Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#2361 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:30 PM

View Postshaun1866, on 29 August 2016 - 06:19 AM, said:

What do you mean "if" you are going ? Your one of the most abusive person towards him behind a keyboard surely you would want to see him face to face. A no show from you would make your points you have ever put across even more inane.

Haven't got a clue who you are but many on this board no me and don't question my commitment to town. I've decided not to attend the meeting for a number of reasons and I will explain in a pm to Zorro. I don't particularly want to spend an evening in Turnipes company and don't want to particularly be in the same room as you! I applaud Moondog and Zorro for their efforts but can't see the meeting happenning to be honest. I may have insulted Turnipe be calling him a root vegetable but most of my comments have referred to his incompetence as a CEO. You clearly condone his actions as your always sticking up for him. Enjoy your tour pie and pies and pint if it ever happens.
#notapennymore

#2362 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 29 August 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

Haven't got a clue who you are but many on this board no me and don't question my commitment to town. I've decided not to attend the meeting for a number of reasons and I will explain in a pm to Zorro. I don't particularly want to spend an evening in Turnipes company and don't want to particularly be in the same room as you! I applaud Moondog and Zorro for their efforts but can't see the meeting happenning to be honest. I may have insulted Turnipe be calling him a root vegetable but most of my comments have referred to his incompetence as a CEO. You clearly condone his actions as your always sticking up for him. Enjoy your tour pie and pies and pint if it ever happens.

And all from behind a keyboard hey, where have I ever condoned CT by the way ? Your comments would have been received far better with me if you had not been so childish as the majority of what you say I believe.

From this:

Thanks m8do you want me to get sued ? Don't know you but I'm a long term town fan. Look a what's happened Today. Town fans stick together !

To not wanting to be in the same room that's some move that.

This post has been edited by shaun1866: 29 August 2016 - 03:13 PM

#2363 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:54 AM

I know you are all waiting for thew date to be confirmed and some of you don't think a meeting will take place, but you can be assured that it will.

I had given AC dates myself of the 5th/6th of September & unfortunately these dates are not suitable for 1 of the 3 on the dates given. Only 1 person could make both dates.

We are now looking at the dates between 19th-22nd September.

Regarding the moans relating to the pies & peas, it is not compulsory that you have to eat, for those going straight from work sandwiches could be provided as an alternative if you choose. The £10 charge is not to pay for the food or a free pint, it was purely made as a charge for commitment from fans rather than having a 'free' free for all. Ashley has confirmed that the money collected on the night will go to Ashgate Hospice.

Z
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#2364 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:01 PM

I hope a 'charge for commitment' is your slant on it rather than his words.

#2365 User is offline   Alan Birch 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 29 August 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

You make an excellent point; are we really expected to believe that a character with no emotional attachment to the Club and who sees his enterprise go so deeply into debt that he can't pay wages, angry parents or bills waives tens of thousands of pounds worth of possible income? All this whilst claiming he's not taking a salary himself? Why would he do that, what's in it for him?

Once again things just don't seem to add up.

Further to the above point:

I am under the impression that where accommodation is provided to individuals under the age of 18, certain additional (above and beyond purely a landlord/tenant relationship) requirements for welfare etc have to be met. It fits in with OFSTED Regulations and such like and recognises that an enterprise which is benefitting from paid patronage has additional responsibilities to the individuals it is supplying services (i.e. digs) too.

I may be wrong, and if so this is not a valid contribution, nonetheless, should it be the case that additional responsibilities of the Landlord are a requirement in such circumstances - how does that equate to the set-up whereby tenancy fees appear to be waived for the accommodation so provided?

This should not remove the need to adhere to regulations safeguarding under-18's welfare when based in privately provided accommodation.

#2366 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2016 - 03:50 PM

View Postshaun1866, on 29 August 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

And all from behind a keyboard hey, where have I ever condoned CT by the way ? Your comments would have been received far better with me if you had not been so childish as the majority of what you say I believe.

From this:

Thanks m8do you want me to get sued ? Don't know you but I'm a long term town fan. Look a what's happened Today. Town fans stick together !

To not wanting to be in the same room that's some move that.

You might think childish I was trying to have some fun and lighten up a pretty gloomy situation. As I say don't particularly want to be in the same room as Turnipe so will leave it to the adults who will behave themselves. Are you going??
#notapennymore

#2367 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:00 PM

View PostZorro, on 30 August 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

I know you are all waiting for thew date to be confirmed and some of you don't think a meeting will take place, but you can be assured that it will.

I had given AC dates myself of the 5th/6th of September & unfortunately these dates are not suitable for 1 of the 3 on the dates given. Only 1 person could make both dates.

We are now looking at the dates between 19th-22nd September.

Regarding the moans relating to the pies & peas, it is not compulsory that you have to eat, for those going straight from work sandwiches could be provided as an alternative if you choose. The £10 charge is not to pay for the food or a free pint, it was purely made as a charge for commitment from fans rather than having a 'free' free for all. Ashley has confirmed that the money collected on the night will go to Ashgate Hospice.

Z

Chris Turner in The Times: 'My door is always open'.

Be interested to hear why Sutcliffe can't attend a meeting on the premises of his very own enterprise, too.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 30 August 2016 - 07:12 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#2368 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:20 PM

Well it's been a week since Ashley Carson's offer to arrange a meeting.

I can understand that he has other commitments, sharing responsibilities at CFC with others at the Assay Office.

I can understand that it's been a busy twenty four, perhaps forty eight hours for Chris Turner.

I can less understand why Liam Sutcliffe would have a problem attending a meeting on the premises of the enterprise he runs.

However let's still accept the offer of a transparent and honest discussion at face value and hope 'Zorro' can soon deliver progress.

One other thing, though.

I'm led to believe Ashley Carson has 'liked' a tweet from someone calling themselves 'ShaunCFC1866' which states '...it's about time some of bob's board' got shot down. (Or just shot)'.

Pretty mindless stuff; but is 'liking' it really conducive to the supposed new relationship between fans and Club?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#2369 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:35 PM

Very badly judged if he 'liked' that Tweet.

#2370 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 01 September 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

Well it's been a week since Ashley Carson's offer to arrange a meeting.

I can understand that he has other commitments, sharing responsibilities at CFC with others at the Assay Office.

I can understand that it's been a busy twenty four, perhaps forty eight hours for Chris Turner.

I can less understand why Liam Sutcliffe would have a problem attending a meeting on the premises of the enterprise he runs.

However let's still accept the offer of a transparent and honest discussion at face value and hope 'Zorro' can soon deliver progress.

One other thing, though.

I'm led to believe Ashley Carson has 'liked' a tweet from someone calling themselves 'ShaunCFC1866' which states '...it's about time some of bob's board' got shot down. (Or just shot)'.

Pretty mindless stuff; but is 'liking' it really conducive to the supposed new relationship between fans and Club?

It's ShaunCFC1886 who doesn't like me on here for insulting the CEO and calling him Turnipe! I reckon he is mates with Carson and Co.
#notapennymore

#2371 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 01 September 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

It's ShaunCFC1886 who doesn't like me on here for insulting the CEO and calling him Turnipe! I reckon he is mates with Carson and Co.

Isn't he the one who was convicted of football related offences but was innocent according to him (he admitted it rather than the hassle of fighting it)?
If so I doubt he would be mates with any of the board?

#2372 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:03 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 01 September 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

Isn't he the one who was convicted of football related offences but was innocent according to him (he admitted it rather than the hassle of fighting it)?

Yep that's me, nice to see your back on the board.

#2373 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:09 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 01 September 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

oh come on WBS, there must be one or 2 on here ya wouldn't mind capping off,.....

personally, i'd shoot most of ya.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#2374 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:12 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 01 September 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

oh come on WBS, there must be one or 2 on here ya wouldn't mind capping off,.....

personally, i'd shoot most of ya.

Not especially no. I'd like to punch Fishini in the face now and again but I wouldn't want to see his death.

I don't doubt Carson et al hold the opinions of people on here (and by extension Chesterfield fans in general) in contempt but admitting it publicly is rather petulant and transparent.

#2375 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:24 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 01 September 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

Not especially no. I'd like to punch Fishini in the face now and again but I wouldn't want to see his death.

I don't doubt Carson et al hold the opinions of people on here (and by extension Chesterfield fans in general) in contempt but admitting it publicly is rather petulant and transparent.

That's not fair, Fishi's mellowed, now if it was Walton or Chester's a Ringer I'd understand it.......
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#2376 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:38 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 01 September 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

Wouldn't surprise me if its him.
#notapennymore

#2377 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:38 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 01 September 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

That's not fair, Fishi's mellowed, now if it was Walton or Chester's a Ringer I'd understand it.......

Walton doesn't bother me as there's usually a hint of humour hidden away. There are a couple of very stupid posters but I won't name names.

#2378 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:41 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 01 September 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

Walton doesn't bother me as there's usually a hint of humour hidden away. There are a couple of very stupid posters but I won't name names.

Only a couple ? :unsure:

#2379 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:46 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 01 September 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

Fair play, in that you won't name the stupid people, only the ones you'd like to punch in the face now and again :D

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 01 September 2016 - 06:59 PM

#notapennymore

#2380 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:47 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 01 September 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

One other thing, though.

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 01 September 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

I can see a "Joleon Lescott" defence of accidentally liking that tweet from his trouser pocket whilst driving :P

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users