Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: 150 Year Celebration - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

150 Year Celebration RELEGATION

#21 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:59 PM

The clubs article presents the Chatsworth event as a success but I've heard the general feeling was for the price (£150 per head) the event was a total waste of money, entertainment average, with the food not being served until 9.15pm and in the "cafe" . The turnout was 125 (150 was the plan).

I can't say I'm surprised, I had the chance of getting two tickets for nowt originating from a prize winner who couldn't attend but wasn't bothered.

I'm told the club would like to put something on for the ordinary fan, I'd like to think suggestions on here will be considered.

#22 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:24 PM

View Postmoondog, on 24 October 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

The clubs article presents the Chatsworth event as a success but I've heard the general feeling was for the price (£150 per head) the event was a total waste of money, entertainment average, with the food not being served until 9.15pm and in the "cafe" . The turnout was 125 (150 was the plan).

I can't say I'm surprised, I had the chance of getting two tickets for nowt originating from a prize winner who couldn't attend but wasn't bothered.

I'm told the club would like to put something on for the ordinary fan, I'd like to think suggestions on here will be considered.

A team likely to score a goal now and again?

#23 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:41 PM

View Postmoondog, on 24 October 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

The issue I have with "the club would like to put something on for the ordinary fan" is that the gala event has been organised for around 8 months, yet they've still haven't done anything. It's not like it should have been a surprise to them, the clue is in the club's address.
I've seen a lot of tweets to Sheffield FC today saying happy 159th birthday, but I bet no one apart from a few of our fans know it's our 150th year. The lack of planning by the hierarchy at the club is deplorable and shows a complete lack of respect for the fans.
The gala in itself wasn't a bad idea, if it was taken as part of a season of events, however as seemingly the one and only event it automatically eliminates a lot of fans from being able to attend due to the cost.

#24 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:59 PM

valemadness said:

1477330891[/url]' post='1250240']
The issue I have with "the club would like to put something on for the ordinary fan" is that the gala event has been organised for around 8 months, yet they've still haven't done anything. It's not like it should have been a surprise to them, the clue is in the club's address.
I've seen a lot of tweets to Sheffield FC today saying happy 159th birthday, but I bet no one apart from a few of our fans know it's our 150th year. The lack of planning by the hierarchy at the club is deplorable and shows a complete lack of respect for the fans.
The gala in itself wasn't a bad idea, if it was taken as part of a season of events, however as seemingly the one and only event it automatically eliminates a lot of fans from being able to attend due to the cost.

Only thing certain is relegation !!!

#25 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:00 PM

I'd be happy with celebrating 150 years by winning a game of football, next home match will be fine.

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 24 October 2016 - 06:09 PM

Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#26 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:06 PM

Something for the average fan then will probably get tied in with the player of the year doo, kill 2 birds with 1 stone and all that but just not have the awards as there will be no need to celebrate failure

#27 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

View PostTyrion, on 24 October 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

Something for the average fan then will probably get tied in with the player of the year doo, kill 2 birds with 1 stone and all that but just not have the awards as there will be no need to celebrate failure

Not being funny, but at £75 a head for the poty it's not exactly something for the family. £300 for a family of 4 + drinks?

#28 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:18 PM

So with 2 months left of the 150th year the club is thinking about doing something for the average fan
Thanks, but given present circumstances I will save my money
Have passport will travel

#29 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:20 PM

Saw something about Kev Keegan and Lee Sharpe- is that an anniversary ting?

#30 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:20 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 24 October 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

So with 2 months left of the 150th year the club is thinking about doing something for the average fan

2 months left or does it run until the end of the season?
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#31 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:23 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 24 October 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

No.

#32 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 24 October 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

I don't think the fans have an appetite for spending anymore of their hard-earned on the club and I reckon those in charge realise this too, hence nothing is happening. I know I'm not prepared to spend anymore at the moment.

Maybe us as fans could arrange our own 150th celebration at a neutral event, ie The Winding Wheel where it would be great to have some former players, managers, memorabilia, photos, videos, interviews from our past, followed by a dinner & dance? I'd be up for it. Do we know anybody who could organise it? Thoughts?

Footnote, maybe we could invite Cooky as guest speaker? ;)

This post has been edited by Maverick: 24 October 2016 - 06:37 PM

#33 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:36 PM

View PostMaverick, on 24 October 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

I don't think the fans have an appetite for spending anymore of their hard-earned on the club and I reckon those in charge realise this too, hence nothing is happening. I know I'm not prepared to spend anymore at the moment.

Maybe us as fans could arrange our own 150th celebration at a neutral event, ie The Winding Wheel where it would be great to have some former players, managers, memorabilia, photos, videos, interviews from our past, followed by a dinner & dance? I'd be up for it. Do we know anybody who could organise it? Thoughts?

I tbink you are right.

The community trust ?

#34 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:37 PM

I like the idea, and all profits could go to Ernie Moss fund.
Have passport will travel

#35 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:37 PM

Footnote, maybe we could invite Cooky as guest speaker? ;)

Dinner and Dance? More like pie and peas :)

#36 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:38 PM

View Postmoondog, on 24 October 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

The community trust ?

I was thinking exactly that, with all profits going there too.

#37 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:27 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 24 October 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

No,and although both are at the club, neither are football club events, organised by other organisations using the club's facilities.

Again, looking at the Proact Stadium events pages you'd be forgiven for wondering if there is ANY events planned

http://www.proact-st....uk/events.aspx

And God forbid anyone clicks on the 'stadium events' link on the official page:

http://www.chesterfi....uk/commercial/

#38 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:03 AM

I'd certainly be interested in an independently organised event.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#39 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:09 AM

With the added bonus of it embarrassing the club, should certain people be capable of such emotion.

#40 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:33 AM

Bankrobber said:

1477357433[/url]' post='1250436']
I'd certainly be interested in an independently organised event.

With you on that

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users