Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Wonder what Roy's excuse is this week? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wonder what Roy's excuse is this week? Dread to think!

#21 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:58 PM

View PostBlueRover52, on Mar 3 2007, 10:38 AM, said:

:lol: Manager picked Meredith to play in a difficult debut when perhaps not 90 mins match fit. Also persisted too long with 2 ineffective,inept strikers.

Anybody got any feedback about Meredith. You know, strengths, weaknesses etc. Also, how did Grimaldi do?

I won't bother asking about Allott. If he's an essential part of our game plan, I can only assume our plan is to lose.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#22 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:11 PM

View Postdim view, on Mar 3 2007, 02:58 PM, said:

Anybody got any feedback about Meredith. You know, strengths, weaknesses etc. Also, how did Grimaldi do?

I won't bother asking about Allott. If he's an essential part of our game plan, I can only assume our plan is to lose.

Meredith was at fault for the second,did a couple of wayward crosses but the lads only 18,maybe Roy should have played Davies in the middle and put Meredith on the bench.

Allott was rated at 50/50 but i am glad he made the starting 11 as the excuses would have been we lost because he wasn't playing but hey ho he was so he has to take the blame with the rest,he is doing nothing and no one will make me say otherwise,i would say we missed Niven.

#23 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:36 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Mar 3 2007, 09:45 AM, said:

Tranmere wasn't that much better than us and they are in a play off place :lol: they just know how to put there chances away,we don't.

Tranmere will not have an easier game all season. They didnt even have to try that hard and they beat us comfortably. Once again Paul Hall has no concept of what a winger should do oor where he should run.

Felt sorry for the defence as once again only Downes and Grimaldi can come out of that game with any credit although Roche made an excellent save in the first half.

We had a couple of good shouts for a penalty but tbh they would have just once gain papered over the cracks. I dont think there will be many people who went last night that cant possibly believe we arent in a relegation scrap, the worrying thing for me is if we play like we did last night then we are certainties for the drop. That would be a disaster, how ironic that we could be celebrating our finest hour when we are in the middle of one of our lowest.

This post has been edited by Town_Fan: 03 March 2007 - 03:37 PM

Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#24 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Mar 3 2007, 03:36 PM, said:

Tranmere will not have an easier game all season. They didnt even have to try that hard and they beat us comfortably. Once again Paul Hall has no concept of what a winger should do oor where he should run.

Felt sorry for the defence as once again only Downes and Grimaldi can come out of that game with any credit although Roche made an excellent save in the first half.

We had a couple of good shouts for a penalty but tbh they would have just once gain papered over the cracks. I dont think there will be many people who went last night that cant possibly believe we arent in a relegation scrap, the worrying thing for me is if we play like we did last night then we are certainties for the drop. That would be a disaster, how ironic that we could be celebrating our finest hour when we are in the middle of one of our lowest.

Don't worry town fan most games are going our way,i don't like to have to depend on this but at the moment i will take as much help as possible :lol:

#25 User is offline   Spireite61 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:50 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Mar 3 2007, 03:36 PM, said:

Could agree more - Tranmere didn't look that good last night because they didnt have to, I dont think they ever really got out of second gear all game, as we presented no threat at all (other than the 2 chances). What I couldn't believe was that in the 1st half at least we had a couple of corners and on both occasions we had only 4 of our players in their penalty box. While Macfarland and others often criticise our defence, when compared with others in this league we haven't conceded that many goals, our problem has been scoring goals (and lets be honest that's been the case all the time Roy has been manager) and Roy seems completely unable to resolve it.

#26 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

:lol:
A new hope.

#27 User is offline   dtr36 

• keeper of the kop flag
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:watchin great football at chesterfield />women fast cars and bikes

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:33 PM

View PostScampi, on Mar 3 2007, 12:49 PM, said:

If Larkin had scored it would have changed the game to be fair it was a massive chance and it was inches from going in. You have to feel a bit sorry for Larkin because he really works hard for the team but he is not putting anything in the net. Last nights miss was bad, but some of the stick from the fans was worse. Its hardly going to give him confidence. What was with our fans arguing as well?

some young lads were giving us grief for singing mac out lol said y u singing that and if we done like it why come
we come cos we love cfc but wont let the clown dragg us down with his arm folded doing nothing but get paif for not a lot
p.s larkin was dire
i suport two teams CHESTERFIELD and watever team is playing mansfield
rico gone hubbard next please

#28 User is offline   lubic 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:37 PM

View Postdtr36, on Mar 4 2007, 07:33 PM, said:

some young lads were giving us grief for singing mac out lol said y u singing that and if we done like it why come
we come cos we love cfc but wont let the clown dragg us down with his arm folded doing nothing but get paif for not a lot
p.s larkin was dire

En anglais?

#29 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

View PostPaul, on Mar 4 2007, 05:37 PM, said:

En anglais?

he says he'll accept anything if the manager waves his arms about a lot. Barry Fry just need apply and the job is his

#30 User is offline   lubic 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:44 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Mar 4 2007, 07:42 PM, said:

he says he'll accept anything if the manager waves his arms about a lot. Barry Fry just need apply and the job is his

Hmmm, imbécile.

#31 User is offline   glap 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:37 PM

View Postblue boy, on Mar 3 2007, 02:02 PM, said:

Manager only half the problem, boards the other half... :(

Well in Macf's own words "whenever he's asked the Board have always backed him" and "money has been available to strengthen the squad" and "the Board have encouraged him to bring in new faces".

Seems to me its only MacF thats failed - it was more than likely Caleb would leave during January so, logically, MacF should have had a list of at least half a dozen targets before the end of 2006. Seems he's still working on drawing up his list. We need 2 strikers by 5pm tomorrow - 1 big lad till the end of the season and another for a month - they need introducing to each other and to form a partnership by 7.30pm Wednesday evening if we are to stand a chance.

There's probably more chance of Alan Shearer or Jamie Redknapp being appointed manager before we play Bristol City!!!!!!

This post has been edited by glap: 04 March 2007 - 09:39 PM

#32 User is offline   Scampi 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

View Postdtr36, on Mar 4 2007, 05:33 PM, said:

p.s larkin was dire

Im not claiming Larkin was brilliant, but i think he is suffering from a lack of confidence bit like Caleb last year (although i don't think he will ever be a 20 goal a season man), remember when people on this board where saying that Caleb shouldnt be starting (when he started the five games he did last year) and that Larkin was a much bigger goal threat.

Looked a bit out of his depth did Meredith, Allott was carrying an injury so was a bit of a risk but with us missing Niven we probably needed to play him.

#33 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:35 AM

View Postglap, on Mar 4 2007, 09:37 PM, said:

Well in Macf's own words "whenever he's asked the Board have always backed him" and "money has been available to strengthen the squad" and "the Board have encouraged him to bring in new faces".

Also in his own words "If the supporters want me to go then i will go"

So why hasn't he???

#34 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:43 AM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 5 2007, 10:35 AM, said:

Also in his own words "If the supporters want me to go then i will go"

So why hasn't he???

Err, because the supporters DON'T want him to go; you can't judge all supporters views on the basis of a few moaners who think 'sack the manager' is a magic wand that will transform us overnight into title challengers. The majority of fans, fortunately, are capable of actually THINKING.

#35 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:04 AM

View Postsophocles, on Mar 5 2007, 10:43 AM, said:

Err, because the supporters DON'T want him to go; you can't judge all supporters views on the basis of a few moaners who think 'sack the manager' is a magic wand that will transform us overnight into title challengers. The majority of fans, fortunately, are capable of actually THINKING.

Not to sound funny Soph but on numerous occasions fans have shouted for him to leave but he never has. I know you cant judge all supporters by a select few but when you have a large majority of the Kop shouting it, a hundred or so fans drowning out the noise Tranmere were making shouting for his head.

I'm not saying that things will change over night for the better but it needs a change the players are in cruise control/stuck in a rut.

It needs someone new to come in shake it up and get the best out of them again.

#36 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:16 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 5 2007, 11:04 AM, said:

Not to sound funny Soph but on numerous occasions fans have shouted for him to leave but he never has. I know you cant judge all supporters by a select few but when you have a large majority of the Kop shouting it, a hundred or so fans drowning out the noise Tranmere were making shouting for his head.

I'm not saying that things will change over night for the better but it needs a change the players are in cruise control/stuck in a rut.

ive never heard a large majority shouting it. you seem to confuse what you & a few acolytes want with what the majority want.

#37 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:42 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 5 2007, 11:04 AM, said:

It might sound like a large majority of the kop when you're in the middle of 20 people shouting it. I can assure you the large majority of the kop didn't even hear it, and those that did smiled indulgently and thought "silly boys".

#38 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:39 AM

View Postmr. smith, on Mar 5 2007, 05:16 PM, said:

ive never heard a large majority shouting it. you seem to confuse what you & a few acolytes want with what the majority want.

a large amount at the back a small section down the front. comes over from right in the kop too.

end of the day people are entitled to there opinion if people want to follow a flock saying it then so be it.

But can you say that you have been happy with alot of the performances this season?

#39 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:55 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Mar 6 2007, 08:39 AM, said:

a large amount at the back a small section down the front. comes over from right in the kop too.

end of the day people are entitled to there opinion if people want to follow a flock saying it then so be it.

But can you say that you have been happy with alot of the performances this season?

you seem to confuse you & your groups feelings with the majority. theres not much anti mcf sentiment where we stand, just the high pitched screeching wafting from our right.
ive not been happy with alot of the performances this season, last season, one before that etc etc. being a town fan theres not been many seasons when i can say that ive been happy with alot of the performances.

#40 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:07 AM

View Postmr. smith, on Mar 6 2007, 02:55 PM, said:

ive not been happy with alot of the performances this season, last season, one before that etc etc. being a town fan theres not been many seasons when i can say that ive been happy with alot of the performances.

Exactly my point Mr S and people feel that the book/buck stops with Roy. His job is to get the best out of the players week in week out. How many times this season has he done it?
IMO
Bournmouth (A); Millwall (H); Brentford (H); Wolves (H); Man City (H); West Ham (H)
Charlton (H); Oldham (H); Forest (H); Blackpool (H)

Its not many the others we had to scrap for because we were poor or the other team was poor. 6 teams out of the 23 in our division plus 4 out of the 8 cup matches. It's not many.

People want entertaining football. have we had alot of entertaining football at saltergate? i dont think so.

People are showing that we are not worth watching by not turning up. Last season we averaged over 4k every home game until MK Dons and we were safe. But were there less people becuase:
a - we were safe or
b - we had gone 5 games without winning a single point?

It's not like me to sound this negative as you well know Mr S and it truely gets me down to actually but i'm sorry i have no faith anymore in Roy i dont think he can motivate the team for an entire season and i also think he is tatically inept.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users