• You cannot reply to this topic

Facebook Group

#481 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 01 April 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

We all make idiots of ourselves from time to time on here, not suggesting AKITBalls did or indeed came across all menacing, god knows I've done enough times, and an apologetic pm goes a long way to making amends. Also I've met many off of the board who I don't always agree with but always have a chat and say hello. It's never menacing or troublesome, it's an understanding that people have different viewpoints. And behaving like decent reasonable people, but when somebody repeatedly snipes from behind his keyboard, ignores or refutes all efforts to debate rationally, have a chat or even a pre match drink, then disappears for a few days only to return again with little digs and more thinly veiled abuse you can't blame people if it gets their backs up. And things like that do have a habit of biting you on the bum.

Here's the problem, my friend.

The whole persona of the contributor in question is one of supercilious contempt.

He's spent, what - ten years? sneering, jeering and smearing other Town fans insisting none of them could possibly know better than him. A self appointed apologist on the Club's behalf.

Then worse than that he's resorted to the most morally bankrupt evasion, denial, hypocrisy and even lies rather than admit they do.

As manifested in the cynical silence since his 'Turner's running rings around and keeping all you high flying accountants in the dark' taunts.

You quite rightly state the 'Bob's Board' community is largely populated by intelligent, reasonable and in many cases professional people.

Sadly this 'h again's' twisted ego prevents him joining that community.

Anyway, let's get back to the topic of the thread...

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 01 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#482 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 01 April 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

We all make idiots of ourselves from time to time on here, not suggesting AKITBalls did or indeed came across all menacing, god knows I've done enough times, and an apologetic pm goes a long way to making amends. Also I've met many off of the board who I don't always agree with but always have a chat and say hello. It's never menacing or troublesome, it's an understanding that people have different viewpoints. And behaving like decent reasonable people, but when somebody repeatedly snipes from behind his keyboard, ignores or refutes all efforts to debate rationally, have a chat or even a pre match drink, then disappears for a few days only to return again with little digs and more thinly veiled abuse you can't blame people if it gets their backs up. And things like that do have a habit of biting you on the bum.

One of the best posts I've ever read on here, well said!

We are never gonna agree all the time, I've been known to post purely to try and wind folk up (usually cos I'm bored) but always try and use the if you wouldn't say something to someone in person then don't post it rule

Also have met plenty of posters on here and whilst not always in agreement with them I've found everyone always happy to have a chat about all things Town

#483 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

I see AC has scrapped the idea of his Q&A being selected Facebook group guests

http://mobile.cheste...ed-3656874.aspx

#484 User is offline   Vivo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

View Postmoondog, on 03 April 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

He seems to be getting quite erratic recently, not far off from losing the plot??
Do not mean that nastily, but strange things like this happen when people take on too much at work and then get overloaded and stressed out.

This post has been edited by 70s Vivo: 03 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

#485 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:37 PM

View Post70s Vivo, on 03 April 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

He seems to be getting quite erratic recently, not far off from losing the plot??
Do not mean that nastily, but strange things like this happen when people take on too much at work and then get overloaded and stressed out.

Agreed, he actually tweeted at the weekend when asked about it, that he was waiting for a recommendation, so somebody is trying to reign him in

#486 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

To get a ticket, there is a 4 page questionnaire to be completed and agreement to be signed with a list of topics not to be raised and GB will act as bouncer if anyone does not comply.

Only joking!!
Have passport will travel

#487 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

Tbf I thought he'd always said the q&a with Caldwell and new head of recruitment. Still nothing about the new fans forum though.

#488 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 04 April 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

Tbf I thought he'd always said the q&a with Caldwell and new head of recruitment. Still nothing about the new fans forum though.

You might be right but I thought this was the first one of a series, then again 60 allowed to attend this, much lower number for his forum

#489 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:49 AM

This isn't the fans forum, this is the other thing he mentioned.

#490 User is offline   Only Me! 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

The Facebook Fans Forum is being organised by David Lilley and others, ask Les Ashmore he may know more about it

#491 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

View PostOnly Me!, on 04 April 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

The Facebook Fans Forum is being organised by David Lilley and others, ask Les Ashmore he may know more about it

I'd assume that with AC leaving the FB Group that the Facebook FF was dead in the water.

#492 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 04 April 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

I'd assume that with AC leaving the FB Group that the Facebook FF was dead in the water.

I have attempted to get / make contact to enquire if / when this "Event" will take place but to no avail.
If he thought the questions he received were bad enough to pull the plug I wonder what he thought would happen at a "Forum" and what actions he would take then?
:angry
By the way it wasn't a Facebook Forum, He just asked for it to be organised by the fans group, there were / are a number of BB members in the "Committee"

This post has been edited by Les Ashmore: 04 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

ReBorn Spireite

#493 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

View Postmoondog, on 04 April 2017 - 07:40 AM, said:

You might be right but I thought this was the first one of a series, then again 60 allowed to attend this, much lower number for his forum

I read it as 60 season ticket holders allowed 2 tickets each = 120.

Any road up, the lady at the front desk very kindly allowed me to pay for 2 this morning. She took my S/T number and email address.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#494 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

View Postdim view, on 04 April 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Any road up, the lady at the front desk very kindly allowed me to pay for 2 this morning. She took my S/T number and email address.

that'll be to inform you of your "compulsory non-attendance" when they realise who you are!

:D

#495 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

View PostLes Ashmore, on 04 April 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

I have attempted to get / make contact to enquire if / when this "Event" will take place but to no avail.
If he thought the questions he received were bad enough to pull the plug I wonder what he thought would happen at a "Forum" and what actions he would take then?
By the way it wasn't a Facebook Forum, He just asked for it to be organised by the fans group, there were / are a number of BB members in the "Committee"

Les

Has the list of attendees been finalise? (for when the forum is set up)

I put my name forward, acknowledged by DL, but have heard nothing since.

Apologies if it has been published on the FB page, and I've missed it.

#496 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostLes Ashmore, on 04 April 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

Les,

He knows what would happen at a forum, he got a taster for it in November. They didn't like it because they got exposed by members of THIS messageboard, not by Facebook or by Bridge Inn. That is why he has turned his back on the original format and its organisers (you, Moondog & Paul).

Until the squirmers and the bullsh****** disappear up their own pipes and out of our club, any fans' forum will prove to be a futile exercise.

Mike.

This post has been edited by freelander2: 04 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

#497 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

Sorry chaps but I can't seem to get banned. I must try harder
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#498 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

Ended up in the DC Jones lounge today, enjoying hospitality (freebie obviously - excellent food, as always and a decent experience, despite everything) and seeing some the staff pamper to David Lilley brought many a smile to my face. I did however, draw the line, when Nicks wife lead a chorus of "Happy Birthday to you" for him amongst the other 150+ guests in the lounge.

One point worth mentioning, though, was that on my table was a young Spireite celebrating his 9th birthday, and between courses he ventured in to the centre lounge in an attempt to catch a selfie with Ched Evans. Not only did Ched allow him to interrupt his main course, but he also bought the lad £5 worth of 50/50 tickets (which he gave to his mum).
I know not a major thing, but he could have easily been annoyed at being interrupted whilst eating (especially as his partner and young child was with him) and simply brushed the boy off after a rushed photo and autograph, but he didn't.

#499 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 08 April 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

Ended up in the DC Jones lounge today, enjoying hospitality (freebie obviously - excellent food, as always and a decent experience, despite everything) and seeing some the staff pamper to David Lilley brought many a smile to my face. I did however, draw the line, when Nicks wife lead a chorus of "Happy Birthday to you" for him amongst the other 150+ guests in the lounge.

One point worth mentioning, though, was that on my table was a young Spireite celebrating his 9th birthday, and between courses he ventured in to the centre lounge in an attempt to catch a selfie with Ched Evans. Not only did Ched allow him to interrupt his main course, but he also bought the lad £5 worth of 50/50 tickets (which he gave to his mum).
I know not a major thing, but he could have easily been annoyed at being interrupted whilst eating (especially as his partner and young child was with him) and simply brushed the boy off after a rushed photo and autograph, but he didn't.

Good to hear

#500 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:45 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 08 April 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

Ched has been unfairly criticised imo - easy target for morons

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 08 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

Share this topic:

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users