Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Jekyll And Hyde Approach Of Da - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Jekyll And Hyde Approach Of Da

#1 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:57 AM

On Friday evening my disabled twin boys celebrated their 18th birthday with a disco buffet in the legends lounge at The Proact. With recent events at CFC I had placed myself in the not a penny more camp, so when the twins wanted their do at the Proact I wasn't exactly doing cartwheels.

Given that the boys don't understand the recent goings on at CFC I felt it would be at the least inensitive to say they couldn't have their celebration there. How glad I am that I took that decision.

I was all ready to deal with ego driven and arrogant staff members but there were none, and that included management. The events manager Peter Clarke was exceptional in his role, and his team under him also worked at a very high standard with impeccable manners and attention to detail. Nothing was too much trouble and Peter went well above and beyond in his service.

A number of guests who attended the event said they would most likely attend a game during the season as they enjoyed the environment so much. My point is this, the two experiences at the club are so far removed from one another. As a paying customer in the lounge I felt special (as did everyone in attendance), as a paying customer on match day I don't.

Does this highlight that CT is the problem? After all DA is the top man in both departments, yet different individuals are entrusted by him to run those departments. Events manager Peter Clarke clearly puts the customer first and the conference and banqueting runs at a profit........CT's public relations speak for themselves and the football side runs at a loss.

Perhaps DA might learn a lesson from himself, get the right man to oversee on your behalf on the football side and things could change for the better.

#2 User is offline   Price 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:06 AM

Hope your boys enjoyed the occasion

#3 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:21 AM

Sounds like a cracking do!
I bet they're already planning their 21st :D

And well done CFC, it's nice that you CAN make us feel proud! It's a real shame we can't say this more often though (it's not as though we don't want to either); so I'll say it again...

'Well Done CFC' (Christ, that makes a refreshing change :blush: )
#notapennymore

#4 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostMrhappy, on 21 August 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

On Friday evening my disabled twin boys celebrated their 18th birthday with a disco buffet in the legends lounge at The Proact. With recent events at CFC I had placed myself in the not a penny more camp, so when the twins wanted their do at the Proact I wasn't exactly doing cartwheels.

Given that the boys don't understand the recent goings on at CFC I felt it would be at the least inensitive to say they couldn't have their celebration there. How glad I am that I took that decision.

I was all ready to deal with ego driven and arrogant staff members but there were none, and that included management. The events manager Peter Clarke was exceptional in his role, and his team under him also worked at a very high standard with impeccable manners and attention to detail. Nothing was too much trouble and Peter went well above and beyond in his service.

A number of guests who attended the event said they would most likely attend a game during the season as they enjoyed the environment so much. My point is this, the two experiences at the club are so far removed from one another. As a paying customer in the lounge I felt special (as did everyone in attendance), as a paying customer on match day I don't.

Does this highlight that CT is the problem? After all DA is the top man in both departments, yet different individuals are entrusted by him to run those departments. Events manager Peter Clarke clearly puts the customer first and the conference and banqueting runs at a profit........CT's public relations speak for themselves and the football side runs at a loss.

Perhaps DA might learn a lesson from himself, get the right man to oversee on your behalf on the football side and things could change for the better.

:) Sounds like the boys,you and the guests had a great time.Not everybody at the club are tarred with the same brush.It's the policy makers at the top who created the problem.The footsoldiers like the ones who looked after you are doing their best for the club.I hope unlike some I could mention are getting that credit from their "peers". :glare:
Many a good tune

#5 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

Fair points but doesn't every football side run at a loss. I think ours may be more loss-prone than others!

#6 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:04 AM

View PostElton John 1866, on 21 August 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

Fair points but doesn't every football side run at a loss. I think ours may be more loss-prone than others!

:unsure: The club certainly is more loss-prone than others.Mainly because of poor planning and investment over the years. :blush:
Many a good tune

#7 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:21 PM

View PostBlueRover52, on 21 August 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

:unsure: The club certainly is more loss-prone than others.Mainly because of poor planning and investment over the years. :blush:

Hello - what planning.

The only planning that has taken place is the capture of Evans.

God I hate this league.

#8 User is offline   dah 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:47 AM

The first season we would see da most games in the concourse (west stand) asking how we where n checking everthing was running Smoothly. Not seen him since like.

#9 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:27 AM

Having sampled The Corporate at The Proact, Owlerton Stadium and Napoleons on Eccleshall Road DA has an excellent entertainment experience. His staff are to be congratulated for an efficient, enjoyable experience in food and surroundings.

With football he seems out of his depth with the product even though he knows how to make himself money out of a dogs dinner.

God I hate this league.

#10 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:33 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 22 August 2016 - 11:27 AM, said:

Having sampled The Corporate at The Proact, Owlerton Stadium and Napoleons on Eccleshall Road DA has an excellent entertainment experience. His staff are to be congratulated for an efficient, enjoyable experience in food and surroundings.

With football he seems out of his depth with the product even though he knows how to make himself money out of a dogs dinner.

A lower league football team shouldn't be expected to make profit for its owner. It's usually a rich man's hobby with losses absorbed. But he seems only able to see things in profit and loss terms. He came into it for the wrong reasons.

#11 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 22 August 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

A lower league football team shouldn't be expected to make profit for its owner. It's usually a rich man's hobby with losses absorbed. But he seems only able to see things in profit and loss terms. He came into it for the wrong reasons.

Not the wrong reasons necessarily, but the wrong expectations.

#12 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:18 PM

A number of guests who attended the event said they would most likely attend a game during the season as they enjoyed the environment so much. My point is this, the two experiences at the club are so far removed from one another. As a paying customer in the lounge I felt special (as did everyone in attendance),

#13 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

I have edited the above as it appeared to suggest I was not happy with the conduct of matcday staff. This was not my intention and I apologise to anyone who I offended.

#14 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:58 PM

There's still a great deal to be grateful for down at the Proact.

It's a stadium which, seat-for-seat, is as good as anything in the lower leagues whilst the C&B facilities are a match for anything in the area.

Then let's remember that average crowds have been amongst the best since the Cox era.

However it seems to me that instead of dealing with those responsible for bewildering failings witnessed over the last two or three years, Allen chose to hit the punters - selling players, cutting budgets and raising prices.

Meanwhile only a fool would deny the environment of mistrust created by a series of scandals hasn't impacted upon sponsors and customers alike.

I think we all know what needs to happen.

However until it does what was, and again could be a successful investment will continue to slide.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users