• You cannot reply to this topic

Club Statement

#81 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:50 AM

View PostSkywalker, on 25 February 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

SS posted what he knew and the club confirmed it to be true. I'd imagine he is now either not in a position to comment further or has nothing new to add. The ball is now in the Swedish consortium's court.

Let's be clear about this - the Club confirmed that a tentative offer from overseas investors had been received.

They didn't confirm that a detailed offer had been received in the manner in which SS stated it - so they didn't confirm what SS posted to be true in every detail.

#82 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:04 AM

dtp said:

1488012640[/url]"]1488012640[/url]' post='[url="tel:[url="tel:1283556"]1283556[/url]"]1283556[/url]']Let's be clear about this - the Club confirmed that a tentative offer from overseas investors had been received.They didn't confirm that a detailed offer had been received in the manner in which SS stated it - so they didn't confirm what SS posted to be true in every detail.
<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;"><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">"The £10m bid was turned down, and this is a direct quote from AC's pm to me: Dave Allen does not think your starting point or final bid is worth further consideration. We wish you well in your other investment opportunities" Carsons words.

This post has been edited by a kick in the balls: 25 February 2017 - 09:04 AM

A new hope.

#83 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:08 AM

a kick in the balls said:

1488013471[/url]' post='1283557']
<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;"><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">"The £10m bid was turned down, and this is a direct quote from AC's pm to me: Dave Allen does not think your starting point or final bid is worth further consideration. We wish you well in your other investment opportunities" Carsons words.

So, from the quote from Carsons PM, it appears that £10 million was not enough, and he wants the money up front and not instalments. I don't see as SS needs to add anything else. The reasons for rejecting the offer (even though he said there hadn't been any offers) is there in Carsons own words.
A new hope.

#84 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

View Postmoondog, on 25 February 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

Got to agree such a highly respected posters disappearance on such a key issue is disappointing

It's the Sportlov holiday here. I used up a couple of outstanding personal days to get fitted out for downhill and cross-country skis and book a flight to a resort for the rest of next week. Life for me goes on as normal.

View Postdim view, on 22 February 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

perhaps it was because they only offered £3m up front and the rest in annual instalments - maybe a justifiable reason for DA to turn it down flat. I can't see though why the conversation could not be handled professionally, so as to stimulate negotiations.

The offer was for £10m up front. AC mentioned that it could be paid in installments.

View Posta kick in the balls, on 25 February 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

So, from the quote from Carsons PM, it appears that £10 million was not enough, and he wants the money up front and not instalments. I don't see as SS needs to add anything else. The reasons for rejecting the offer (even though he said there hadn't been any offers) is there in Carsons own words.

See above.

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 23 February 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Hopefully he's busy trying to mediate negotiations.

There are no further negotiations to take place, despite AC repeating a message via moondog that there is a deal to be done at £10m. It was said at the time that the group had other investment opportunities; some have moved onto those. Others have been approached by suitors requesting their financial help.

2016/17 is the centenary for the Swedish Curling Förbundet (association). The Swedes are strong in all competitions, both in gender and age groups. Niklas Edin's team became European champion for the third time. Anna Hasselborg's team won silver in the women's competition as well as winning the Stockholm leg of the Curling Champions Tour. Team Wranaa have just won gold in the world junior championships in South Korea. One of the potential investors has pumped a lot of money into Swedish Curling since the new year.

Stockholm is about to bid for the 2027 winter games, so companies are already funding the bidding process. Some of the companies have committed vast sums of money to the bid; they're "all in".

Existing sponsorship deals over here are also due to be extended.

If a deal can be done at £10m, then maybe the club should contact the more local group whom I believe offered a bid in that region.

View Postfreelander2, on 22 February 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

I believe one of the existing directors can introduce a group from the Middle East who will pay an advance and the balance on the drip with DA having security on the ground until the last payment is received.

So, there are more interested parties than have been alluded to. Hopefully this time, DA will not be so quick to turn them away without inviting them for at least one face-to-face meeting.

There isn't anything else that I can add. I'm not holding any more "aces" and there are no more revelations to come from me. I'm hoping that due diligence will be done and a respect shown to any interested party and their bid. I think the longer this goes on, the greater the depreciation DA will see on his asset - relegation, players moving on and smaller crowds will see to that. That in turn, might mean a greater reluctance to sell because a greater loss on the investment.

If you want appropriate music for the moment, try this: You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. / "Know when to walk away, know when to run. / "You don't ever count your money while you're sittin' at the table. / "There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin' is done.

#85 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for getting back to us SS

#86 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 25 February 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

The offer was for £10m up front. AC mentioned that it could be paid in installments.

There are no further negotiations to take place, despite AC repeating a message via moondog that there is a deal to be done at £10m.

Did you turn down AC's request that you contact the nominated intermediaries to lodge the bid?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#87 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:14 AM

View Postdim view, on 25 February 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

Did you turn down AC's request that you contact the nominated intermediaries to lodge the bid?

I couldn't turn down any request from AC if it was never made.

EDIT: The request via moondog was to get in touch. My previous post shows clearly where the interest of the group now lies

This post has been edited by Stockholm Spireite: 25 February 2017 - 10:18 AM

#88 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:20 AM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 25 February 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

I couldn't turn down any request from AC if it was never made

So he was sufficiently interested in the offer to discuss an instalment plan but didn't ask you to lodge the bid in line with DA's instructions?

#89 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

View Postdim view, on 25 February 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

So he was sufficiently interested in the offer to discuss an instalment plan but didn't ask you to lodge the bid in line with DA's instructions?

Where are you getting this from? I think some wire are getting crossed here.

The group made an offer with a single payment of £10m. If that's their bid, then why would they want to make installments when their bid captial is ready to spend at once? It doesn't make sense.

I think you'd be better off asking AC the questions. As I said not long ago, I can't add any more to what has already been said.

#90 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:27 AM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 25 February 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

It's the Sportlov holiday here. I used up a couple of outstanding personal days to get fitted out for downhill and cross-country skis and book a flight to a resort for the rest of next week. Life for me goes on as normal.

See above.

There are no further negotiations to take place, despite AC repeating a message via moondog that there is a deal to be done at £10m. It was said at the time that the group had other investment opportunities; some have moved onto those. Others have been approached by suitors requesting their financial help.

2016/17 is the centenary for the Swedish Curling Förbundet (association). The Swedes are strong in all competitions, both in gender and age groups. Niklas Edin's team became European champion for the third time. Anna Hasselborg's team won silver in the women's competition as well as winning the Stockholm leg of the Curling Champions Tour. Team Wranaa have just won gold in the world junior championships in South Korea. One of the potential investors has pumped a lot of money into Swedish Curling since the new year.

Stockholm is about to bid for the 2027 winter games, so companies are already funding the bidding process. Some of the companies have committed vast sums of money to the bid; they're "all in".

Existing sponsorship deals over here are also due to be extended.

If a deal can be done at £10m, then maybe the club should contact the more local group whom I believe offered a bid in that region.

So, there are more interested parties than have been alluded to. Hopefully this time, DA will not be so quick to turn them away without inviting them for at least one face-to-face meeting.

There isn't anything else that I can add. I'm not holding any more "aces" and there are no more revelations to come from me. I'm hoping that due diligence will be done and a respect shown to any interested party and their bid. I think the longer this goes on, the greater the depreciation DA will see on his asset - relegation, players moving on and smaller crowds will see to that. That in turn, might mean a greater reluctance to sell because a greater loss on the investment.

If you want appropriate music for the moment, try this: You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. / "Know when to walk away, know when to run. / "You don't ever count your money while you're sittin' at the table. / "There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin' is done.

Song for DA...You can't always get what you want. ..

#91 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:29 AM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 25 February 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

The group made an offer with a single payment of £10m. If that's their bid, then why would they want to make installments when their bid captial is ready to spend at once? It doesn't make sense.

I think you'd be better off asking AC the questions. As I said not long ago, I can't add any more to what has already been said.

Can I ask two questions, please?

1) How was the bid submitted?

2) What conditions were attached to the bid?

#92 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

'AC mentioned that it could be paid in installments'

#93 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:34 AM

It's gone fellas

#94 User is offline   The Rec 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:53 AM

it's gone, forget about it..........meanwhile back in Iraq, comical Ali and the puppet regime, continues to churn out the lies and spin that we've become accustomed to during this conflict!

#95 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:38 AM

Stock,
Did you ever get a response to your offer to the Club re. Free Scouting and analysis?

#96 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

View Postdim view, on 25 February 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

I think AC was making a general point about any deal.

What he said to me was, after remembering the bid, was if you know if they are still interested ask them to get in touch, so I sent a PM to SS informing him of this.

#97 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

View Postdim view, on 25 February 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Your very quick to swallow up the words of someone who's economy rating with the truth is...ahem...questionable to say the least. Especially against someone who speaks the truth a hell of a lot more often, and has nothing to gain by making an imaginary business plan up. If Stockholm hadn't have brought this up in the first place then the bid would never have been known about. Suddenly the official position went from 'We have no bids' to 'We have no acceptable bids' very quickly. Now why would they want to keep takeover bids quiet? Surely if they really did want to sell, and the consortium didnt prove their funding, their response wouldnt be to bury the deal, but big the club up instead. Something along the lines of 'We have had a bid from a very respectable consortium of businessmen who had a good blueprint for the club and saw its potential for expansion, but unfortunately were not able to provide proof of funds so we've moved on'. In one swoop you've proved their is interest in the club, and that respectable people think that there is mileage in this football club yet, thus gaining the attention of other potential investors who may well have the money required. So why bury the deal?

A suspicious man would be forgiven for thinking along the lines of 'they know they screwed up probably the best offer they'll get and they don't want the fans to know about it' or there is another end game that doesn't actually involve selling the club currently and again they didn't want the fans knowing that they were turning down acceptable bids to expose such a scheme.

This post has been edited by SpireiteFitzy: 25 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#98 User is online   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:01 PM

View Postmoondog, on 25 February 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

I think AC was making a general point about any deal.

What he said to me was, after remembering the bid, was if you know if they are still interested ask them to get in touch, so I sent a PM to SS informing him of this.

Seems funny that the supposed bid was turned down flat but when SS blew the cover AC was hoping to keep under wraps then the club were then suddenly interested in finding out if the consortium were still interested

But of course we were led to believe that there was no interest in buying the club at all :windup

#99 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:07 PM

View Postwhittman, on 25 February 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

Seems funny that the supposed bid was turned down flat but when SS blew the cover AC was hoping to keep under wraps then the club were then suddenly interested in finding out if the consortium were still interested

But of course we were led to believe that there was no interest in buying the club at all :windup

Sadly you are correct, AC initially denied all knowledge to me of such a bid, only remembering when he read that SS was quoting from his response.

#100 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

View Postmoondog, on 25 February 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Sadly you are correct, AC initially denied all knowledge to me of such a bid, only remembering when he read that SS was quoting from his response.

The memory can play tricks at times. We shouldn't be too harsh.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users