Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Reading Roys Comments - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reading Roys Comments few points (sorry)

#1 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:16 AM

We had our chance, didn't we?

yes we had 2 shots on target all game. Its not good enough.

Rochey was there when he needed to be and we did block one or two of their chances

was my motm if im honest

For the first ten minutes of the second half we livened up and had the better of the exchanges

but we still only had 1 shot in the 2nd half and that hit the post

We were quite ineffective, to be fair

to be fair we were shocking up front. i could have sworn the formation was swapped about 5 times between 4-5-1 and 4-4-2. No wonder Larkin wasn't getting anywhere

Our firepower is struggling at the moment

no ****. what is he doing to resolve this because i dont beleive for one second he has enquired about more than one player.

The longer we keep playing like this, the more problems we think we're going to have

simple we play better football on the floor instead of in the air. we have 3 players that are any good in the air - Allison, Grimaldi & Downes the rest get beaten constantly in the air. when its on the deck we look a better team; a more resiliant team.

We missed Derek; he gets criticised

by who? never seen anyone criticise his work effort.

i know alot of you wont agree with what i've put but thats my honest opinion

#2 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:38 AM

It may be worth noting that RMs comments for public consumption are a world apart from those expressed where they should be, privately to the players. Don't try to read too much into such things, there's little he can say that we've not heard a thousand times before.

The real battle will be won or lost on the pitch, thats where a manager in RMs position will earn his corn, not engaging in the meaningless waffle of another one of Geoff Mitchell's pointless interviews.

I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but dissecting the manager's comments after an expected defeat against a team with infinitely better resources is pretty futile. Save your energy for Wednesday night - I think we might need it...

This post has been edited by Balearic Mac: 06 March 2007 - 09:41 AM

"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#3 User is offline   Eddie63 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:27 AM

what roy says on radio and the performances on the pitch are all we have to go on ,so that is what people will talk about.For me Roy is getting desperate when he starts namiing players in his post match coments like he did talking about HOLMES ive only been to home games and as yet not seen him do very much yet Roy still picks him.My message is actions speak loader than words ,if he is not doing the job drop him.

#4 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:33 AM

View PostEddie63, on Mar 6 2007, 10:27 AM, said:

what roy says on radio and the performances on the pitch are all we have to go on ,so that is what people will talk about.For me Roy is getting desperate when he starts namiing players in his post match coments like he did talking about HOLMES ive only been to home games and as yet not seen him do very much yet Roy still picks him.My message is actions speak loader than words ,if he is not doing the job drop him.

And replace with who ????

This is the problem with a small squad no players are under any pressure of losing their place.

#5 User is offline   Eddie63 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Mar 6 2007, 10:33 AM, said:

And replace with who ????

This is the problem with a small squad no players are under any pressure of losing their place.

what about Gaz Davies at least he will tackle for the ball.Hall on left Jackson on right.

#6 User is offline   PACCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:44 AM

View PostEddie63, on Mar 6 2007, 10:39 AM, said:

what about Gaz Davies at least he will tackle for the ball.Hall on left Jackson on right.

I dont think Hall is as effective on the left as he is on the right and I think Jackson should play up front.

I would probably play Davies in the centre of midfield but I dont know who I would drop - maybe Allott rather than Niven.

#7 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:50 AM

hall on bench hardly performed this season.

Holmes has been good just used as a scapegoat for his own inability to judge a performance

#8 User is offline   Eddie63 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:52 AM

our best results this season have come when we take the opposition by suprise how about downes up front and bring Hazel back in defence ?not as daft as it may first sound lol

#9 User is offline   PACCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:55 AM

View PostEddie63, on Mar 6 2007, 10:52 AM, said:

our best results this season have come when we take the opposition by suprise how about downes up front and bring Hazel back in defence ?not as daft as it may first sound lol

We know he can score with his head atleast.

Or even next season Janos at the back with Grimaldi and Downes upfront with Ward.

#10 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:01 AM

One of the good things about this management team is the number of excellent players they have brought into the club. However it does frustrate me as a Gareth Davies fan is the number of distinctly ordinary players who have also been brought in and usually given the the selection nod before Davies.
This season alone we have had Holmes, Hughes and Standing none of whom are really good enough. Previously we had Jordan Fowler and we have tried Picken in midfield as well as Grimaldi.
I would be the first to admit that Gareth is never going to play for England but in my view he has never let us down and would benefit from an extended run in the team or be the recognised choice when one of the first eleven at full back or midfield is injured or suspended. I don't see Davies every day in training but why give him a 2 year contract and then not play him. The same applies to a certain extent to Adam who is miles off being the finished article but is much more likely to create a chance than Holmes who is slower than me and is just the sort of player you see at teams who are going down. Hursty was also inconsistent but we are really missing him (probably more than Caleb) and given the continuing failure to bring anyone in Smith is the one player in the squad who can do something a bit out of the ordinary to create a chance

#11 User is offline   pickoCFC 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Town Town and more Town!

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:44 AM

View Postjohnd51, on Mar 6 2007, 11:01 AM, said:

One of the good things about this management team is the number of excellent players they have brought into the club. However it does frustrate me as a Gareth Davies fan is the number of distinctly ordinary players who have also been brought in and usually given the the selection nod before Davies.
This season alone we have had Holmes, Hughes and Standing none of whom are really good enough. Previously we had Jordan Fowler and we have tried Picken in midfield as well as Grimaldi.
I would be the first to admit that Gareth is never going to play for England but in my view he has never let us down and would benefit from an extended run in the team or be the recognised choice when one of the first eleven at full back or midfield is injured or suspended. I don't see Davies every day in training but why give him a 2 year contract and then not play him. The same applies to a certain extent to Adam who is miles off being the finished article but is much more likely to create a chance than Holmes who is slower than me and is just the sort of player you see at teams who are going down. Hursty was also inconsistent but we are really missing him (probably more than Caleb) and given the continuing failure to bring anyone in Smith is the one player in the squad who can do something a bit out of the ordinary to create a chance

Totally agree with this with the exception of Holmes comment, good footballer in my opinion & should play in middle alongside Niven.
When Niven was suspended Davies should have come in and not messed with the rest of the line-up.
Smith last season won us games at home vs Bradford (last min winner), away vs Yeovil (came on at half time for Hurst, scored 2 & hit bar in last min) & Blackpool away (created 2 goals & ran their defence ragged)
He will create so he must be given a fair chance. Id even try him up front

#12 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:59 PM

Bad news now about Smithy. Even more vital that we get someone in. Please see my comments last season re increase in crowds if we sign a decent forward. 100 extra through the gate at an average of £10 for the 6 remaining home matches is £6000. Surely that would pay our share of the wages of a loan player.
This simple sum ignores the incalculable costs of being relegated!

#13 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 6 2007, 09:16 AM, said:

yes we had 2 shots on target all game. Its not good enough.

was my motm if im honest

but we still only had 1 shot in the 2nd half and that hit the post

to be fair we were shocking up front. i could have sworn the formation was swapped about 5 times between 4-5-1 and 4-4-2. No wonder Larkin wasn't getting anywhere

no ****. what is he doing to resolve this because i dont beleive for one second he has enquired about more than one player.

simple we play better football on the floor instead of in the air. we have 3 players that are any good in the air - Allison, Grimaldi & Downes the rest get beaten constantly in the air. when its on the deck we look a better team; a more resiliant team.

by who? never seen anyone criticise his work effort.
i know alot of you wont agree with what i've put but thats my honest opinion

Well you have sarcastically agreed with most of Mac said and for someone that says Mac never changes anything you have said we changed formation mid game 5 times.

#14 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:57 PM

Hall on left Jackson on right.

:wacko:

hall, for all his quality doesnt seem interested, so switching him to the right wont help. jackson, isnt ready physically and would be crucified by our boo-boys within half a game.

roy sees the players every day, and if he constantly brings in players to play in front of smith and davies, what does that tell you about those two young men?
A new hope.

#15 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:13 PM

Totally agree. Excellent summing up. Timing might have been a bit better though in view of the bad news re Smith.

#16 User is offline   SpireKop 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Gym, Bit more football.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:17 PM

View PostPACCFC, on Mar 6 2007, 10:55 AM, said:

We know he can score with his head atleast.

Or even next season Janos at the back with Grimaldi and Downes upfront with Ward.

Suprised if he is still here!
Blue Army, Blue Army!

#17 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:25 PM

View Postdeath, on Mar 6 2007, 05:57 PM, said:

:lol:

hall, for all his quality doesnt seem interested, so switching him to the right wont help. jackson, isnt ready physically and would be crucified by our boo-boys within half a game.
roy sees the players every day, and if he constantly brings in players to play in front of smith and davies, what does that tell you about those two young men?

It tells me they aren't getting a fair crack of the whip. I have the greatest of respect for Mac, but he does have a tendency to stick rigidly to the status quo, as we can see from his use of subs. It may be that these two are highly unimpressive in training, but Gaz has always done a good job whenever he's been given the chance, and Smith looks like the classic example of a kid with lots of potential who needs a settled run in the side, not a game every three months and 10 minutes sub in between. If nothing else we need his crossing ability, 'cos although it has rough edges it's 100% better than any of the others.

#18 User is offline   SpireKop 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Gym, Bit more football.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:30 PM

Jackson on the right, Hall on the left for me. Or maybe Hall upfront, with Holmes out left, but most say he is better in the centre. I don't know :wacko:
Blue Army, Blue Army!

#19 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Mar 6 2007, 05:34 PM, said:

Well you have sarcastically agreed with most of Mac said and for someone that says Mac never changes anything you have said we changed formation mid game 5 times.

it didnt make any difference because the midfield and forward looked lost most the game.

as i have said in other threads Roy is tatically inept

This post has been edited by Alex Green: 07 March 2007 - 09:58 AM

#20 User is offline   Eddie63 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:06 AM

I dont understand allthis roy and rico sign good players stuff.They have signed all the lot of them in the last four seasons and we still sit 5th bottom.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users