• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unite to Survive

#1 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:21 PM

I'm as disillusioned as anyone with our performances but the following article strikes a bit of a chord:

Boss Coleman makes plea to fans

Accrington Stanley boss John Coleman is urging the club's fans to help keep his side in the Football League.
Coleman admitted that it had been "like a morgue" at times during Stanley's 1-1 draw with Bristol Rovers on Tuesday.

"I know the fans need inspiring and they need something to spark them but they have got to get behind us and will us on to win at home," said Coleman.

"We've got five big home games coming up and the people of the town have got to come out and drive us home."

There's nothing to gain from getting on the manager and/or players' backs between now and the end of the season, so how's about we unite and give the team our vocal support. Now is not the time for recriminations...
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#2 User is offline   cfcfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 7 2007, 02:21 PM, said:

I'm as disillusioned as anyone with our performances but the following article strikes a bit of a chord:

Boss Coleman makes plea to fans

Accrington Stanley boss John Coleman is urging the club's fans to help keep his side in the Football League.
Coleman admitted that it had been "like a morgue" at times during Stanley's 1-1 draw with Bristol Rovers on Tuesday.

"I know the fans need inspiring and they need something to spark them but they have got to get behind us and will us on to win at home," said Coleman.

"We've got five big home games coming up and the people of the town have got to come out and drive us home."

There's nothing to gain from getting on the manager and/or players' backs between now and the end of the season, so how's about we unite and give the team our vocal support. Now is not the time for recriminations...

as long as we see something in return

#3 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

its all about supply and demand.

#4 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:35 PM

See where your coming from Mac but what if you want McFarland to go. If as suggested the players are only good enough when the fans support them (poor mites) then surely by shouting one could help save his job.

How does one tread the line of supporting the club so we dont get relegated but still articulate that they dont want McFarland in charge next season?

This post has been edited by Town_Fan: 07 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#5 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:41 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Mar 7 2007, 02:35 PM, said:

See where your coming from Mac but what if you want McFarland to go. If as suggested the players are only good enough when the fans support them (poor mites) then surely by shouting one could help save his job.

How does one tread the line of supporting the club so we dont get relegated but still articulate that they dont want McFarland in charge next season?

lets get the first half before worrying about the second.unless of course your dislike for mcf outways your desire for the club to stop up in which case may i suggest; stop away.

#6 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

I think he will leave at the end of the season. I suspect he's been allowed to wind down his involvement and that's brought into sharper focus the abilities (or lack thereof) of those around him. I've long believed that Rico has been groomed to succeed RM and the thought of him taking the reins full time is for me even scarier than RM staying on. Better the devil you know as far as I'm concerened, until we take stock come May.

At least if we are presently witnessing a gradual behind the scenes handover of responsibility, then those in the corridors of power have had a useful preview of things to come. Maybe their well-intentioned attempt at succession planning is in need a major re-think...

#7 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

View Postmr. smith, on Mar 7 2007, 02:41 PM, said:

lets get the first half before worrying about the second.unless of course your dislike for mcf outways your desire for the club to stop up in which case may i suggest; stop away.

Not at all, I just want an end to the crap served up at Tranmere and since McFarland has been here those kind of performances have been all to apparent. I hope we stay up and whilst some might see us staying up as an achievement for the overall future of the club imho it will be a backwards step to keep him on. Season ticket sales would be affected once more and the cycle would continue.

This post has been edited by Town_Fan: 07 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

#8 User is offline   PACCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:00 PM

See where your coming from Mac but what if you want McFarland to go. If as suggested the players are only good enough when the fans support them (poor mites) then surely by shouting one could help save his job.How does one tread the line of supporting the club so we dont get relegated but still articulate that they dont want McFarland in charge next season?

The most important thing for the fans is to stop in League 1 and if Mac thinks that getting behind the PLAYERS is an encouragement to stay it is a risk we (fans) must take.

Once safety is achieved or if we stay up then try and change the boards or Macs mind about the man in charge.

I 100% see your point though and as ive said before we are the ones that will be back next season as players and managers come and go whatever division we are in.

Lets have suggestions from 1 and all about supporting the players without Mac deciding to stay or that the support is for him.

Are you going tonight TF?

#9 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:10 PM

View PostPACCFC, on Mar 7 2007, 04:00 PM, said:

Lets have suggestions from 1 and all about supporting the players without Mac deciding to stay or that the support is for him.

Are you going tonight TF?

RM's future is merely a pimple on the club's bottom compared to us staying in this division. My suggestion is we support the team 100% and put aside the managerial issue until the season's over. Believe me, RM will walk away then, he's too long in the tooth for the aggro he's facing now. Thankless task? You bet..

#10 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:18 PM

To me it is beyond belief that a supporter would want us to lose just to get the manager out although I do remember Craig Thomas hating Duncan so much that he wanted us to lose at OT.
The beauty of the game is that we all think we know best. Who to pick and in what formation etc. We all have our favourites but at the end of the day surely the whole point is that we want whoever is wearing the shirt or managing the team to win every match and win the Champions League. How can any of us say that it will be better to go down or sack the manager or not go up or whatever. If we go down we may never come back. Potential investors may not invest and we don't get the new ground.
Unite to survive. Whatever happens tonight I am sure that the management team and the players will be giving everything. We should too.

This post has been edited by johnd51: 07 March 2007 - 04:31 PM

#11 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

The lads will be well supported tonight.They will be urged on by the faithful.If offered Id take a point tonight[cant see us scoring on current form] and three on saturday.SEE YOU THERE!
Many a good tune

#12 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

View Postjohnd51, on Mar 7 2007, 04:18 PM, said:

To me it is beyond belief that a supporter would want us to lose just to get the manager out although I do remember Craig Thomas hating Duncan so much that he wanted us to lose at OT.
The beauty of the game is that we all think we know best. Who to pick and in what formation etc. We all have our favourites but at the end of the day surely the whole point is that we want whoever is wearing the shirt or managing the team to win every match and win the Champions League. How can any of us say that it will be better to go down or sack the manager or not go up or whatever. If we go down we may never come back. Potential investors may not invest and we don't get the new ground.
Unite to survive. Whatever happens tonight I am sure that the management team and the players will be giving everything. We should too.

Just to clarify I want us to win but i want McFarland to go and I'm inclined to agree that he will at the end of the season. This club needs a lift and a contract renewal for him wont be it no matter how some might try to spin it.

#13 User is offline   PACCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Mar 7 2007, 05:18 PM, said:

Just to clarify I want us to win but i want McFarland to go and I'm inclined to agree that he will at the end of the season. This club needs a lift and a contract renewal for him wont be it no matter how some might try to spin it.

When does his contract end?

#14 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:28 PM

View PostPACCFC, on Mar 7 2007, 05:20 PM, said:

When does his contract end?

At the end of the season. Yes I will be going tonight btw mate.

#15 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:36 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 7 2007, 02:48 PM, said:

. I've long believed that Rico has been groomed to succeed RM and the thought of him taking the reins full time is for me even scarier than RM staying on.

It scares the shittu out of me too
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#16 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:10 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 7 2007, 04:10 PM, said:

RM's future is merely a pimple on the club's bottom compared to us staying in this division. My suggestion is we support the team 100% and put aside the managerial issue until the season's over. Believe me, RM will walk away then, he's too long in the tooth for the aggro he's facing now. Thankless task? You bet..

in my line of work, when recruiting we look for people with experience.

we need someone who has a proven record of grinding out result from rubbish rescources.

who would you want (realistic) to do it?

as much as i hate the style of play, i`d be tempted to give ian atkins a one year deal. proven record as a "fire fighter". or even johnny negative back at the helm.

cant afford to take a risk with a "rookie". we have no money to put things right.
A new hope.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users