Chris Turner

#141 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

View Postspireman, on 24 July 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

What a load of rubbish
1. Do you know how much profit, all fotball works on performance rewards. This would have been agreed in contracts before the start of the season.
2.Do tescos tell their shareholders the day to day details, most shareholders are only interested in dividends, not how they are made. As DA is the major shareholder I'm sure he talks to himself.
3. Financial mismanagement???, it seems they are being prudent in current difficult times.

I'd add to my 'rubbish.'

Have you any shares? Have you ever been to a shareholders meeting? The shareholders ask the chairman some pretty tough questions especially if the company is not performing. Importantly, they want answers because share dividends are income.

Yes, shareholders are interested in dividends but these depend on a well run company providing good capital growth and percentage dividend increases. Even where dividends are not payable, shareholders are looking for sound management because a badly run company sees it's share price fall.

Your right, we don't need to know what the performance bonus's and day to day details are. All we need to know is the published finances at the end of the financial year, although the club's published reports do hide a great deal of expenditure; players' bonuses and income from PRO-ACT sponsorship for example. Not even shareholders know these. To suggest that the club was financially prudent. however, flies in face of all we been told.

It's not performance bonus's per se that are at fault but cost of them. Faults also reside in attendance projections that were too optimistic. Both these appear to be facts. The club won't admit financial mismanagement of course, it's up to the shareholders to bring it to their attention.

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 24 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

#142 User is offline   spireman 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Think you've answered your own queries, who says the companies not performing. Accounts always look backward and shareholders questions would reflect this. The seasons not started yet the doom on this board is sraggering. The verdict on success of the company will be in May 2015, you will be able to ask questions then.

I may be corrected but I dont think Rotherham made many major signings last summer, they developed during the season.

Theres no reason why we cant do this.

#143 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

View Postspireman, on 24 July 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

Think you've answered your own queries, who says the companies not performing. Accounts always look backward and shareholders questions would reflect this. The seasons not started yet the doom on this board is sraggering. The verdict on success of the company will be in May 2015, you will be able to ask questions then.

I may be corrected but I dont think Rotherham made many major signings last summer, they developed during the season.

We've no flipping cash.

The DT article clearly states that it believes DA had to inject additional funding this month to ensure staff & suppliers are paid..

#144 User is offline   the original blue pill 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 24 July 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

We've no flipping cash.

The DT article clearly states that it believes DA had to inject additional funding this month to ensure staff & suppliers are paid..

If this is true then the alarm bells may be ringing loud & proud..

4 HOURS OF SHEER HEAVEN,STIFF AS A BOARD BABY HA HA

#145 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Of course there is a reason. Rotherham's chairman has a hopper dropping cash into the club non stop, funding the club way beyond its own sustainable level.

Our chairman has said enough is enough.

#146 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

We've no flipping cash.

cfc have just sold 4.5k season tickets I don't think there short yet

#147 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 24 July 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

You would hope not depends what all the outgoings expenses signing on fees for contract extensions are
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#148 User is offline   daveblakey 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Just hit my 65 year as a supporter.Season ticket holder,CFSS life member ,founder member.CFC mad.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

Chris Turner said around 4K.

#149 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

View Postdaveblakey, on 24 July 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

Chris Turner said around 4K.

He also said 3000 turned up at the Party at the Proact

Music Fans Flock to the Proact
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#150 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

what part of "CFC are skint" are you struggling with? I`ll help you out where possible.
A new hope.

#151 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

and that money has already gone - its been spent on wages.

Its not enough to cover the season, so we are now in a position where the bank balance is £0 - and we will be living hand to mouth, game to game, relying on getting more than 7000 - 7500 - 8000 depending on which part of Turners quote you choose to be the real figure.

I don't think, by the end of the season we will be in a worse position - unless it turns out to be an absolute disaster. I don't think it will be - the squad is IMO good enough,, barring some serious long term injuries - we have enough in the back 4 and midfield to pull us through - and hopefully Doyle can carry on his improvement.

It really is fingers crossed though.

View PostWebster, on 24 July 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

he hasn't got a f*****g clue on numbers.
A new hope.

#152 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

We've no flipping cash.

Promoted as Champions, Wembley final appearance, two summer concerts .yet we are struggling to pay the bills..someone wants SACKING.
East stand second class citizen.

#153 User is offline   meowdmucker 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostWebster, on 24 July 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

Well maybe he gave 2500 tickets away to his mates so they dont count. Goodness knows, but as a front man for the club he does them no favours at all.

#154 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 July 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

Promoted as Champions, Wembley final appearance, two summer concerts .yet we are struggling to pay the bills..someone wants SACKING.

and if we are that skint going into the season, how come we were in talks with a £4000 a week striker? Its utter nonsense.
A new hope.

#155 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 25 July 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

and if we are that skint going into the season, how come we were in talks with a £4000 a week striker? Its utter nonsense.

I hope we don't get a reputation as 'time wasters' from Higdon's agent at the Agents' Christmas Party
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#156 User is offline   Dreaming Spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:First CFC match was in 1960 when I was 11 and have been hooked ever since. Always dreamed about seeing the lads win at Wembley and play in the second tier of the league and in a new stadium .... So, two out of three ain't bad !

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 July 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

Yes, it really baffles me, to be honest ....
If we assume an average season ticket price of say £ 300 each and we have apparently sold 4,500 + then this equates to around £1.35 million !
..... and we are struggling to pay the bills ???

I just don't understand how this can happen. It is strange .... and very worrying !

CT has told us that DA is "keeping this club going" and has had to put money in recently or "the staff would not have been paid" ..... Or, in other words they have a cash flow problem.
.... But the club has just had about £ 1.35 million ' FLOW IN ' from ST sales !!!!!

Sorry, but I just don't understand his reasoning.

This post has been edited by Dreaming Spire: 25 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

#157 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostDreaming Spire, on 25 July 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

Yes, it really baffles me, to be honest ....
If we assume an average season ticket price of say £ 300 each and we have apparently sold 4,500 + then this equates to around £1.35 million !
..... and we are struggling to pay the bills ???

I just don't understand how this can happen. It is strange .... and very worrying !

Think you've gone the Turner school of maths with those figures
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#158 User is offline   Dreaming Spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:First CFC match was in 1960 when I was 11 and have been hooked ever since. Always dreamed about seeing the lads win at Wembley and play in the second tier of the league and in a new stadium .... So, two out of three ain't bad !

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

View Postazul, on 25 July 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

Think you've gone the Turner school of maths with those figures

Well, it's a guess, yes .... But what do you think the ST sales amount to ? I stand to be corrected here.

Anyway .... The point I am making is that the club has received AN AWFUL LOT OF MONEY recently.

This post has been edited by Dreaming Spire: 25 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

#159 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostDreaming Spire, on 25 July 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Well, it's a guess, yes .... But what do you think the ST sales amount to ? I stand to be corrected here.

The club said on the website around 4000 a couple of weeks ago. I take that as between 3900 and 4100 and I can't see many more being sold now, can you?

Think the average price might be a bit high as well.

One thing fore sure is that if DA is putting funds into just keep the club afloat as reported just after receiving all that season ticket money, there is only one way this is heading.

I don't actually believe it though and it is probably derived from more loose talk by CT. Here's hoping anyway, and if it is then it's time to get rid of him.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#160 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Maybe we could throw wet sponges at him at H/T £1 a throw
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • « First