Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: our next manager is ....... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

our next manager is .......

#21 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:03 AM

Give the job to FISHINI :lol:

#22 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:37 AM

Appoint Wayne Allison player/manager until the end of the season.
I'm embarrassed by the actions of those who run my club.

#23 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

View PostRick Payne, on Mar 8 2007, 07:37 AM, said:

Appoint Wayne Allison player/manager until the end of the season.

Reeves or Blathers

#24 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:10 AM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 8 2007, 09:01 AM, said:

Reeves or Blathers

If something along these lines happens then its got to be Allison, he`s up to speed on the players we have here and knows their capabilities, also I ve seen him dish out many on the field rollockings during his time here.

Mr Mercury
East stand second class citizen.

#25 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:31 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on Mar 8 2007, 09:10 AM, said:

If something along these lines happens then its got to be Allison, he`s up to speed on the players we have here and knows their capabilities, also I ve seen him dish out many on the field rollockings during his time here.

Mr Mercury

hmmmm to true

#26 User is offline   Eddie63 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

how about Bassett not Dave the other one Mike. lol

#27 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

I'd give it Blathers or Reeves last two players that would give there all for town

#28 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:19 AM

View Postmonte, on Mar 8 2007, 11:13 AM, said:

I'd give it Blathers or Reeves last two players that would give there all for town

Complete rubbish - we're not talking about 'players' here, we're talking about a manager. Try engaging your brain before exercising your finger for once.

If we are to recruit externally, we need to look for someone with the necessary management qualities to plug holes in a rapidly sinking ship. Chris Wilder or Billy McEwan are a couple of suggestions worthy of consideration. Popular former players with no management experience certainly aren't..
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#29 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:54 AM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 8 2007, 11:19 AM, said:

Complete rubbish - we're not talking about 'players' here, we're talking about a manager. Try engaging your brain before exercising your finger for once.

Popular former players with no management experience certainly aren't..

Is that a general point or specific to CFC players? I see a certain Roy Keane is doing quite well (no previous experience) and so a certain Paul Ince (no previous experience) at Macc Town - remember they were dead at buried at the bottom of the league before he joined them.

Both of them were great leaders on the pitch in their day.......

#30 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

View Postmonte, on Mar 8 2007, 11:13 AM, said:

Blathers showed comendable and rare loyalty to us. Reeves got the monk on when his move to Stoke broke down in 2000 (?) and went round shouting the odds about it, if I recall. He didn't strike me as one who would lay himself down for the club after that. For his mates, yes, but not for the club. It would be nice to think that the football world had a place for Blathers at CFC because he's a nice guy, but I rather hope that any replacement for what we've got will be a clear improvement on it. Keane and Ince, yes; a few of us were scratching our heads to think of any other likely ones last night.
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   BITColour 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:40 PM

Peter Jackson

#32 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:49 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Mar 8 2007, 11:54 AM, said:

Is that a general point or specific to CFC players? I see a certain Roy Keane is doing quite well (no previous experience) and so a certain Paul Ince (no previous experience) at Macc Town - remember they were dead at buried at the bottom of the league before he joined them.

Both of them were great leaders on the pitch in their day.......

The two you mention always looked like born leaders, but that's still no guarantee of a successful management career. Please bear in mind that they're both new to the job and as such have no real track record despite showing definite early promise. Remember, too, that Keane's spent quite heavily and has one of the largest wage budgets in a division so poor that Derby are top of the league.

I strongly believe that any future manager of CFC has to be well-connected as the job will always entail begging, stealing and borrowing to try, against all odds, to fashion a competitive side regardless of which of the bottom two divisions we are in. Perhaps a major reason that RM has defied the odds stacked against him for so long, has been through calling on a large network of contacts in the game. These contacts have been developed over many years and extend across all four divisions. Are you telling me that the likes of Blathers or Reevesy can call upon such a network? I very much doubt it. To my mind, the very mention of their names is daft. Sure they've played for us in the recent past, but other than that, what known attributes do they bring to the table..?

#33 User is offline   spireiteantony 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Watching paint dry.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:54 PM

View PostBITColour, on Mar 8 2007, 12:40 PM, said:

Peter Jackson

we could'nt afford his hair gel.

#34 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:58 PM

View PostSaltergate Stu, on Mar 8 2007, 12:37 PM, said:

....It would be nice to think that the football world had a place for Blathers at CFC because he's a nice guy.....

Then the last position he should be offered is that of manager. Nice guys don't often make effective managers - they care too much about being liked. My gut feeling is that The Chief would also fall into the 'nice guy' category, and though I've no reason to suspect he'd be remotely interested in becoming manager, I also suspect he's got far too much in the way of intelligence. Of the old boys recently mooted, that leaves Reevesy - I certainly don't believe he's too intelligent for the job...

#35 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:22 PM

View PostBITColour, on Mar 8 2007, 12:40 PM, said:

Peter Jackson

lol, you missed the :-P off your post. I bet your pal is delighted!

#36 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:22 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 8 2007, 12:49 PM, said:

The two you mention always looked like born leaders, but that's still no guarantee of a successful management career. Please bear in mind that they're both new to the job and as such have no real track record despite showing definite early promise. Remember, too, that Keane's spent quite heavily and has one of the largest wage budgets in a division so poor that Derby are top of the league.

I strongly believe that any future manager of CFC has to be well-connected as the job will always entail begging, stealing and borrowing to try, against all odds, to fashion a competitive side regardless of which of the bottom two divisions we are in. Perhaps a major reason that RM has defied the odds stacked against him for so long, has been through calling on a large network of contacts in the game. These contacts have been developed over many years and extend across all four divisions. Are you telling me that the likes of Blathers or Reevesy can call upon such a network? I very much doubt it. To my mind, the very mention of their names is daft. Sure they've played for us in the recent past, but other than that, what known attributes do they bring to the table..?

You've suggested Keane has had money to spend, true. What about Ince - what are the reasons for his 'early success'? Yep, a future manager has to be well connected and that's why I'm suggesting Wayne Allison. Mac you can't have it both ways i.e. former players can't be good managers and then be critical of the two good examples I've mentioned. Here's another: Danny Wilson player at Barnsley, then appointed player/manager. 2 years later they were in the Prem.

ps I believe former players with the right attributes have the potential to become good managers. Coach's/Physios taking over to become managers well, we've already tried and failed at that. :angry:

#37 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:28 PM

"try using your brain"

I am, the problem is motivation who were the last two players with passion and could get the crowd and the players fired up

REEVES and BLATHERS!!

#38 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:31 PM

View Postmonte, on Mar 8 2007, 01:28 PM, said:

"try using your brain"

I am, the problem is motivation who were the last two players with passion and could get the crowd and the players fired up

REEVES and BLATHERS!!

Sorry - still drivel - you must try harder.

#39 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:35 PM

lol, would you not say the problem is motivation!

I suppose you want mac to stay and finish the job of getting us down

#40 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:48 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Mar 8 2007, 12:58 PM, said:

Then the last position he should be offered is that of manager.

Indeed - the sort of place I had in mind is already occupied by Bruno - another one of the good guys.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users