Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Jackson Sacked - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jackson Sacked When will our announcement be?

#1 User is offline   paulwardle 

• PMW
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:52 PM

Peter Jackson sacked by huddersfield this a.m.

#2 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:58 PM

View Postpaulwardle, on Mar 6 2007, 01:52 PM, said:

Peter Jackson sacked by huddersfield this a.m.

Far greater expectations at the Galpharm. They ought to be in or around the play-offs as a minimum.

By comparison, we fail to give our manager anything resembling a competitive budget and we're pretty much a division ABOVE where we should be.

That said, I recommend your frustrations be directed elsewhere...
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#3 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:06 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 6 2007, 01:58 PM, said:

Far greater expectations at the Galpharm. They ought to be in or around the play-offs as a minimum.

By comparison, we fail to give our manager anything resembling a competitive budget and we're pretty much a division ABOVE where we should be.

my sentiments exactly.
A new hope.

#4 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:16 PM

when will people learn to read ;)

#5 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:43 PM

The lack of a 'competitive budget' is not the only reason for our predicament. Making use of what we've got IS, and our management team are not doing that otherwise our results wouldn't be so inconsistent. For example, how can we beat Oldham, Blackpool comprehensively and then lose pathetically to Brighton, Bournemouth and Brentford? Our 'pitiful budget' has funded a team that can be very competitive when it wants to be and when its not you have to question why? And I would start by asking the management team?
I'm embarrassed by the actions of those who run my club.

#6 User is offline   Phil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Mar 6 2007, 03:43 PM, said:

The lack of a 'competitive budget' is not the only reason for our predicament. Making use of what we've got IS, and our management team are not doing that otherwise our results wouldn't be so inconsistent. For example, how can we beat Oldham, Blackpool comprehensively and then lose pathetically to Brighton, Bournemouth and Brentford? Our 'pitiful budget' has funded a team that can be very competitive when it wants to be and when its not you have to question why? And I would start by asking the management team?

Very true , the lack of budget sometimes can be made as an excuse for other failings.

#7 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

I share your misgivings, but there's little point in ousting the manager now. We'd struggle to have a new man in place before mid April (unless we appoint his unpopular assistant) and by then our fate will probably be all but decided. There will be a change in the summer.

Our pitiful budget means the squad is too small to have competition in all positions. This allows players to coast as there's no real pressure for their starting place. I can't come up with any other explanation for our inconsistency - its been the source of enormous frustration to me throughout this season. On our day, we're as good as most teams in this league, but disappointingly our league position tells a far different story..

#8 User is offline   paulwardle 

• PMW
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:48 PM

Scunny. Need I say more. What's the saying "a bad workman blames his tools".

#9 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:53 PM

View Postpaulwardle, on Mar 6 2007, 04:48 PM, said:

Exactly what i have beeen saying all along,the tools in our case are the players :wacko:

#10 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

And you have an in-depth knowledge of Scunny's budget I take it?

A workman equipped with poorer tools than his fellow workmen might cope quite well for a while, but you'd have to be pretty naive to expect him to cope well indefinitely. The handicap would eventually catch up with him over time. At which point you could justifiably vent your anger at the person or persons responsible for supplying him with rubbish tools..

#11 User is offline   Jonno 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

Scunny had Sharp and Keogh who are arguably amongst the two best forwards outside the Prem. We can hardly compare ourselves to them can we?

#12 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:25 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 6 2007, 04:07 PM, said:

I share your misgivings, but there's little point in ousting the manager now.

If we are confident Mac will keep us up, then I'd agree with you. If we're not confident, then we have nothing to lose by replacing him now. To put it bluntly, something has to change, either our performances, results or 'management' otherwise we will go down and if we do, I'd suggest the drop in revenue could scupper the new ground and without a new ground our ambitions for the future will be set back years (even more years!) This is probably the most crucial battle we have faced since CFSS fought to save the club in 2001 and we cannot afford to lose. I'm not expecting a victory tomorrow night, but if we don't collect 3 points from Orient on Saturday then Mac & Ricco should be replaced without further question.

#13 User is offline   BigBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:26 PM

Our manager will never be given a competitive budget, until we get some new blood in at board level Hubbard and his cohorts arent going to dip there hands in there pockets.
The thing with Macfarland is that at least 50% of supporters have had enough of him, he's been given sod all and he's achieved sod all! By all means wait till the summer before getting rid of him (cheaper in the long run as his contract is up).
Its Macfarlands team, so he has to take the flack.
You wouldnt actually mind if he even after all the years he has had here, actually knew what his team was doing on a matchday, No one else does.
Stay up or go down Mac's not got to be manager next season or the crowds will be even lower.

This post has been edited by philspire: 06 March 2007 - 05:28 PM

#14 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:35 PM

View Postphilspire, on Mar 6 2007, 05:26 PM, said:

Our manager will never be given a competitive budget, until we get some new blood in at board level Hubbard and his cohorts arent going to dip there hands in there pockets.
The thing with Macfarland is that at least 50% of supporters have had enough of him, he's been given sod all and he's achieved sod all! By all means wait till the summer before getting rid of him (cheaper in the long run as his contract is up).
Its Macfarlands team, so he has to take the flack.
You wouldnt actually mind if he even after all the years he has had here, actually knew what his team was doing on a matchday, No one else does.
Stay up or go down Mac's not got to be manager next season or the crowds will be even lower.

I'd say less than 50% have had enough of him. They have had more than enough of our endless struggles, but its pretty unfair to blame that entirely on the manager. In many ways, he's as much a victim as we are and has done a half decent job of deflecting entirely justified criticism away from CFSS and Hubbard & chums for longer than they could realistically have hoped for.

Changing the manager right now might make a few deluded souls feel temporarily better, but the harsh reality would soon come home to roost. We're never going to do anything other than struggle unless strenuous efforts are made to strengthen any manager of CFC's hand. And whilst strenuous efforts have been called for, those charged with ruining running our club have for far too long been doing little more than removing the fluff from their collective belly buttons..

This post has been edited by Balearic Mac: 06 March 2007 - 05:38 PM

#15 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:46 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 6 2007, 05:35 PM, said:

Changing the manager right now might make a few deluded souls feel temporarily better

I'd suggest the 'deluded souls' are the ones who believe that by leaving things as they are, things will get better by themselves.

For me, the management's last chance is Saturday v Orient. If we don't win that then how can anyone believe that they are capable of keeping us up?

#16 User is offline   Phil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:54 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Mar 6 2007, 05:46 PM, said:

I'd suggest the 'deluded souls' are the ones who believe that by leaving things as they are, things will get better by themselves.

For me, the management's last chance is Saturday v Orient. If we don't win that then how can anyone believe that they are capable of keeping us up?

Agreed, if we lose our next two games and then we still have no changes , for me it will clarify the direction the club is going in.

#17 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Mar 6 2007, 05:46 PM, said:

There's no right or wrong answer. Who'd have thought we would have survived against Luton? Not many. RM, for all his failings, has been there and got the T Shirt. He will leave in the summer with us still in league 1 if we all hold our nerve.

#18 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:01 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 6 2007, 05:56 PM, said:

There's no right or wrong answer. Who'd have thought we would have survived against Luton? Not many. RM, for all his failings, has been there and got the T Shirt. He will leave in the summer with us still in league 1 if we all hold our nerve.

Who would have thought that some of the people on this board, had they been running the club, wanted to give Mac an extended contract earlier in the year and now.............

If they had given him an extra two years they really would be moaning now. Seems strange they abuse the board for not sacking him but would have backed giving him an extended contract a few months ago.

There is nowt stranger than folk as they say

#19 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:17 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Mar 6 2007, 06:01 PM, said:

Who would have thought that some of the people on this board, had they been running the club, wanted to give Mac an extended contract earlier in the year and now.............

If they had given him an extra two years they really would be moaning now. Seems strange they abuse the board for not sacking him but would have backed giving him an extended contract a few months ago.

There is nowt stranger than folk as they say

i for one still believe he is doing a decent job with pitifull resources.

lets assume we get draws away at northants and cheltenham, and win against leyton, gillingham ,bradford, draw crewe and donny. 13 points, and crucialy taking points away from our rivals....that will keep us up.

given the budget, i`d say thats a job well done. so why not offer another year?
A new hope.

#20 User is offline   Blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:56 PM

Nice to see in this day and age that someone who has a much worse record than Jackson is nice and safe in a cosy job!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users