Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Pc Body Language. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pc Body Language.

#1 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:28 AM

As regards the team performance more or less on par with every other game.

Now himself I thought he was very subdued and hardly responded to the crowds prompting. Yes we got the occasional clapping from him but I sensed he was in a very uncomfortable place in front of the fans.

You could put up the game and how it panned out as the reason for less involvement etc but for me the writing is on the wall.

God I hate this league.

#2 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:36 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 26 April 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

Now himself I thought he was very subdued and hardly responded to the crowds prompting. Yes we got the occasional clapping from him but I sensed he was in a very uncomfortable place in front of the fans.

You could put up the game and how it panned out as the reason for less involvement etc but for me the writing is on the wall.

I thought the whole atmosphere of the game was odd. Very loud at times but it also had a subdued and deflated err at times. We've had a fantastic season but the timing of all the couldn't have been worse if Mansfield had arranged it.

What a fantastic season though. Have we over achieved? No I don't think so. We are were we are because we have a good side with good players and you don't get to the play offs by being lucky. Had we someone like garner in our side we would have pushed close t the top 3

#3 User is offline   bucko 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 26 April 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

I thought the whole atmosphere of the game was odd. Very loud at times but it also had a subdued and deflated err at times. We've had a fantastic season but the timing of all the couldn't have been worse if Mansfield had arranged it.

What a fantastic season though. Have we over achieved? No I don't think so. We are were we are because we have a good side with good players and you don't get to the play offs by being lucky. Had we someone like garner in our side we would have pushed close t the top 3

Could that have been our own Eoin Doyle ???
We will never know though

#4 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:42 AM

Should PC decide to stay has it changed your loyalty towards him guys, will things ever be the same..........I think he go else where in the summer.
God I hate this league.

#5 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

you can see why Cook wanted Higdon. if we had a player like that we would be pushing top 3
A new hope.

#6 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:05 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 26 April 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

you can see why Cook wanted Higdon. if we had a player like that we would be pushing top 3

Is that the same Higdon has had the scouts flocking to Bramhall Lane because of the way in which he has set the steel city alight?

#7 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

View Postdtp, on 26 April 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Is that the same Higdon has had the scouts flocking to Bramhall Lane because of the way in which he has set the steel city alight?

Just a hunch, but my guess is that a manager like Paul Cook gets more out of players than a manager like Nigel Clough. Higdon would have done much better here than at the Lane.

#8 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

If we'd had someone like Garner.....we'd have sold him!

#9 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

We need a target man who can hold the ball and who can head goals. He'd do fine imo, in the game at the Proact he had a bit of bad luck and with a spell with our fitness guru could fit the bill.

Championship funds might allow us to loan him for a season.

God I hate this league.

#10 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostMr_Pleasant, on 26 April 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

Just a hunch, but my guess is that a manager like Paul Cook gets more out of players than a manager like Nigel Clough. Higdon would have done much better here than at the Lane.

Agreed.
He would have been knocked into shape by Shinner, and started every game whilst fit. Unlike at sheff yoo.

#11 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

Yeah Shinner would've sorted him out. He's earned his wage this season that's for sure.

#12 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 26 April 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

We need a target man who can hold the ball and who can head goals. He'd do fine imo, in the game at the Proact he had a bit of bad luck and with a spell with our fitness guru could fit the bill.

I'm not sure I would class making a horrendous, late, potentially career-ending tackle as bad luck.

#13 User is offline   dazcarrlegend 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 26 April 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

He reads this board- hardly surprising he isn't entirely happy with the fans with some of the nonsense spouted on here.

#14 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:30 AM

whos to say he wouldn't have done it here? Going to the blunts, without a pre season and playing under the tactical genius Nigel isn't going to help is it? Just because it hasn't worked at one club doesn't mean it wouldn't work elsewhere under a different manager

Cook wouldn't be in for a player like that without good reason.

A new hope.

#15 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:36 AM

View Postdazcarrlegend, on 26 April 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

He reads this board- hardly surprising he isn't entirely happy with the fans with some of the nonsense spouted on here.

He does indeed. He needs to not do that. It's a stupid thing to do.

#16 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

I'd probably post myself on the sly, never mind reading it.

#17 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:30 AM

View Postbucko, on 26 April 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

Could that have been our own Eoin Doyle ???
We will never know though

Garner is in a different class

#18 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 26 April 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

I was never sure about the higdon signing and was lambasted for saying he looked slow and fat in the video someone put up of his goals. However having seen him play for a few minutes at town whilst it confirmed he is slow and fat, it also for me showed he would have done well here. Holds the ball up well, decent in the air and most importantly attack a the ball especially at the front post when crosses come in.

#19 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostGoku, on 26 April 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Yeah Shinner would've sorted him out. He's earned his wage this season that's for sure.

Agreed. An integral member of the backroom team.
If only....

#20 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:04 PM

View Postdazcarrlegend, on 26 April 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Why would he be annoyed

He has done nothing to dispel the rumours and in general people are a bit dismayed at the prospect of him leaving. That should be very good for his ego

Very few have acted like the Accrington fans, most gave acknowledged the realities of the situation. I can't see that happening on many other massage boards.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users