Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Sunday League Thread - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sunday League Thread

#21 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Another good win this weekend to keep us in 4th. Is it me or is this season going extremely quick? After the home game with Markham this weekend we'll have just 6 games left to play and it'll only be the very start of December.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#22 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 26 November 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Another good win this weekend to keep us in 4th. Is it me or is this season going extremely quick? After the home game with Markham this weekend we'll have just 6 games left to play and it'll only be the very start of December.

Happened to us last season that we played loads prior to xmas then still ended up playing games as last as the end of March\beginning of April!! We'll probably end up playing one week, have two off.

#23 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostJonB, on 26 November 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

Happened to us last season that we played loads prior to xmas then still ended up playing games as last as the end of March\beginning of April!! We'll probably end up playing one week, have two off.

End of March? That'll mean 6 games in 4 months, that'll wreak havoc with the fitness levels. Besides with the form we are in currently we want them coming every week lol.

#24 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 26 November 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

End of March? That'll mean 6 games in 4 months, that'll wreak havoc with the fitness levels. Besides with the form we are in currently we want them coming every week lol.

Sure it was something like that in the end. Depends on who else has what to play, how they get on in cup games, weather etc. Last year where we played yesterday was our home pitch so bar the really bad weather we barely had a game called off. Not sure how the new place deals with rain etc so may struggle. Wouldnt mind us being off this Sunday as i dont think i can play.

#25 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostJonB, on 26 November 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Sure it was something like that in the end. Depends on who else has what to play, how they get on in cup games, weather etc. Last year where we played yesterday was our home pitch so bar the really bad weather we barely had a game called off. Not sure how the new place deals with rain etc so may struggle. Wouldnt mind us being off this Sunday as i dont think i can play.

I was under the impression we were in a cup but it doesnt seem to be the case. We should be due a week off soon anyhow as we've played the most games in the league although most of the others are only a game or 2 behind, I'm suprised we are playing this weekend to be fair given the number of games played.

#26 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 26 November 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

I was under the impression we were in a cup but it doesnt seem to be the case. We should be due a week off soon anyhow as we've played the most games in the league although most of the others are only a game or 2 behind, I'm suprised we are playing this weekend to be fair given the number of games played.

We are in the cup not this weekend but the weekend after. We are scheduled to play Markham Arms this weekend in the league at home, Holmebrook Tavern at home in the cup the week after then Grassmoor Sports at home on the 16th then take a break for xmas and start up again some time in Jan probably. Whether the actual weather lets us play all three games we shall see!!

The cup is the normal Sunday League cup and we are in the one that is for Divisions 7 & 8.

We never bother with the Derbyshire Cup though as its not worth the hassle!! I got fed up with that years ago having to get to Glossop for a 10:30am kick off and getting there to moans about us being late and a pitch that was frozen solid!!

This post has been edited by JonB: 26 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

#27 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostJonB, on 26 November 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

We are in the cup not this weekend but the weekend after. We are scheduled to play Markham Arms this weekend in the league at home, Holmebrook Tavern at home in the cup the week after then Grassmoor Sports at home on the 16th then take a break for xmas and start up again some time in Jan probably. Whether the actual weather lets us play all three games we shall see!!

The cup is the normal Sunday League cup and we are in the one that is for Divisions 7 & 8.

We never bother with the Derbyshire Cup though as its not worth the hassle!! I got fed up with that years ago having to get to Glossop for a 10:30am kick off and getting there to moans about us being late and a pitch that was frozen solid!!

Ah right cheers for that. Be nice to have a run of games at home for a change as we seem to be away most weeks, and those 2 league games are winnable. Guessing that Holmebrook side are the first team of the side that are just above us in this league?

#28 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 26 November 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Ah right cheers for that. Be nice to have a run of games at home for a change as we seem to be away most weeks, and those 2 league games are winnable. Guessing that Holmebrook side are the first team of the side that are just above us in this league?

I think it's the one we lost to earlier in the season when me and Sulli were up front but I could be wrong.

#29 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostJonB, on 26 November 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Wish granted, pitch was hard as a bone today there was no chance of it going ahead. Only 1 game played in our league

#30 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 02 December 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Wish granted, pitch was hard as a bone today there was no chance of it going ahead. Only 1 game played in our league

Heard it was off this morning and wasn't surprised to be honest!!

#31 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

If the temperatures don't heat up then it looks like we are done for December. Need a good downpour before Sunday to play

#32 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 07 December 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

If the temperatures don't heat up then it looks like we are done for December. Need a good downpour before Sunday to play

Forecast has it not going below freezing between now and the weekend and for it to be dry...the bigger issue could be that load of rain that came down last night. Knowing the council that could be enough for them to call all the pitches off.

#33 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

I don't suppose you know if the cup draw has been done for our next round has it Jon?

#34 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 12 December 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

I don't suppose you know if the cup draw has been done for our next round has it Jon?

Not sure to be honest. Nothing on the website so if it has been done then Jona may have heard something.

#35 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Seems we won't be playing on the 6th January, got a month off now.

#36 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 18 December 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

Seems we won't be playing on the 6th January, got a month off now.

Not a surprise seeing as we've played a few more than most sides so far this season.

#37 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Think I've just about come to terms with what happened Sunday. Not a day to remember fondly. And probably the end of my season now if we have more than 11 turn up every week. Was going ok as well before that.

#38 User is offline   BeastMode 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC, WWE, Tunes n Beer

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Not sure if This is the right place, but do any of you know of any teams looking for players? I'm 24 n not too shoddy
"There is but a plank between a Sailor and eternity"

#39 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

My lot have a friendly at home this Sunday as we have no scheduled game. Play on the pitch at the back of the Badger. Obviously i cant guarantee anything in terms of how much playing time you will get going forward but more than welcome to come along.

#40 User is offline   BeastMode 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC, WWE, Tunes n Beer

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Ah sweet, cheers mate
"There is but a plank between a Sailor and eternity"

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic