Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Those whos Egos crave relegation... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Those whos Egos crave relegation... 'Fans' who want failure, they love it...

#21 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

View PostBITColour, on Mar 5 2007, 03:55 PM, said:

Well twaddle me, he will be the saviour after all then. ;)

Big striker.

What we wanted isn't it.

From what I recall from Radio Sheffield is that the supporters seem to rate him.

#22 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:10 PM

View PostDuckys Moved, on Mar 5 2007, 11:47 AM, said:

The squad we have here can more than compete in this division, its the management that's the problem. Since we sold Folan we have been left with a 38 year old to win all the headers up front. Surely its obvious that we need another target man !!

I find this whole statement bewildering,i am sure Roy and Rico keep telling the players the importance of winning games,the players only need to look at the table to see the mess they have got us in,what more motivation do they need than look at the perilous position we are now in,it is time the players started to earn there money before it is too late,did you see the glaring miss Larkin had at Tranmere,i bet Roy and Rico told him if you get the chance of scoring,fluff it at all costs,motivation my ass ;)

#23 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Mar 5 2007, 11:02 AM, said:

There are some people on these message boards who cannot wait for Town to fail so that they can bask in their own glory of being right that Town would go down.
Town are my team, and whilst I'm praying that we will stay up and will be extremely dissapointed if we go down, I'm not gonna jump on the website and rubbish the management and the players. Some people have been doing this for weeks and cannot wait for the next loss to drive up the tide of negativity with their messages on this board.

I'm sick of it, I don't see how they can expect a team that was, only a few years ago, on the verge of extinction to be put together with any amount of money?
Whilst I can understand constructive criticisms and suggestions which take into account the reality of the situation we are in. I hate the kind of gloating, look at me I'm right, "I told you Mac was crap", isn't it great I can prove you all wrong, kind of mentality.
At times like this when things are hard, its time to stick together rather than massage egos about how much of a great football pundit you are because you predicted our downfall.

Discussions about folded arms, Who cares about what position someones arms are in?
Turning the back on our club?? please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do 'fans' like this exist???????????????

i can only speak for myself, but i would be gutted if the club goes down. devestated.

i realise what a financial blow it would be to our already weak fiscal performance, and how this loss of revenue could seriously hamper on field activities. one only has to look at the clubs recently relegated to see how they struggled, ie, rushden, cambridge torquay, grimsby etc.

i have never ever met a town fan who wants the club to go down. indeed, i find your post insinuating there are legions of these fans just a little bizzare.
A new hope.

#24 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Mar 5 2007, 02:43 PM, said:

I would imagine

Fishini
Death
Mr.Spireite

a strange post. suggesting i am one of those "wanting" the club to go down.

at the start of the season i said the club would NOT go down, and be 5th bottom at the seasons end. a position i have consistently maintained throughout.
A new hope.

#25 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:22 PM

View Postdeath, on Mar 5 2007, 04:20 PM, said:

a strange post. suggesting i am one of those "wanting" the club to go down.

at the start of the season i said the club would NOT go down, and be 5th bottom at the seasons end. a position i have consistently maintained throughout.

Bet you were dreading it when we were higher than 5th from bottom... congratulations, at the moment we are at DEATHS call, in otherwords 5th from bottom.

#26 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:40 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Mar 5 2007, 04:22 PM, said:

Bet you were dreading it when we were higher than 5th from bottom... congratulations, at the moment we are at DEATHS call, in otherwords 5th from bottom.

dreading it when the club does well??????????

is that what you think? how utterly bizzare.

im realistic son. play offs etc???? rediculous given our finances.

5th bottom? realistic, and anything higher is a bonus. i support the manager, who has both hands tied behind his back, an i never boo players.

i "complain" about `ownership issues` which IMO hold the club back.

This post has been edited by death: 05 March 2007 - 04:44 PM

A new hope.

#27 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

View Postdeath, on Mar 5 2007, 04:40 PM, said:

5th bottom? realistic, and anything higher is a bonus. i support the manager, who has both hands tied behind his back, an i never boo players.

Fair comment, I withdraw mine.

#28 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:51 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Mar 5 2007, 04:45 PM, said:

:D
A new hope.

#29 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:55 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Mar 5 2007, 04:45 PM, said:

Frankly GS you have proven yourself to be the fool I always thought you were, thanks for confirming it for me. If you think me or any Town fans want them to go down you are very very wrong. I dislike Ma Hubbard with a vengeance, Mac has never been a manager brilliant player but shocking manager and I will say so, the team has for long parts of the season has been passionless and spineless and I have and will continue to say so as long as it continues. I know the Club could disappear altogether if we go down, so why do you think I and people like me want the club to go down? If they go down fighting then so be it but to go down as we are this year without a fight is tearing me up but I wonder why I should bother caring as Hubbard and Co don't seem to mind at all. So believe me that after 27 years as a season Rickey holder neither my sons or myself want the club to go down, but I'm afraid it is inevitable this season
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#30 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:19 PM

View Postdeath, on Mar 5 2007, 04:40 PM, said:

Which is how I feel....

But us 3 are made out to be the ones who are the moaners......

#31 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:39 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Mar 5 2007, 09:19 PM, said:

Which is how I feel....

Maybe we should all get the glasses that the feel good gang wear and we could then join the flock
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#32 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:47 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Mar 5 2007, 09:19 PM, said:

Which is how I feel....

are you from boza as well? ;)

if we get town_fan to join, we could be boza`s "fantastic four".
A new hope.

#33 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

View Postdeath, on Mar 5 2007, 09:47 PM, said:

are you from boza as well? ;)

if we get town_fan to join, we could be boza`s "fantastic four".

Theres alot more than 4 in boza I know of an entire family of season ticket holders who won't be here next season, that well above £1000 the club has lost, how many more will not come to watch the basement type football next season?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#34 User is offline   malcolmr13 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:21 PM

View Postfishini, on Mar 5 2007, 08:55 PM, said:

Frankly GS you have proven yourself to be the fool I always thought you were, thanks for confirming it for me. If you think me or any Town fans want them to go down you are very very wrong. I dislike Ma Hubbard with a vengeance, Mac has never been a manager brilliant player but shocking manager and I will say so, the team has for long parts of the season has been passionless and spineless and I have and will continue to say so as long as it continues. I know the Club could disappear altogether if we go down, so why do you think I and people like me want the club to go down? If they go down fighting then so be it but to go down as we are this year without a fight is tearing me up but I wonder why I should bother caring as Hubbard and Co don't seem to mind at all. So believe me that after 27 years as a season Rickey holder neither my sons or myself want the club to go down, but I'm afraid it is inevitable this season

I am clear that you do not wish for relegation. Also that you fear it will happen.
But it is not inevitable - that cannot be with 11 games to go.
May I assume despite the above that you will be hoping for the best?
It's about as useful as fearing the worst but it might put a spring in the step for the next couple of months.

#35 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:35 PM

View Postfishini, on Mar 5 2007, 10:07 PM, said:

Theres alot more than 4 in boza I know of an entire family of season ticket holders who won't be here next season, that well above £1000 the club has lost, how many more will not come to watch the basement type football next season?

Let me put it simply, Fishi. If you close every post with a large banner saying "We Are Down" at a time when we're fifth from bottom with two months still to play, can you wonder that people think you're rather looking forward to relegation?
If you post on here to say 'relegation is inevitable' with 33 points still to play for and a much better goal difference than anybody else in the lower half of the table, are you surprised that people question your commitment to supporting CFC?
If you consistently avoid these boards when we win and inundate them with moaning when we lose, then tell us we have no chance of avoiding the drop at a time when there are 11 matches left and a relatively easy run in, then is there any wonder that people have you down as the kind of 'fan' we could well do without.
Considering the stuff you post on here, usually accompanied by abuse as in your post above, you get a very easy ride from other Board users and the Moderators. It ill-becomes you to fall back on a passionate love for the club whenever somebody points out the nature of your posts. The people who love this club are getting behind the Manager and players, good or bad, right or wrong, because it's the only thing we can do to improve the situation. Moaning DOES NOT help.

#36 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:38 PM

View PostBITColour, on Mar 5 2007, 03:39 PM, said:

Allegedly Barry Corr from Sheff Wed is training with the Spireites with a view to a loan signing.

Not very prolific though, no professional goals to his name. ;)

Just the ticket to replace Larkin!?

#37 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:31 PM

View Postfishini, on Mar 5 2007, 08:55 PM, said:

This is personally insulting when I was accepting a good point. I imagine if you met me and saw what I do etc you'd think I was far from a fool...
But anyway I'm not getting down to your depressing levels, I will however leave you with a link to help you...To Help Fish
Take care mate hahahahahahaha

#38 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Living the dream as a life long Spireite :-)

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Mar 6 2007, 05:31 PM, said:

This is personally insulting when I was accepting a good point. I imagine if you met me and saw what I do etc you'd think I was far from a fool...
But anyway I'm not getting down to your depressing levels, I will however leave you with a link to help you...To Help Fish
Take care mate hahahahahahaha

You know what global spire you are right about the people on here. I wont mention names but there are people on here that give it 5mins into a match and start the barrage of abuse. Bearing mind these individuals dont go to every away game they go every now and again and have a good moan!

I am sick of it, yes were below standards and yes we need a new manager, but we cant afford to pay him off and he isnt going to leave

Just try support for a change
The One, The Only, Sir Gregor Robertson

#39 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:12 AM

View Postlesleycfc, on Mar 6 2007, 05:42 PM, said:

You know what global spire you are right about the people on here. I wont mention names but there are people on here that give it 5mins into a match and start the barrage of abuse. Bearing mind these individuals dont go to every away game they go every now and again and have a good moan!

I am sick of it, yes were below standards and yes we need a new manager, but we cant afford to pay him off and he isnt going to leave

if you dont name names how can they defend themselves?? i know i can i missed 4 away games all season

#40 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

View Postlesleycfc, on Mar 6 2007, 05:42 PM, said:

Sounds like me,that is all it takes for me to give the ref exactly what i think of him and he was no different at Tranmere :blink:

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users