Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Bring A Mate Offer - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bring A Mate Offer

#21 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:47 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Mar 5 2007, 02:40 PM, said:

My personal opinion is that the situation we are in hasnt just happened overnight. We have been just surviving for a while now and I think people have a sort of charity fatigue. The board are relying on fans attending no matter what happens on or off the pitch and I think fans are starting to question their own commitment to what can be a very expensive hobby.

Fair point, I see what your saying.
However as Chesterfield is my team I will make the sacrifice. I wish we had a billionaire board but as we don't I'll keep putting my money in as I can remember the days, not too long ago, when we nearly didn't exist.

This post has been edited by GlobalSpire: 05 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

#22 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:52 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Mar 5 2007, 02:46 PM, said:

Errr I was backing your mates decision up. I thought Global spire was having a go at your mates.

ye i know i was following up on your comment ;)

#23 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:00 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 5 2007, 02:52 PM, said:

ye i know i was following up on your comment ;)

Oh dear Alex....
I was making an observation about your friends attitudes, yes. I'm not being insulting, so stop with all that 'Stop hiding behind a computer and say it to my face' rubbish.

#24 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:37 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Mar 5 2007, 02:47 PM, said:

Fair point, I see what your saying.
However as Chesterfield is my team I will make the sacrifice. I wish we had a billionaire board but as we don't I'll keep putting my money in as I can remember the days, not too long ago, when we nearly didn't exist.

As it is to many others but unfortunately not everyone is willing to make a sacrafice. Season ticket holders make the biggest one of all (like myself) that shell out the money before the season. where as others like my mates have the choice if they want to go.

revenue is dependent on supporters which is dependent on results with detrimental to management

#25 User is offline   PACCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:40 PM

View Postcfcfan, on Mar 5 2007, 01:50 PM, said:

Ive just emailed Sue to see if it is possible...

I only asked a question and now it has started into a debate that has nothing to do with what I asked!!!!

Anyway back to the point - have you heard anything yet?

#26 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 5 2007, 03:37 PM, said:

As it is to many others but unfortunately not everyone is willing to make a sacrafice. Season ticket holders make the biggest one of all (like myself) that shell out the money before the season. where as others like my mates have the choice if they want to go.

revenue is dependent on supporters which is dependent on results with detrimental to management

To break this vicious cycle of lacking of the above mentioned (although I don't quite get the English you used for the last bit of your sentance!?!), what do you do? If less 'supporters' go then it weakens our revenue, right? and so on...

#27 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Mar 5 2007, 04:20 PM, said:

To break this vicious cycle of lacking of the above mentioned (although I don't quite get the English you used for the last bit of your sentance!?!), what do you do? If less 'supporters' go then it weakens our revenue, right? and so on...

well planning permission would help lift the club,

or at least word on ownership of dema and funding.

or failing that, a start on redevloping the main stand,

or word on selling the club to the four interested parties,

or signing a couple of `hardened pros` to help us for the run in?

two years ago, the club almost went down, yet had the highest gates for 20 years. give the fans reason, and they WILL turn up.

doing nothing from top to bottom just reinforces the impression of apathy running through the club like a stick of blackpool rock, and fans will tire of it.
A new hope.

#28 User is offline   dtr36 

• keeper of the kop flag
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:watchin great football at chesterfield />women fast cars and bikes

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:19 PM

stop bitchin at each save the moaning for the manager lol
we all still be there on wed no mat wat happens and we will still moan about it on thursday i expect .
i suport two teams CHESTERFIELD and watever team is playing mansfield
rico gone hubbard next please

#29 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:36 PM

View Postdeath, on Mar 5 2007, 04:58 PM, said:

well planning permission would help lift the club,

or at least word on ownership of dema and funding.

or failing that, a start on redevloping the main stand,

or word on selling the club to the four interested parties,

or signing a couple of `hardened pros` to help us for the run in?

two years ago, the club almost went down, yet had the highest gates for 20 years. give the fans reason, and they WILL turn up.

doing nothing from top to bottom just reinforces the impression of apathy running through the club like a stick of blackpool rock, and fans will tire of it.

Yes, that was very strange, and seems to give the lie to all those who are now moaning about the fans giving up because of poor performances, lack of motivation, poor tactics, etc. The football, squad and results that year were quite a bit worse than they are now, yet the gates were higher - not a great deal higher, but a few hundred. It may be that it was just a blip, and the gates we're getting now are the realistic ones, but I think the people who are cribbing about the gates now have a duty to explain what happened then.
Not getting at you this time, by the way. Just answering a good point that has always puzzled me.

#30 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:01 AM

View Posth again, on Mar 5 2007, 11:36 PM, said:

Yes, that was very strange, and seems to give the lie to all those who are now moaning about the fans giving up because of poor performances, lack of motivation, poor tactics, etc. The football, squad and results that year were quite a bit worse than they are now, yet the gates were higher - not a great deal higher, but a few hundred. It may be that it was just a blip, and the gates we're getting now are the realistic ones, but I think the people who are cribbing about the gates now have a duty to explain what happened then.
Not getting at you this time, by the way. Just answering a good point that has always puzzled me.

there was still a feeling of goodwill in the aftermath of the both the thieving fat pile of poo, and then the ITV digital fiasco. i think fans genuinly felt it was OUR club too. the fans and i suppose the club, had a head of steam built up.

to keep that interest going though, well it was going to take some hard work by the owners. chasing lasped CFSS members would have been the bare minimum i would have expected, and new and novel ideas etc to maintain the levels of interest, as well as trying to explore and exploit other avenues of revenue.

in short,the club trying to show it was doing its bit to match that of the fans, instead of "woe is me". and "poor old town".

sadly, IMO, that didnt happen, leading to a slow and glaringly obvious decline, which was there to see for those that chose to look. CFSS was not the long term future,and with the lack of ideas and cash, how could it be? they did a job in the clubs hour of need, but time and life moves on. the club hasnt.
A new hope.

#31 User is offline   TB.CFC 

• CFC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:00 PM

cfcfan, did you get a reply as im wanting to know the answer to the same question too...
Town, Town will tear you apart..again!

#32 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:11 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 5 2007, 01:08 PM, said:

i've asked a few mates and they've said not after recent performances. That just shows what people think we will do from here on in.

Been doing my best to get someone else along. Alas no one is interested I can find........

#33 User is offline   sammythespire 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:35 PM

View PostWESTBARS SPIREITE, on Mar 6 2007, 10:11 PM, said:

Been doing my best to get someone else along. Alas no one is interested I can find........

Me too only one who was intrested was Stevie Wonder!!!!!
R.I.P Saltergate

#34 User is offline   spirette 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Spireite through and through

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

View PostWESTBARS SPIREITE, on Mar 6 2007, 10:11 PM, said:

Same here, my mates just don't want to come to Saltergate!
Chesterfield FC: League 2 Champions 2010-2011/2013-2014

#35 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:13 PM

I just don't see the point of this offer which is sold as a benefit to ST holders (how?). The only effect that it has is to reduce money through the gate as people who were going anyway will bum a voucher off a mate to get in cheaper.

#36 User is offline   PACCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:39 PM

View Postjohnd51, on Mar 7 2007, 03:13 PM, said:

I just don't see the point of this offer which is sold as a benefit to ST holders (how?). The only effect that it has is to reduce money through the gate as people who were going anyway will bum a voucher off a mate to get in cheaper.

When the original game was postponed they should have changed it to the Vale match or the next home game after the original date of the Bristol game which would get more interest from people on a saturday afternoon rather than on a wednesday night near the end of the season.

#37 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

thats why i mainly ask my mates that dont come very often

#38 User is offline   PACCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:48 PM

The thing is though its not a benefit to ST holders, only their friends or whoever goes with them.

I think they should put vouchers in the programme or give them out to people that pay to get in the matches as at the moment any incentive for the fans to come back is worth a try.

#39 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

View PostPACCFC, on Mar 7 2007, 03:48 PM, said:

The thing is though its not a benefit to ST holders, only their friends or whoever goes with them.

so as i am a ST holder im not entitled to the bring a mate offer? your having a laugh

I pay at the beginning of the season instead of every game im entitled to give it so someone as much as you would be.

#40 User is offline   PACCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 7 2007, 03:51 PM, said:

so as i am a ST holder im not entitled to the bring a mate offer? your having a laugh

I pay at the beginning of the season instead of every game im entitled to give it so someone as much as you would be.

Sorry, what I meant was you personally dont save on that particular game and like me as you already have that match ticket you have to find someone to take the offer up.

I actually think its a good idea to get more people in but it should have been done for a match before tonight.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users