetings are now broadcast live via a Podcast. One of the things I raised about previous meetings was the need to keep matters discussed confidential until the minutes were released - Sort of defeating the object of the club openly conversing with fans - And I really wasn't happy with this.

With the live broadcast, it's now on more of a public front, which is of benefit to the fans

This post has been edited by BodieUK: 09 February 2016 - 04:55 PM

Twitter: Bodie0402

#122 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:02 PM

View PostBodieUK, on 09 February 2016 - 04:52 PM, said:

- It's important to me that we are trading in the black, and that has been confirmed.

😂😄😵
A new hope.

#123 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:53 PM

View Postgb007, on 08 February 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

As a forum member along with Nige I fully support his post and would also willingly meet up and discuss anything/everything CFC with no prejudged agenda .
Whilst I can't match Nigel's 55 years of support I have only 'clocked up ' 45 years - at times it feels much longer !!!

Gary

Good to speak with you this morning, Gary.

#124 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

View PostBlueDay, on 09 February 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

Understand what you are saying but he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who is going to accept less than what he paid unless it can be reconciled elsewhere.

What do you think happened at SWFC?

#125 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:00 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 09 February 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

😂😄😵

Trading in the black due to player sales or because they have solved the haemorrhaging problem without these?

I know which my money is on.

#126 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:09 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 09 February 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

Must say, F2, I am struggling to understand why people think DA, in his ownership of CFC, is immune to investment losses. Ask Barry Hearns.

#127 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:15 PM

freelander2 said:

1455040597[/url]' post='1184552']

If DA took the profits from the C+B to pay his loans what sort of time scales would be involved?
A new hope.

#128 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:30 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 09 February 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

If DA took the profits from the C+B to pay his loans what sort of time scales would be involved?

Assuming profits that have been quoted of £250k pa, about 20 years. But that's without the interest due of about £150k pa due to DA. Not sure where that would be paid from.

#129 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:40 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 09 February 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

Assuming profits that have been quoted of £250k pa, about 20 years. But that's without the interest due of about £150k pa due to DA. Not sure where that would be paid from.

Player sales.

Oh, hold on a minute...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#130 User is offline   BlueDay 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 09 February 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

Nice reminder - he did do something there but wasn't that as part of the deal when Milan Mandaric took over? Remember though, there was some tie-in to him having his involvement with us. Not sure that he did anything though when he initially stepped away from SWFC, though happy to be corrected.

It would be good if somebody could find a link which might cover his involvement at SWFC - though if he did do anything and take less money than invested when selling up, then he might be less inclined to do so a second time unless he was really feeling the heat. Also, we've not yet really had the fall-out with him though something has to give eventually with the current financial impasse and our meteoric fall on the pitch in less than a year.

#131 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:33 PM

View PostBlueDay, on 09 February 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

Nice reminder - he did do something there but wasn't that as part of the deal when Milan Mandaric took over? Remember though, there was some tie-in to him having his involvement with us. Not sure that he did anything though when he initially stepped away from SWFC, though happy to be corrected.

.....one thing he did was entrust his SW shares to AC.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#132 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:41 PM

60s 70s Spireite said:

1455042659[/url]' post='1184561']

Hmmmm the equivalent of a mortgage time span, so given the figure of £250k that's about what I thought. So what is the benefit of separating the business?

Will high rents be imposed on the club for use of the stadium, as well as the rumoured rents increases to CFSS for use of the facilities? I don't see what other reasons/ benefits can be made from this split.

Indeed I just see what any benefits are to the owner full stop. Unless it's to isolate losses to the club to justify to the fan base brutal cuts to the budget.
A new hope.

#133 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:51 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 09 February 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

Hmmmm the equivalent of a mortgage time span, so given the figure of £250k that's about what I thought. So what is the benefit of separating the business?

Will high rents be imposed on the club for use of the stadium, as well as the rumoured rents increases to CFSS for use of the facilities? I don't see what other reasons/ benefits can be made from this split.

Indeed I just see what any benefits are to the owner full stop. Unless it's to isolate losses to the club to justify to the fan base brutal cuts to the budget.

I have been racking my brain, and all I can come up with is as your last sentence, or to create a football club with little assets, matching debt, and sell it off. That way he divests himself of the headache of running a football club, including the underlying annual losses, and he makes income to pay his debt from the B & C and leasing the ground back.

#134 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:57 PM

Shouldn't the B and C side be renting from the football club?

#135 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

Did anyone else hear them say "it will still be one accounts" or did I miss hear that ?

Are we reading to much into it and all they are doing is getting something like sage up and running using departments for costs rather than not ever having a split down like this before ?

#136 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:05 PM

Forget the "clearing the air" meeting if the content of the questions were along those lines, it would be like letting off a stink bomb in a Reliant Robin
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#137 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:09 PM

View Postazul, on 09 February 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

Forget the "clearing the air" meeting if the content of the questions were along those lines, it would be like letting off a stink bomb in a Reliant Robin

we need a straight answer to 1 question, that being ....'Dave, you have completed the sale our last valuable asset in line with your stated plan. How much debt will you be paying off?.'
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#138 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

View Postshaun1866, on 09 February 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

Did anyone else hear them say "it will still be one accounts" or did I miss hear that ?

Are we reading to much into it and all they are doing is getting something like sage up and running using departments for costs rather than not ever having a split down like this before ?

Wasn't there for the first bit.
But as for the last sentence one would hope they were doing this already (hence quoted figures of what the B & C is making) and why would they need to tell us about the internal machinations of their bookkeeping?

#139 User is offline   BlueDay 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:11 PM

Putting aside the age of Saltergate and all that this entailed, then one of the founding principles of people buying into the ground move was that we would have a brand new facility which could be used 7 days a week and create additional revenue streams for the running of the football club i.e. additional funding for the team over and above that which is generated on match days.

We were told for years and years that Saltergate was unsuitable as we only made any money through it on about 25 days per year. If these changes are played out in the worst case scenario then we are back to square one.

#140 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:11 PM

View Postshaun1866, on 09 February 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

If there isn't already a defined split of costs how do they know the B and C side is profitable? If the football club side are paying all the bills for heating, lighting etc etc then it's easy to make a profit. The split must be there

This post has been edited by Ernie Ernie Ernie: 09 February 2016 - 08:12 PM

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users