Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#2281 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 25 August 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

Rob.

First of all this forum discusses all things CFC, and as CT and LS have done everything possible to associate their enterprise with the Club it's fair game.

Besides, Ashley chose to appear on a thread covering the topic.

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear you're gonna be there.

I intend to raise a number of issues and I'd like you to simply confirm or deny if the answers given tally with what you've been told.

Fair enough?

One other thing, too.

Will Carson confirm that no attempt will be made to limit who attends, what's asked or threaten legal action?

Thanks, and put my name down.

Will Carson? We're nearly into the realms of the good the bad and the ugly..how very apt.

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 25 August 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

Rob.

First of all this forum discusses all things CFC, and as CT and LS have done everything possible to associate their enterprise with the Club it's fair game.

Besides, Ashley chose to appear on a thread covering the topic.

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear you're gonna be there.

I intend to raise a number of issues and I'd like you to simply confirm or deny if the answers given tally with what you've been told.

Fair enough?

One other thing, too.

Will Carson confirm that no attempt will be made to limit who attends, what's asked or threaten legal action?

Thanks, and put my name down.

Will Carson? We're nearly into the realms of the good the bad and the ugly..how very apt.
East stand second class citizen.

#2282 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:41 PM

View PostZorro, on 25 August 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

I will try to reply to you as you may feel I maybe one of the self righteous.
I have NOT been taken in by AC or CT by their replies. I have asked lots of questions of which I have received replies. Don't think for 1 minute that my guard has dropped or others, we have people involved amongst the self righteous that know their pant size & times they have coffee breaks but we do need to try to sort out the tangle of accusations, rumours and replies.
Personally I feel that questions that have been asked have helped establish that the club itself had problems within. I also hope that the club will have taken notice and put safeguards in to protect any future mistakes happening. Maybe we have stopped or at least stabilised the 'rot' until the next issue arises.

I am my own man, I don't follow and I can certainly form my own opinions.

What a few of us have tried to do is arrange an 'open' meeting with representatives from CFC, the PPP & fans.

AC has now agreed and suggested a meeting with up to 25 concerned fans to attend. I welcome that meeting which in my eyes is just the first step.
I agree with Mike that it would not be in the benefit of the club if we were allowed to ask certain questions that have not been raised publicly before, amongst a larger audience. Therefore it may prove to be right to hold a second meeting at a later date so that 'delicate' questions could be asked.

I still think that the word SORRY would go along way in recovering the bad feelings & the damaged relationships between fan & club.

Unfortunately not everyone is going to be happy with some of the replies AC has made, so what do you want him to do next? I have never liked to think I was part of a witch hunt, my name is 'mud' in the boardroom and I am now known as a 'poo stirrer'

Should we ask the club to arrange a free public flogging of AC & CT at the Proact before the game against Wolves U21? Maybe we should make the game free entry, supply free beer and pie & peas.

We really need to find conclusions to investigations, I have other information which wouldn't be good for the club if it was released. I have more information where I haven't raised it or discussed it with the club and I see that it would be pointless to now mention it to AC.

An olive branch has been offered which I think we should accept. We should try to move on. One thing that the club will have learnt is that the fans are not stupid and shouldn't be treated as. The club will be scrutinised more than before and I think they understand that now.

It should not have been down to the fans to expose Bingham or Rafflegate, but I don't expect any forthcoming apology or statement from the club on these 2 issues.

Regarding the 25 (maximum attendees), either Nigel or myself will keep an eye out for those people who wish to attend and keep the names so that we don't have too many. First come first serve.

Z

The public flogging of CT wOuld guarantee the full house so needed.
Put me down as well, only fair after the stick I've given that I show my face to those I've questioned.
East stand second class citizen.

#2283 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:33 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 August 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

Won £500 once from a horse he was riding

#2284 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

View Postmoondog, on 25 August 2016 - 04:39 AM, said:

Steady on, you're not as daft as that surely.

The meeting isn't about being taken in all gooey eyed it's about those responsible for the "questionable enterprise" explaining themselves and addressing fans serious concerns.

You say you've read the entire thread, you will therefore be aware we've been waiting 8 months for answers to our questions. If a tenner (in reality about £3 if you are happy with a pint & pie and peas) is the price to pay then some of us care enough to stump up,

If others prefer to stay behind the keyboard that's their choice

Hurry up and get it sorted Ashley, if numbers are to be limited put me down.

Mark you are a much more patient reasonable person than me! I still can't believe Carson wants to charge a tenner! Who wants a pie and peas we want answers. Good luck I hope you have an enjoyable evening. I stick by what I believe after reading numerous threads for months now. A simple SORRY is all that is needed and a commitment that they will be more transparent with the fans in future. I'm done with the lot of them! I'll be there Saturday and will continue with my not a penny more after buying tickets. They have had their chance to reach out just seems they are now TRYING to reach out when crowds are well down pies unsold and nobody in the right mind would buy a raffle ticket or 50/50 ticket as long as Turnipe is running the show. I hope you know what you are doing. I just think the damage is done I don't trust the CEO and can't for the life of me think why the Chaiman stands by him.
#notapennymore

#2285 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:16 AM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 25 August 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

Mark you are a much more patient reasonable person than me! I still can't believe Carson wants to charge a tenner! Who wants a pie and peas we want answers. Good luck I hope you have an enjoyable evening. I stick by what I believe after reading numerous threads for months now. A simple SORRY is all that is needed and a commitment that they will be more transparent with the fans in future. I'm done with the lot of them! I'll be there Saturday and will continue with my not a penny more after buying tickets. They have had their chance to reach out just seems they are now TRYING to reach out when crowds are well down pies unsold and nobody in the right mind would buy a raffle ticket or 50/50 ticket as long as Turnipe is running the show. I hope you know what you are doing. I just think the damage is done I don't trust the CEO and can't for the life of me think why the Chaiman stands by him.

After how you dish it out on here (you aren't the only one, myself included) I would have thought you'd be at the front of the queue to jump out from behind the keyboard and attend.

I'm not disagreeing with your views either, you aren't far off in many respects

This post has been edited by CFC91: 26 August 2016 - 02:17 AM

#2286 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:34 AM

John, I'm not going along to enjoy myself. The idea of an open forum is better in my opinion than an apology which would be just words issued far too late to be accepted. The proposed forum is also a step towards the transparency you rightly say is needed. IF of course reasonable questions get honestly answered. If they don't then it will be a major step backwards.

#2287 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:20 AM

View Postmoondog, on 26 August 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

John, I'm not going along to enjoy myself. The idea of an open forum is better in my opinion than an apology which would be just words issued far too late to be accepted. The proposed forum is also a step towards the transparency you rightly say is needed. IF of course reasonable questions get honestly answered. If they don't then it will be a major step backwards.

Agreed. The ball is firmly in their court now. If they want to contradict one another, that's up to them.

Integrity, honesty and reputation is paramount in any successful relationship, certainly more so in junior football, where kids and parents are involved.

Edit - what I will say as well, it's no longer about a group of supporters who want answers and explanations, parents, sponsors and ex employees find themselves in the same position too.

This post has been edited by freelander2: 26 August 2016 - 06:25 AM

#2288 User is offline   spireite0312 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, football and maybe more football

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

Put my name down too. Thanks

#2289 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

and mine please

#2290 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

I will happily pay your £10 if it means you attend, and get chance to air some of the forthright views you hold.

The club have given us the chance to sit down and ask some of the questions we've been debating (arguing?) on here for months, a gesture that a few weeks ago looked like 'mission impossible'.

The club are trying to bidge the chasm that's appeared between "them and us" over the last few months and although I'm not engineer, surely bridges are built from both sides and meet in the middle?

#2291 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:06 AM

We have 13 names so far from fans who have confirmed an interest on here and who have sent me a PM (6 of those are the fans who have been involved with meetings and questions in the past)

I understand that the date & timing may be important to a few of you with work commitments so I will ask AC if he can give us at least 2 dates. Early September might be best so we can get the dialogue started.

I'm surprised how low the take up as been with the amount of vocal posts that have appeared. If you are scared of showing up and not wanting to put a face to your keyboard name, you could always dress up in disguise as Spiderman, Superman or the Grim Reaper. I will be wearing my cape & mask ;)

It's an ideal opportunity to ask questions and vent some of the concerns you may have.
I will list the names I've received so far and if you recognise a friend and can't get, then why not ask a friend to ask a question on your behalf.

Z
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#2292 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:16 AM

So far we have; -

Spireitenag
Moondog
Freelander2
MDCCCLXV1
Benno
GB07
Mr Happy
Clarevoyant
Andy Spireite
Mr Mercury
Spireite0312
Shaun1866
A Kick in the balls
Dim View

& myself

Z

#2293 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

View PostZorro, on 26 August 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

So far we have; -

Spireitenag
Moondog
Freelander2
MDCCCLXV1
Benno
GB07
Mr Happy
Clarevoyant
Andy Spireite
Mr Mercury
Spireite0312
Shaun1866
A Kick in the balls
Dim View

& myself

Z

I would also hope that Bonnyman, Duckysmoved & Paul Boler confirm their attendance too.

#2294 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:46 AM

View PostZorro, on 26 August 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

So far we have; -

Spireitenag
Moondog
Freelander2
MDCCCLXV1
Benno
GB07
Mr Happy
Clarevoyant
Andy Spireite
Mr Mercury
Spireite0312
Shaun1866
A Kick in the balls
Dim View

& myself

Z

and me?

#2295 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:20 PM

I think this shows just how desperate cash wise we are - we are paying for chefs and bar staff it seems. Security ?

Or is this an attempt to put off fans who will say kick off a bit.
God I hate this league.

#2296 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 26 August 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

I think this shows just how desperate cash wise we are - we are paying for chefs and bar staff it seems. Security ?

Or is this an attempt to put off fans who will say kick off a bit.

I think the charge is there to make sure the fans who go seriously want to go rather than it being free and everyone and their dog turning up and the meeting becoming unmanageable and pointless.

#2297 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:49 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 26 August 2016 - 08:44 AM, said:

I will happily pay your £10 if it means you attend, and get chance to air some of the forthright views you hold.

The club have given us the chance to sit down and ask some of the questions we've been debating (arguing?) on here for months, a gesture that a few weeks ago looked like 'mission impossible'.

The club are trying to bidge the chasm that's appeared between "them and us" over the last few months and although I'm not engineer, surely bridges are built from both sides and meet in the middle?

Thanks for the offer Sammy but it's ok. I think the meeting is a good idea just don't think they should be charging whatever food or drink may be on offer. I hope it goes well but wouldn't attend even if they paid me a tenner! I don't believe a word that comes out of the club at the moment. If the meeting takes place they are honest and transparent with their answers I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. Just don't let Turnipe off the hook he has a lot of explaining to do. It will be very interesting to see if Carson has him on a tight lead. Good luck to you all attending and let's hope Ashley Carson is true to his word about building bridges and transparency going forward.
#notapennymore

#2298 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:49 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 26 August 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

and me?

Sorry Sammy, and you. I missed it off when I went through the names.
Apologies.

Z

#2299 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:51 PM

View PostJonB, on 26 August 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

I think the charge is there to make sure the fans who go seriously want to go rather than it being free and everyone and their dog turning up and the meeting becoming unmanageable and pointless.

Perhaps the club will donate all proceeds to a local charity.
#notapennymore

#2300 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 26 August 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

Perhaps the club will donate all proceeds to a local charity.

That would be a really nice gesture
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users