Bob's Board: Should The Mods Be More Active In Moving Posts? - Bob's Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Should The Mods Be More Active In Moving Posts? Or are you happy with the way it is?

#1 User is offline   Odysseus 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Fighting Trojans. Making wooden horses. Sailing the Aegean Sea.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

I know this could all be a figment of my a**l retentive need for organization and order in the universe, but is it just me who is noticing that “spireite debate” is becoming the default place for any and all posts on this notice board? I realise in the grand scheme of all the things that can get annoying it rates about 000.1% on the Mansfield Town Scale (things that really p**s me off), but it does seem that everything is being put in there lately. Just on the first page now there are at least 3 posts that would be better in “personal” and 2 that would be perfectly great in “fun and games”. Now please don’t get me wrong I am not saying that these posts be deleted, or that there is anything at all wrong with them, they are all perfectly decent examples of what a forum can and should be used for, but should they be in “spireite debate” or in another forum?

So would there be any benefit if posts were moved to a more appropriate forum, I would suggest there would be a few, one being posts on “spireites debate” would stay on the first page for far longer allowing more responses and perhaps better debate, as even though we don’t admit it, many rarely go back more than one or two pages when initially logging on. Another benefit is that people who do use the other forums would be more likely to have a greater number of visits to their posts, as more people use the other forums. I imagine at the beginning there would be a few angry and upset people around, who only ever use “spireite debate” and so would think they are being picked on, but as more and more people get used to using the other forums this would lessen over time. Unfortunately the major flaw in this plan is the added work it would give the mods, as initially at least, they would have to be ruthless in moving posts to a more suitable forum, but this should lessen as people get used to the new regime and start posting in a more suitable forum, sure in the knowledge their posts would get the largest audience.

To the question “does it really matter“, the honest answer is “no“, but there are seven forums on Bob‘s Board, some with sub forums within them, and yet they hardly ever get used because we have all got into the habit of putting everything in “spireite debate” and virtually ignoring all the others.

So what do you think is there a problem or am I being silly, would you like other forums to be used more, or are you happy with the way things are now? Please do not think this is trying to be some sneaky way of censoring people, think of it as a discussion document, a “white paper” if you will to see what people think, but the final decision will inevitably lie with the mods, as they will be the ones who have to implement it.

Sorry it's so long. Over to you. :)
Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

#2 User is offline   Odysseus 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Fighting Trojans. Making wooden horses. Sailing the Aegean Sea.

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

It's just me then. :rolleyes:
Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

#3 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostOdysseus, on 08 July 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

:rolleyes: Yes it was long but some valid points made.It would be ideal for forum members to post in the relevant section but IMO they stick them in debate so they the most attention. :blink:
Many a good tune

#4 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostOdysseus, on 08 July 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

I agree with you, I only posted the one about the County there to maximise the humour and fully expected it to be moved to fun and games. The trouble was the post seemed to be taken seriously and it became a thread about pubs and drinking pre match and thus loosely CFC related.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users