Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Everyone's Cup Final - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Everyone's Cup Final

#1 User is offline   hardgums 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2024 - 04:29 PM

Of course, there will be a step up in quality next season, but I think we'll be helped by the fact that we're no longer going to be everyone's cup final when they play us. National League sides have generally upped their game against us and pretty much always parked the bus. We'll no longer be the big fish in a small pond. Hopefully teams won't just set out to frustrate us, and we can enjoy more free-flowing football. And that's a style that suits us down to the ground.

#2 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2024 - 04:52 PM

I’m looking forward to the Tuesday night matches at home the most. Before Allen pressed the self destruct button we had some memorable nights under the lights, Wycombe, Rotherham, Bournemouth, Colchester to name just a selection.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#3 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2024 - 04:59 PM

hardgums, on 19 April 2024 - 04:29 PM, said:

Of course, there will be a step up in quality next season, but I think we'll be helped by the fact that we're no longer going to be everyone's cup final when they play us. National League sides have generally upped their game against us and pretty much always parked the bus. We'll no longer be the big fish in a small pond. Hopefully teams won't just set out to frustrate us, and we can enjoy more free-flowing football. And that's a style that suits us down to the ground.

I will agree, everyone did up their game when they played us. However not sure they parked the bus, most manager's had worked out we were slow in defence so lumped it over the top and ran past our defence to score. Luckily we outscored them.

#4 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2024 - 06:16 PM

I expect most will be salivating playing us next season
A 3 point banker for our opponents according to some who say we’ve just won a rubbish non-league division as all the teams are pants!
Long may they think that in my opinion

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users