• This topic is locked

Protest Ideas

#141 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:52 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 26 October 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

Absolutely. Lest anyone forgets- Danny is a self confessed 'pie eater'.

That's no surprise being born there
God I hate this league.

#142 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:57 PM

View PostDouggie spireite, on 28 October 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

When will it be time for a protest then if we wait for people like you we'll be playing in the national league
We're all meeting at the Spireite an hour an arf before ko at the sheff u game b there or wait till we're bottom of league two. THE TIME IS NOW

Good post.shame that i feel theres too many that are happy to sit and let it all collapse.

#143 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:08 PM

It's all gone quiet on here! I'm boycotting the game but will pay for my lad to go with a friend. He doesn't understand the complex arguments. He knows how I feel and can't understand how Allen can employ a knob like turner too run the club and lose money over 5 years year on year after 2 Wembley visits and 2 championships. I've told him because the club has been run badly. We will be at all the rest of the games this year but not a penny more on the concourse or club shop. He loves the club and wants to go to the blades game. I hope all spireites at the game give Turnipe the stick he deserves. We can't get rid of Allen but we can Turnipe.
#notapennymore

#144 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:12 AM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 28 October 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

It's all gone quiet on here! I'm boycotting the game but will pay for my lad to go with a friend. He doesn't understand the complex arguments. He knows how I feel and can't understand how Allen can employ a knob like turner too run the club and lose money over 5 years year on year after 2 Wembley visits and 2 championships. I've told him because the club has been run badly. We will be at all the rest of the games this year but not a penny more on the concourse or club shop. He loves the club and wants to go to the blades game. I hope all spireites at the game give Turnipe the stick he deserves. We can't get rid of Allen but we can Turnipe.

Now that's the thinking that makes Dave Allen come out with the comments about supporters.
"We can't get rid of Allen but we can Turnipe?"
1. The juvenile name calling.
2. The stubbornness in thinking that we have the power to force the owner into sacking off his right hand man.

The idea behind ANY protest carried out should be to let the owners know that us as supporters of our great club are feeling that we are being led down a dark path of lies and deceit. Individually we may not be as clever as a multi millionaire business man but collectively we are. If we go into that ground with one set of supporters singing "Turner out" another singing"Allen out" another chanting "Where's our money gone?" All we will be doing is making a noise that won't get picked up on by the media at all. This is why I said in an earlier post that we have got to understand why a protest is being made.
One goal.
It should be to make those Sky cameras pick up on why we are protesting, then hopefully media coverage would follow.
It needs to be sorted and soon cos if not then our best hope of truly embarrassing the board has gone.

BTW. The neg isn't me.

This post has been edited by metallilad: 29 October 2016 - 07:13 AM

Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#145 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:16 AM

View PostDouggie spireite, on 28 October 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

When will it be time for a protest then if we wait for people like you we'll be playing in the national league
We're all meeting at the Spireite an hour an arf before ko at the sheff u game b there or wait till we're bottom of league two. THE TIME IS NOW

By protesting, what exactly are you hoping to achieve?

I don't envisage Allen listening to any fan or any group of fans, nor do I see him dismissing the CEO despite his obvious limitations and failings. If fans protest in their number next Sunday and Allen decides to call it a day, do you have an alternative backer lined up who can put his hands on £250K to £300K at short notice to ensure that any short term liabilities at the month end are paid?

I think a game is being played and hopefully plans are in place to facilitate Allen's exit from the business, but until that time comes and we have a credible alternative lined up, you might want to have a think before putting any plans into action.

#146 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

Get a giant conga going around the ground with bot sets of fans
Have passport will travel

#147 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:07 PM

How's about we do the opposite of what's been said and sell out the home ends every week. At least then when the club is still losing money he can't blame it on us 😝

#148 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 29 October 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

I don't envisage Allen listening to any fan or any group of fans, nor do I see him dismissing the CEO despite his obvious limitations and failings. If fans protest in their number next Sunday and Allen decides to call it a day, do you have an alternative backer lined up who can put his hands on £250K to £300K at short notice to ensure that any short term liabilities at the month end are paid?

I think a game is being played and hopefully plans are in place to facilitate Allen's exit from the business, but until that time comes and we have a credible alternative lined up, you might want to have a think before putting any plans into action.

So we sit and shut up and put up with it because he's got us over a barrell.
Sorry but cfc will always be bigger than dave allen.

#149 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:11 PM

Exactly.

Let's let things take shape as I'm sure if enough people can get their heads (and wallets) together there's a deal to be done here.

#150 User is offline   Douggie spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:35 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 29 October 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

Exactly.

Let's let things take shape as I'm sure if enough people can get their heads (and wallets) together there's a deal to be done here.

Get summat sorted then, simple or just let us drop into oblivion without voicing our opinion

I'll leave it with you all.

#151 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:52 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 29 October 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

Now that's the thinking that makes Dave Allen come out with the comments about supporters.
2. The stubbornness in thinking that we have the power to force the owner into sacking off his right hand man.

The idea behind ANY protest carried out should be to let the owners know that us as supporters of our great club are feeling that we are being led down a dark path of lies and deceit. Individually we may not be as clever as a multi millionaire business man but collectively we are. If we go into that ground with one set of supporters singing "Turner out" another singing"Allen out" another chanting "Where's our money gone?" All we will be doing is making a noise that won't get picked up on by the media at all. This is why I said in an earlier post that we have got to understand why a protest is being made.
One goal.
It should be to make those Sky cameras pick up on why we are protesting, then hopefully media coverage would follow.
It needs to be sorted and soon cos if not then our best hope of truly embarrassing the board has gone.

BTW. The neg isn't me.

Superb post and spot on.

#152 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:55 PM

View Postpeakblue, on 29 October 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

So we sit and shut up and put up with it because he's got us over a barrell.
Sorry but cfc will always be bigger than dave allen.

Thing is, it's a barrel full of DA's cash.

#153 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:26 PM

I don't see him dismissing the CEO but when you say he could call it a day just what do you mean?
He can't walk away because he's got millions invested in the club.
He's not going to take anymore money out of the club because it's not there.
He can't stop sanctioning anymore signings because he does that already (Gary Taylor Fletcher).
He ain't got no buyer for the club because if he had then he would be leaving tyre marks down Sheffield road throwing the front door key out the window.
He is here until he can make this club an attractive purchase, unfortunately he's sold the family silver and the fallen Madonna with the big boobies so he can't go anywhere until the debt is eradicated. It's surely in his best interest to keep things ticking over and have the club pay him his money back with whatever interest percentage it is.

#154 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:32 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 29 October 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

I don't see him dismissing the CEO but when you say he could call it a day just what do you mean?
He can't walk away because he's got millions invested in the club.
He's not going to take anymore money out of the club because it's not there.
He can't stop sanctioning anymore signings because he does that already (Gary Taylor Fletcher).
He ain't got no buyer for the club because if he had then he would be leaving tyre marks down Sheffield road throwing the front door key out the window.
He is here until he can make this club an attractive purchase, unfortunately he's sold the family silver and the fallen Madonna with the big boobies so he can't go anywhere until the debt is eradicated. It's surely in his best interest to keep things ticking over and have the club pay him his money back with whatever interest percentage it is.

But the club's debt to him keeps going up. So, how will it be eradicated given the underlying losses the club suffers?
I haven't a clue.

#155 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:34 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 29 October 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

But the club's debt to him keeps going up. So, how will it be eradicated given the underlying losses the club suffers?
I haven't a clue.

All the more reason for him to stay.

#156 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:37 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 29 October 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

One goal.

BTW. The neg isn't me.

I know you wouldn't beg me m8. I've read the posts relating to mine and do see what people are saying. We can't get rid of Allen he owns the club and has millions invested. He won't sack his m8 even though he is clearly out of his depth. I do hope there is a game going on behind the scenes that will end positively. I know calling Turner Turnipe is juvenile but I can think of lit worse to call him. He is the CEO and whether he is doing as he's told or not he should take responsibility for the mess we find ourselves in. I will miss the Sheff U game and watch it on TV. I'll be back for the next home game and each one after that. I'll feel that I've voted with my feet and wallet. At least it will be £30 Turnipe can't fritter away. It's a mess hopefully as has been suggested there is a way out that all parties will be happy with. Fingers crossed but I do worry as long as certain people are running our beloved club into the ground!!
#notapennymore

#157 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:50 PM

If by any miracle Allen has got a buyer interested, the price goes down as the protests get bigger. If by an even bigger miracle the buyer(s) are good guys, then it's an achievement.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#158 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

View PostThe Gimp, on 27 October 2016 - 07:06 AM, said:

I'm not sure it's the time for protests just yet. I think if a few of our brighter posters got together and collated some very sharp and pertinent questions at the agm and give the "deedahs " the opportunity to answer first.
Yourself, freeland, 60s70s, and Roman Numerals seem to be leading the way with information and background knowledge so perhaps you guys ought to be the representatives.
I'm thinking of gts burning bridges articles and then looking back and thinking of how Haslam asset stripped MTFC once they started protesting, and how Norton Lee knowingly sold to a penniless Brown once protests started here and thinking maybe fans ought to be careful

First of all thanks for the 'bright' compliment.

Though I'm sure there're those who'd disagree.

But speaking of Allen's options let's go through 'em.

The number one worry is that he splits the football club from the stadium. My understanding is the debt would remain with the bricks and mortar, so the current Chairman would essentially be left with a leisure facility that'd cost him several million quid. Could he elicit enough from it to finance his repayments, five percent returns and a worthwhile profit? I dunno, especially as many Town fans would refuse to attend whilst the negative PR would surely be inhibitive. As for the football club I'm sure there'd be a number of takers - but would they all be DB's?. Would Allen care? Or then he might even appoint a 'puppet' board populated by such as Carson and family members to whom he'd gift shares. Maybe that's a process already begun.

Alternatively he could carry on as we currently are, seeming to stumble from one set of debt-increasing accounts to the next with no real plan to address haemorrhaging cash. Other than cutting the Manager's budget and hoping someone's worth selling, of course. Worse still there must come a point where even he realises individuals he's appointed have become so controversial fans are staying away as a result. Is their reputation so irretrievably damaged he's no choice but to 'move them on'? I believe so, though I wonder just how low support will have to fall for that to happen.

By far the best answer would be for an individual or consortium to buy his shares. Four million quid for a modern venue hosting a third tier club that can average six thousand plus? It was a good deal when Allen bought into it and I reckon it remains a good deal today. The debt? Well I wonder if it could be either re-financed at a lower rate, thereby potentially saving hundreds of thousand PA, or some sort of deal struck with Allen. One that offers him an honourable, ego-salving and relatively painless way out. The simple truth is CFC will have to find money to fund it whoever's in charge; so would the Club be better able to do that with a new Board encouraging investors, sponsors and fans? We can only hope.

I still maintain Dave Allen arrived at CFC for the right reasons, delivered a progressive environment, a stadium to be proud of and arguably our most successful ever period. Meanwhile it's him underwriting losses rather than some questionable source as apparently at Bury. For that we should be grateful. However he's made mistakes which've cost the Club, and therefore himself a great deal of money. Those mistakes include employing people who've created an environment of suspicion and mistrust whilst demonstrating no business acumen whatsoever.

Until DA starts scrutinising these individuals instead of those merely narrating their shortcomings the above options fall into even greater focus.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 29 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#159 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:25 PM

I am sure the lack of goals and points will increase the numbers likely to protest at the next home game
Blackburn fans staying outside in their televised game on Sky and plan entering in the 18th minute as part of their protest against the owners

This post has been edited by Benno Spire: 29 October 2016 - 04:31 PM

Have passport will travel

#160 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 29 October 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

Get a giant conga going around the ground with bot sets of fans

A giant conga around the outside of the stadium finishing off in the pub would gain more headlines !

Hoare (400)

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users