Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: First, worst and best - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

First, worst and best

#21 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:01 AM

First - 1993/4 season v Wycombe - Lost 3-2 and followed that with a visit on New Years Day v Shrewsbury. Lost 1-0 and Chris Marples was injured in the process of conceding a goal.

Worst - Think it was 1997/8 FA Cup 2nd Round Replay. Freezing Cold December Night and well beaten by Grimsby Town (Were i have lived since 1993) after coming from 2-0 down at there place to 2-2 and bring them back to Saltergate.

Best - 97' Either Notts Forest or Wrexham in the FA Cup. Close to that though was the 2000/01 season, first game i remember beating someone 4-1. Sean parrish scored from near on the halfway line. The optomism around the place at that time was electric, almost like these days but that didn't work out too well for us did it?

#22 User is offline   jamie_bolsover 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Town n That, Rock Music, Punk, Folk Music, Ale, Whisky.

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

View Posts7eve, on Aug 15 2010, 02:04 AM, said:

First - 1993/4 season v Wycombe - Lost 3-2 and followed that with a visit on New Years Day v Shrewsbury. Lost 1-0 and Chris Marples was injured in the process of conceding a goal.

Worst - Think it was 1997/8 FA Cup 2nd Round Replay. Freezing Cold December Night and well beaten by Grimsby Town (Were i have lived since 1993) after coming from 2-0 down at there place to 2-2 and bring them back to Saltergate.

Best - 97' Either Notts Forest or Wrexham in the FA Cup. Close to that though was the 2000/01 season, first game i remember beating someone 4-1. Sean parrish scored from near on the halfway line. The optomism around the place at that time was electric, almost like these days but that didn't work out too well for us did it?

Think the Parrish game was Shrewsbury?? without checking but I can remember the goal like yesterday, into the Cross Street goal, although I saw one from further, Jim Brown v Stockport 83/84 !!!

The optimisim you mention at that time was the biggest 'false dawn' in history!!
"one day, we shall return"

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users