Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Derbyshire Senior Cup Draw - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Derbyshire Senior Cup Draw

#21 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:20 PM

View Postmoondog, on 18 December 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

Didn't know we had 6 first year pro's, do you mind naming them.

Looks like Brewster's been bombed out completely if he can't get a game in this fixture

Why? what a waste of a career.What a plonker, if German doesn't pull his finger out that's him done as well.They don't appreciate how lucky they are.
lindave

#22 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

View PostCFC_92, on 18 December 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Academy side to be fielded no senior players to be played. Same as in the past then

Not really, often a few fringe or first team pros make an appearance, I remember a few hopefuls and SEB scoring at Matlock

Didn't we lose at Glossop a couple of seasons ago as well with an even stronger squad
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#23 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

View Postlindave, on 18 December 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

Why? what a waste of a career.What a plonker, if German doesn't pull his finger out that's him done as well.They don't appreciate how lucky they are.

It has been said before on here that German has an attitude problems and I noticed when he played for Matock he was a 'billy big bollux', gobbing off at his team mates while not exactly pulling up trees himself

#24 User is offline   jr1cfc 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:18 PM

Looks like Brewster's been bombed out completely if he can't get a game in this fixture

I didn't either maybe it's 6 pros
I think that jack brownhall, Charlie Wakefield, jay smith, Ricky German, and Reece Mitchell are playing not sure who the other one was

#25 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Jack Brownell, Dylan Parkin and Jay Smith, anyone else?

Other than that?

Perhaps Ricky German, Joe Rowley and Charlie Wakefield are on thier first contract?

#26 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

View Postazul, on 18 December 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

It has been said before on here that German has an attitude problems and I noticed when he played for Matock he was a 'billy big bollux', gobbing off at his team mates while not exactly pulling up trees himself

Sometimes giving 2 year contracts to trainees on the back of a cameo appearance in the first team can backfire depending of course on the attitude of the youngster concerned

Could this be the problem with German now if he is acting the Bertie big time role especially when on loan at a lower league club?

#27 User is offline   jr1cfc 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

View Postjr1cfc, on 18 December 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

I didn't either maybe it's 6 pros
I think that jack brownhall, Charlie Wakefield, jay smith, Ricky German, and Reece Mitchell are playing not sure who the other one was

Dylan Parkin the other

#28 User is offline   First of the gang 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:05 PM

View Postazul, on 18 December 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Scored for Sheffield club but ran out of steam and disappeared in second half

#29 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

Game still on tonight.

Crowd could be bigger than some recent league games!

#30 User is offline   Albert Holmes Slides In 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

Has anyone any idea what advantage it can be to a club like Chesterfield to allow rumours to be created and magnified by NOT communicating with fans. If Brewster has bombed out why can't we know? If a player runs home to Manchester, why is he in Libya before anybody says anything?

Similarly if nothing's happening with Ricky German and the end of his three loans were merely coincidental, why isn't that said? And if there were some other explanation, don't the club's fans matter enough to find out.

He was MOM in the Non-League Paper in one of his two (I think) starts for Alfreton, scored in his last game for Matlock, scored in all the friendlies in which we fielded him so obviously some ability remains from his time as Captain of the Juniors, when he was very much the mainspring of that team. I don't remember anybody suggesting then that he needed to modify his attitude, but I do remember a very self-effacing and almost shy interview when he got his contract. So what's happened to him? I can understand he might be peed off after scoring eleven goals in under three weeks and not even getting a bench as reward from GC, I can understand carrying a bit of chip briefly. But he's young lad and he's too young to be loading himself down with chips on his shoulders, or on his plate. And he's also a bit young to be facing the vituperative criticism he seems to be receiving from some fans. He hasn't committed a crime; it could just be that this is as good as he is going to get. Maybe tonight you'll see one way or the other and it won't have to be down to guesswork and surmise. I'm hoping the fact that Jack Lester put him on the bench on Saturday means he still thinks there's hope. We NEED to bring players like Ricky German through. It's a way forward. Plymouth knocked Man City out of the FA Youth Cup FFS!

And I can't see why fans should always be left in the dark. Bring them in, include them. People who feel part of something turn up to games even when things start going wrong.

#31 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:32 PM

View PostAlbert Holmes Slides In, on 19 December 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Has anyone any idea what advantage it can be to a club like Chesterfield to allow rumours to be created and magnified by NOT communicating with fans. If Brewster has bombed out why can't we know? If a player runs home to Manchester, why is he in Libya before anybody says anything?

Similarly if nothing's happening with Ricky German and the end of his three loans were merely coincidental, why isn't that said? And if there were some other explanation, don't the club's fans matter enough to find out.

He was MOM in the Non-League Paper in one of his two (I think) starts for Alfreton, scored in his last game for Matlock, scored in all the friendlies in which we fielded him so obviously some ability remains from his time as Captain of the Juniors, when he was very much the mainspring of that team. I don't remember anybody suggesting then that he needed to modify his attitude, but I do remember a very self-effacing and almost shy interview when he got his contract. So what's happened to him? I can understand he might be peed off after scoring eleven goals in under three weeks and not even getting a bench as reward from GC, I can understand carrying a bit of chip briefly. But he's young lad and he's too young to be loading himself down with chips on his shoulders, or on his plate. And he's also a bit young to be facing the vituperative criticism he seems to be receiving from some fans. He hasn't committed a crime; it could just be that this is as good as he is going to get. Maybe tonight you'll see one way or the other and it won't have to be down to guesswork and surmise. I'm hoping the fact that Jack Lester put him on the bench on Saturday means he still thinks there's hope. We NEED to bring players like Ricky German through. It's a way forward. Plymouth knocked Man City out of the FA Youth Cup FFS!

And I can't see why fans should always be left in the dark. Bring them in, include them. People who feel part of something turn up to games even when things start going wrong.

Looking on one of the group photos of the Christmas visit to the Royal Hostpital it looks as though Brewster is just visible on the back row so he is still at least in circulation at the moment

This post has been edited by whittman: 19 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

#32 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:45 PM

View PostAlbert Holmes Slides In, on 19 December 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Has anyone any idea what advantage it can be to a club like Chesterfield to allow rumours to be created and magnified by NOT communicating with fans. If Brewster has bombed out why can't we know?

Brewster looks as happy as Larry in the club photos. Maybe he simply can't force himself ahead of Diego and Mitchell at the moment so is not an option for the bench. It would be nice if somebody would ask the question.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#33 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

View Postdim view, on 19 December 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Brewster looks as happy as Larry in the club photos. Maybe he simply can't force himself ahead of Diego and Mitchell at the moment so is not an option for the bench. It would be nice if somebody would ask the question.

He's always in the Lounges for home matches, and yes, he looks as happy as a sand boy, smiley and polite.
What's the line up tonight?

#34 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:06 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 19 December 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

He's always in the Lounges for home matches, and yes, he looks as happy as a sand boy, smiley and polite.
What's the line up tonight?

No Brewster!

#35 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 19 December 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

No Brewster!

They're perhaps training him up to be front of house in Corporate.

Edit: Sharman on the bench, hope that doesn't spoil DV's night (see Wycombe match thread)

This post has been edited by 60s 70s Spireite: 19 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

#36 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:12 PM

Any match details

#37 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

1-0 up, mitchell deflected shot from outside the box

#38 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:18 PM

View Postdim view, on 19 December 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

If he is fit and can’t get in before those 2 he’s struggling for a career. I thought he looked like he might be useful in the cameo I saw him in earlier in the season

#39 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

2-0 deflected Wakefield free kick

5 mins left

2-1

#40 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:59 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 19 December 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

They're perhaps training him up to be front of house in Corporate.

Edit: Sharman on the bench, hope that doesn't spoil DV's night (see Wycombe match thread)

Yep, I'm a bit crestfallen. Very difficult tonight to find positives. Our goalie, right back, and left back did nowt wrong. German's power and acceleration shone through but his and everybody else's overall contribution was disappointing, bordering on inadequate. I personally don't think either Hand or Smith are as good as Sharman.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users