View PostKevoBMMD, on 25 January 2024 - 02:52 PM, said:

W7????? WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON

Stop biting….
God I hate this league.

#43 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 January 2024 - 04:19 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 24 January 2024 - 08:54 PM, said:

Not sure. I have a feeling complacency setting in with the crowd. Gates starting to drop and atmosphere flat in recent games. I am going for 8k.

Ayup mate. I think there a touch of us feeling the nerves as well. Fans and players. Everybody, no matter how much people try to focus on the job in hand and keep grounded, are starting to realise that our long awaited return to the EFL is staring to get within touching distance. And the underlying thought that “we can’t eff this up now”. So I’d expect a few more nervy wins here and there even against the so called lesser teams,

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 25 January 2024 - 04:20 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#44 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2024 - 04:23 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 January 2024 - 04:19 PM, said:

Ayup mate. I think there a touch of us feeling the nerves as well. Fans and players. Everybody, no matter how much people try to focus on the job in hand and keep grounded, are starting to realise that our long awaited return to the EFL is staring to get within touching distance. And the underlying thought that “we can’t eff this up now”. So I’d expect a few more nervy wins here and there even against the so called lesser teams,

It's a good job I take it all in my stride and stay calm at the games.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This post has been edited by Walton Spireite: 25 January 2024 - 04:24 PM

#45 User is online   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 25 January 2024 - 04:25 PM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 25 January 2024 - 02:52 PM, said:

W7????? WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON

And the bottom 2 rows of the South Stand

Blocked out for Southport fans
JRID

#46 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2024 - 04:29 PM

Staggering how many of our own fans don’t know how our own tickets website works still. We’ve only had it a few years, wait til we’ve all got to get to grips with ticketmaster next year

#47 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 January 2024 - 04:34 PM

View PostCFC91, on 25 January 2024 - 04:29 PM, said:

Staggering how many of our own fans don’t know how our own tickets website works still. We’ve only had it a few years, wait til we’ve all got to get to grips with ticketmaster next year

Really?

#48 User is offline   eg-zile 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2024 - 06:04 PM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 25 January 2024 - 02:38 PM, said:

Jesus I hope not

E1 and W7

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#49 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2024 - 06:25 PM

View PostLincs Spireite, on 25 January 2024 - 10:26 AM, said:

So on to Southend then. Of all the home games this is the one I am not looking forward to.
They will know we can be beaten with their tactics. One thing I am certain of, is that they won't sit back and park the bus. They will be on the front foot closing us down not giving us any time on the ball, stopping our pass press game. In our faces and hitting us on the break.
I hope PC knows all of this and has some sort of plan to counter, whatever that may be.
Not being a doom monger just a realist of what's likely to happen, but hopefully if we wise up to their game plan we can come away with a win and retain our excellent record.

You talk as though they are a better team than us. We outplayed them there without playing well. Gave them 2 goals. Even giving them their 10 points back they are 27 points behind us. One reason that we are good, possibly the main one, is that when teams attempt to press us and play in our face we wear them down. Why would we change the way we play against a mid table team?

#50 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2024 - 06:27 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 25 January 2024 - 06:25 PM, said:

You talk as though they are a better team than us. We outplayed them there without playing well. Gave them 2 goals. Even giving them their 10 points back they are 27 points behind us. One reason that we are good, possibly the main one, is that when teams attempt to press us and play in our face we wear them down. Why would we change the way we play against a mid table team?

It will be close imo.
God I hate this league.

#51 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2024 - 06:30 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 January 2024 - 04:19 PM, said:

The people that matter, the coaching staff and the players, don’t have any nerves. Nor are they complacent.

#52 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2024 - 06:56 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 25 January 2024 - 06:30 PM, said:

The people that matter, the coaching staff and the players, don’t have any nerves. Nor are they complacent.

Don’t have any nerves? That’s a new one on me!

#53 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2024 - 07:28 PM

There are no easy games.

Southend are on a post takeover high and their players, already encouraged by beating us once, will join every other we meet in wanting to make a name for themselves at our expense.

But 'Bobby Darling' is right - we must stick to our proven patience.

I just hope we've a ref' who'll allow that...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#54 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2024 - 07:44 PM

I didn't say they are a better team than us. I am saying they are probably the only ones I would be concerned with losing our home record. I know they won't catch us up but I don't want to lose any game.

#55 User is offline   Osborne again 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2024 - 08:01 PM

I don't think Cookie or the team will be complacent,and nor do I think he'll change how we play. Most teams in this league can't press for a full game, and by the hour mark they're tiring.

#56 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2024 - 09:06 PM

View PostDIFH, on 24 January 2024 - 08:16 PM, said:

Oh no it’s not, look at the have’s and have nots in this league. Part time teams versus the likes of us. Teams have not got the same size squads in our league atm so there are big discrepancies ?

21 of the 24 clubs are full-time.
All have had 20+ players on their books this season. Even the part-time teams. Some have seen loanees recalled, and injuries hit. There's also Southend who are coming out the other side.
The 3 part-time clubs, Wealdstone, Dorking and Oxford City are southern with players who could easily join full-time NL/L2 clubs, but choose not to. They earn more being part-time footballers.

This post has been edited by DerbySpireite59: 25 January 2024 - 09:18 PM

"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#57 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2024 - 09:11 PM

View Postrodney, on 24 January 2024 - 10:07 PM, said:

Nothing to do with midweek games and either being freezing cold or gales!!

Or waiting for January's salary to hit the bank?. This is our 5th home game since December's early paid monthly salary (33 days) with Watford and Solihull being the 2 away games.
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#58 User is offline   BreadNoButter 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2024 - 11:00 PM

If the players are thinking they’ve won league now, I don’t care. It won’t have an affect on how they play. You don’t make mistakes mid match, and you don’t get nervy mid match because you’ve think you’ve already won league. You don’t not put effort in because you think you’ve won it 18 games early. They’re competitors they want to win every game no matter what. 1-0 up in 90mins defending a corner? Now they can get nervy and are more prone to make mistakes.

#59 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 25 January 2024 - 11:43 PM

You watched a different match to me. They shut us down with ease and made us make those mistakes. They stopped us from playing ,that’s why we didn’t play well. If you’ve got 11 fit committed team members who approach the game saying “for 90+ minutes we will shut you down and pick up the scraps “. This will be our hardest test to date.

This post has been edited by smiffy: 26 January 2024 - 12:22 AM

#60 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2024 - 06:37 AM

View Postsmiffy, on 25 January 2024 - 11:43 PM, said:

You watched a different match to me. They shut us down with ease and made us make those mistakes. They stopped us from playing ,that’s why we didn’t play well. If you’ve got 11 fit committed team members who approach the game saying “for 90+ minutes we will shut you down and pick up the scraps “. This will be our hardest test to date.

My point exactly.

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users