• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Barry Core on tial

#41 User is offline   SpireiteDan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:50 PM

Only we could consider trying to improve our already poor "stikeforce" by signing someone who appears even less prolific than Larkin and Shaw. ;)

I know it's a bit unfair to judge him until i've actually seen him play but he doesn't really fill me with confidence/excitement.

#42 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:07 PM

View PostSpireiteDan, on Mar 6 2007, 01:50 PM, said:

Only we could consider trying to improve our already poor "stikeforce" by signing someone who appears even less prolific than Larkin and Shaw. ;)

I know it's a bit unfair to judge him until i've actually seen him play but he doesn't really fill me with confidence/excitement.

Muppet.

Try this. We bring in a big lad and can then allow the likes of Shaw and even, dare I say it, Larkin to play roles they are more suited to. This will also help when we have Jamie Ward back and raring to go.
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#43 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:11 PM

View PostSpireite61, on Mar 6 2007, 01:05 PM, said:

A number of the Wednesday fans where I work (unfortunately in the middle of Sheffield) seemed to know about it, though the opinion of them all was that Core is a waste of space and would be glad to see the back of him. If we are to sign him then am happy to give him the chance to prove himself, but am not sure that this is really the type of player we need at the moment to get us out of our present predicament.

the blunts felt the same way about wayne allison. lets hope the lad can have a similar impact. if bristol had him, he must be able to offer something to us.
A new hope.

#44 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:14 PM

emergency loan then. will have to be agreed with by the football league. not destined to be agreed

#45 User is offline   SpireiteDan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:17 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 6 2007, 02:07 PM, said:

Muppet.

Try this. We bring in a big lad and can then allow the likes of Shaw and even, dare I say it, Larkin to play roles they are more suited to. This will also help when we have Jamie Ward back and raring to go.

Which is what, another month away?

We need somebody who can score goals now and looking at this Corr's record, it doesn't look like he's the man to do it.

#46 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:18 PM

View PostSpireiteDan, on Mar 6 2007, 02:17 PM, said:

We need somebody who can score goals now and looking at this Corr's record, it doesn't look like he's the man to do it.

give him a chance jeez.

#47 User is offline   SpireiteDan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 6 2007, 02:18 PM, said:

give him a chance jeez.

Where have i said i won't?

#48 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

Maybe if I use capital letters, you'll understand my theory.

A BIG TARGET MAN MAY ALLOW OTHERS TO SCORE RATHER THAN ATTEMPT TO PLAY ROLES THEY ARE NOT PARTICULARLY GOOD AT....

#49 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:26 PM

Records dont say all.....i doubt many at the start of this season would have looked at Folans record without seeing him and said that by the middle of Jan he would be playing in the Prem scoring a couple in 7 games after 13/14 for us.

From what i can tell and have heard Corr has had little chance at Hillsboro with the majority of his appearances from the bench for 10/15mins here and there and has had the odd injury problem as well. From what Wednesday fans have told me they reckon he could do a job for us.

#50 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

View PostSpireiteDan, on Mar 6 2007, 02:20 PM, said:

Where have i said i won't?

maybe this is the right level for him to score goals???????????

i will re-iterate

give him a chance jeez

#51 User is offline   SpireiteDan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 6 2007, 02:30 PM, said:

give him a chance jeez

Funnily enough i understood that the first time you said it....

maybe this is the right level for him to score goals???????????

Possibly, if he does sign then i hope that's the case but the Bristol City fans didn't think he was much kop.

This post has been edited by SpireiteDan: 06 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

#52 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:42 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 6 2007, 02:07 PM, said:

Muppet.

Try this. We bring in a big lad and can then allow the likes of Shaw and even, dare I say it, Larkin to play roles they are more suited to.

Are you saying they are not allowed to play suitable roles alongside Allison? Isnt the problem with Shaw and Larkin a lack of goals whoever they play alongside?
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#53 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:15 PM

View Postlatewinner, on Mar 6 2007, 02:42 PM, said:

Are you saying they are not allowed to play suitable roles alongside Allison? Isnt the problem with Shaw and Larkin a lack of goals whoever they play alongside?

For all the Chief's attributes his mobility is so limited nowadays that our attacking play is too slow. I'm hopeful that a more mobile big 'un might allow us to break much quicker. That could suit Larkin. Paul Shaw's a different type of player and has found himself playing a target man role out of necessity. He should be allowed to play just behind the front two in a role he's very much more suited to..

#54 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:04 PM

well larkin or dare i say it Jackson!!!!

Little and large, Jacksons ready and we might as well play him up top even if he doesnt score he'll fit right in

#55 User is offline   PACCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:11 PM

View PostSpireiteDan, on Mar 6 2007, 02:34 PM, said:

Funnily enough i understood that the first time you said it....
Possibly, if he does sign then i hope that's the case but the Bristol City fans didn't think he was much kop.

Im hoping he does to Bristol (if he signs & plays) that a lot of players do to clubs they had a bad time at and scores the winner against them.

Same as I said when people questioned Holmes signing for us. Give him a chance and comment on what we see for a change.

#56 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:45 PM

View PostJonB, on Mar 6 2007, 02:26 PM, said:

Records dont say all.....i doubt many at the start of this season would have looked at Folans record without seeing him and said that by the middle of Jan he would be playing in the Prem scoring a couple in 7 games after 13/14 for us.

From what i can tell and have heard Corr has had little chance at Hillsboro with the majority of his appearances from the bench for 10/15mins here and there and has had the odd injury problem as well. From what Wednesday fans have told me they reckon he could do a job for us.

We should just accept if he comes in that he is well down Macs list of choices BUT he may be available. Should just give the lad a chance. We know he isn't pacey etc but if he is big and awkward he may cause the defences some problems and we may get a bit of luck in the area with the second ball

#57 User is offline   Jonathan 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

Barry Corr may have been on loan at Brizzle City but they terminated the loan deal and sent him back to SWFC. I've just asked my mate about him who's a season ticket holder home & away at SWFC and describes him as a hold up player. He has a bad injury record and rarely plays for the reserves as he's always injured. He wants us to take him of there hands and after reading other posts it sounds like his future at SWFC is no longer.

Maybe he needs a club to kick start his career and if he knows he's leaving SWFC at the end of the season he may be out to impress!!

#58 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:17 PM

View PostJonathan, on Mar 6 2007, 06:15 PM, said:

Barry Corr may have been on loan at Brizzle City but they terminated the loan deal and sent him back to SWFC. I've just asked my mate about him who's a season ticket holder home & away at SWFC and describes him as a hold up player. He has a bad injury record and rarely plays for the reserves as he's always injured. He wants us to take him of there hands and after reading other posts it sounds like his future at SWFC is no longer.

Maybe he needs a club to kick start his career and if he knows he's leaving SWFC at the end of the season he may be out to impress!!

Can't see us giving him a ful time contract with all the problems he's had. We only need him to try and get us a few wins that are required and he may well need us to prove he can stay fit etc

#59 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:16 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Mar 6 2007, 06:17 PM, said:

Can't see us giving him a ful time contract with all the problems he's had. We only need him to try and get us a few wins that are required and he may well need us to prove he can stay fit etc

Just spoke to my mate. He said that he's stocky built holding player. Is due to sign at some point today and has a good header. Only negatives he said he has is lack of pace and the turning circle of the QE2

#60 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:24 AM

Roy says Folan was replaced, meaning Ward. Ward looks a good buy but does anyone see him as a replacement for Folan? Folan will not really have been replaced until we bring in a big striker with some pace.
Bring Sakashvili to justice

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users