Bob's Board: Ant The Groundsman - Bob's Board

• (34 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ant The Groundsman Loyalty doesn't count for much.

#601 User is offline   brockwell-spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:55 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 14 August 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

So are you really trying to say your sponsorship only lasted the time your pen was on the paper and not the full term of the deal?

Seriously?

Then you continue to accuse others of 'fabrication' without pointing out which events have been misrepresented by 'Bob's Board' members or the media.

Oh, and by the way; it's not very bright to demand evidence of an admission before making one in the very next sentence.

How's that old saying go - birds of a feather..?

les and Scott are exactly the type of people we need more of to support the football club... Local business owners... If anyone is suggesting they have made more from their association with the football club than they have put in then I'm amazed!!!

This post has been edited by brockwell-spireite: 15 August 2016 - 07:02 AM

#602 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:08 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 14 August 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

Anyway, before the circus arrived in town, I was trying to establish how a shareholder could possibly know what payments have and haven't been made to a company by looking at the accounts that are distributed by the club.

I've been a shareholder for about 12 years and the accounts that I have received from the club have never made reference to any suppliers unless an officer (director) of CFC 2001 Ltd has had an interest in a specific company that is a supplier to the club.

Perhaps other shareholders who post on here could confirm what they receive from the club.

See my post above
http://www.thecfss.c...dpost&p=1234454

#603 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:28 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 14 August 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

Anyway, before the circus arrived in town, I was trying to establish how a shareholder could possibly know what payments have and haven't been made to a company by looking at the accounts that are distributed by the club.

I've been a shareholder for about 12 years and the accounts that I have received from the club have never made reference to any suppliers unless an officer (director) of CFC 2001 Ltd has had an interest in a specific company that is a supplier to the club.

Perhaps other shareholders who post on here could confirm what they receive from the club.

Mike, you know the answer to that question, shareholders only receive abbreviated accounts exactly the same as Les. I didn't realise Dennis was Les but he is winding a few of you up from what I am reading. Of course there was no mention to any payments to PP in the accounts, he has the same copies as you and I.
Les, fgs STOP playing on words!! - Sponsors do sign a 2 year, 3 year or 5 year contract. I have always paid annually on S/O, I find it hard to believe that Les paid his full 5 year amount 5 years ago but only him and the club know the answer to that. I was also aware that Les & Scott were selling Club Taxis, but again it is not my place to report on the sale.
The PP have been involved with CFC for many years as I think they were the company who seeded or relaid the pitch out of season. Les is being mischievous and a lot of the statements are being read incorrectly and assumptions are being made.

Les is a very loyal supporter to CFC and he will continue to support when others have departed the club. I admire your loyalty to the club Les and the support you give to your friends and contacts, but I can't agree with your stance.

The posters on here who you think are mischievous only act in a manner to support the club. If everything was rosy in the garden there would be no posts or no questions asked.

If you want to help and put the record straight, answer questions that remain unanswered from the posts that these 'mischievous' fans have posted.
I mentioned this to AC on Saturday.
All that is needed is answers, apologies if necessary but certain topics have been going on for too long. They need closure.

I hear nothing but praise for CT from the board with his handling of contracts & signings. DA holds him in high regard, so it is obvious that CT will remain at CFC. Most fans wouldn't argue against that but in the face of certain revelations, the fans would feel more happier if a new person was appointed to assist both CT & the club going forward. Perhaps a new CEO with CT moving to Director of Football?

I also know it is not CT who goes out to find players, CT signs players that the managers have asked CFC to sign, so in defence of CT, he was not responsible for signing Seb, Novak, Herd and others. He sorted the contracts for DS at his request. The same applied to JS & PC and is continuing with Danny Wilson.
The sale of players and the fees involved is also down to CT and although we aren't happy when our best players are sold and leave, there is nothing we can do apart from securing the best price for CFC. Like most fans I am unhappy when good players get sold, but unfortunately that is the nature of our club. Who are we to challenge the fees that are negotiated? How would we know the 'going rate' for a player to be sold? A lot of criticism is aimed at the club but sometimes it can be unfair.

AC stated that he wanted to be transparent and that he wanted to work with the fans to put any concerns at ease. Perhaps it's time to revert back to providing the shareholders the full accounts instead of the abbreviated accounts and reverse the changes that were made.

It is always sad when long serving members of staff depart the club but none of us know the facts. I am sorry for Ant and his family but without knowing facts I would not like to get involved with the politics. I just hope we see an improvement in the pitch and once the bad weather comes we don't suffer poor pitches under PP or his departure would have been for nothing.

I get more p**d off with local sponsors and local suppliers that have been replaced. At times I used Slacks through the club to attend matches, last season I used the new bus company to travel to Shef Yoo which broke down and I ended up catching a taxi home!
I understand the new 'deal' with the programme is a joke and is likely to cost us money rather than putting money into the club. It is this sort of activity that needs policing, why people have to upset the apple cart is beyond me. Gone are the sponsors that could be relied on, putting the community first? They're having a laugh! What funding do we get now from the car dealers in Chesterfield? They supply a few vehicles!! - Where's VK, Napit, SBK etc., etc.

Zorro
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#604 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostZorro, on 15 August 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

Mike, you know the answer to that question, shareholders only receive abbreviated accounts exactly the same as Les. I didn't realise Dennis was Les but he is winding a few of you up from what I am reading. Of course there was no mention to any payments to PP in the accounts, he has the same copies as you and I.
Les, fgs STOP playing on words!! - Sponsors do sign a 2 year, 3 year or 5 year contract. I have always paid annually on S/O, I find it hard to believe that Les paid his full 5 year amount 5 years ago but only him and the club know the answer to that. I was also aware that Les & Scott were selling Club Taxis, but again it is not my place to report on the sale.
The PP have been involved with CFC for many years as I think they were the company who seeded or relaid the pitch out of season. Les is being mischievous and a lot of the statements are being read incorrectly and assumptions are being made.

Les is a very loyal supporter to CFC and he will continue to support when others have departed the club. I admire your loyalty to the club Les and the support you give to your friends and contacts, but I can't agree with your stance.

The posters on here who you think are mischievous only act in a manner to support the club. If everything was rosy in the garden there would be no posts or no questions asked.

If you want to help and put the record straight, answer questions that remain unanswered from the posts that these 'mischievous' fans have posted.
All that is needed is answers, apologies if necessary but certain topics have been going on for too long. They need closure.

I hear nothing but praise for CT from the board with his handling of contracts & signings. DA holds him in high regard, so it is obvious that CT will remain at CFC. Most fans wouldn't argue against that but in the face of certain revelations, the fans would feel more happier if a new person was appointed to assist both CT & the club going forward. Perhaps a new CEO with CT moving to Director of Football?

I also know it is not CT who goes out to find players, CT signs players that the managers have asked CFC to sign, so in defence of CT, he was not responsible for signing Seb, Novak, Herd and others. He sorted the contracts for DS at his request. The same applied to JS & PC and is continuing with Danny Wilson.
The sale of players and the fees involved is also down to CT and although we aren't happy when our best players are sold and leave, there is nothing we can do apart from securing the best price for CFC. Like most fans I am unhappy when good players get sold, but unfortunately that is the nature of our club. Who are we to challenge the fees that are negotiated? How would we know the 'going rate' for a player to be sold? A lot of criticism is aimed at the club but sometimes it can be unfair.

AC stated that he wanted to be transparent and that he wanted to work with the fans to put any concerns at ease. Perhaps it's time to revert back to providing the shareholders the full accounts instead of the abbreviated accounts and reverse the changes that were made.

It is always sad when long serving members of staff depart the club but none of us know the facts. I am sorry for Ant and his family but without knowing facts I would not like to get involved with the politics. I just hope we see an improvement in the pitch and once the bad weather comes we don't suffer poor pitches under PP or his departure would have been for nothing.

I get more p**d off with local sponsors and local suppliers that have been replaced. At times I used Slacks through the club to attend matches, last season I used the new bus company to travel to Shef Yoo which broke down and I ended up catching a taxi home!
I understand the new 'deal' with the programme is a joke and is likely to cost us money rather than putting money into the club. It is this sort of activity that needs policing, why people have to upset the apple cart is beyond me. Gone are the sponsors that could be relied on, putting the community first? They're having a laugh! What funding do we get now from the car dealers in Chesterfield? They supply a few vehicles!! - Where's VK, Napit, SBK etc., etc.

Zorro

I thought he said the accounts would be more detailed this year albeit still abbrieviated?

Can you see any reason why he wouldn't want to publish the full set of accounts?

This post has been edited by azul: 15 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#605 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

I was part of the CFSS when DA was introduced by BH, DA made it clear that he wanted the change to the accounting for shareholders, I think this was passed through voting at The Olde House at the same time the CFSS shares were agreed to be distributed. (I'm old and my memory is not too good).

Z
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#606 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

Zorro

CT going to director of football and a new CEO just to deal with the business is what I suggested would be a way for DA to save face and not have to sack CT.

#607 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:04 AM

Indeed.

See you tomorrow.

#608 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 15 August 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

CT going to director of football and a new CEO just to deal with the business is what I suggested would be a way for DA to save face and not have to sack CT.

That would put another £80k plus perks on the wage bill. Not a chance.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#609 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

View Postdim view, on 15 August 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

Depends on how much it saves us in mistakes

#610 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:52 AM

View Postdim view, on 15 August 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

Exactly, if costs are being kept under control you don't employ two people to do one bodies work.

#611 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:04 AM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 15 August 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

les and Scott are exactly the type of people we need more of to support the football club... Local business owners...

....a view you should put to your mate Chris.

Ask him to compile 2 lists - 1 of sponsors from 2 years ago, 1 current, and explain the differences.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#612 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

View Postdim view, on 15 August 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

....a view you should put to your mate Chris.

Ask him to compile 2 lists - 1 of sponsors from 2 years ago, 1 current, and explain the differences.

I stand to be corrected by the likes of AC but think the issue is on top of his base salary KF was paid commission for attracting new business, thus wrongly incentivised. I hope this changes with the new Commercial Manager

#613 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:42 PM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 15 August 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

les and Scott are exactly the type of people we need more of to support the football club...

Y'mean folk who attempt to mislead others on 'Bob's Board'?

Who're happy to see long serving staff axed, suggesting their wages outweigh their contribution, but say word zero about a CEO who's overseen a catalogue of controversial episodes?

Who fail to condemn 'Rafflegate'?

Who level accusations of 'fabrication', 'creating false impressions' and 'exaggeration' at contributors yet refuse to substantiate such allegations?

Well yeah, if folk like your mate Bingham are welcome on Sheffield Road I guess they'll fit right in!
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#614 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

Thanks Zorro for spoiling my Fun :wub:

A while ago an "insinuation" was made against me on this forum, Well I took it personally any way, a post was made referring to the people who sit in west stand centre block row M back I am the only regular ticket holder for Row M and it was made by non other than F2 I will attach a copy of that post so you can all check it out, Now it just so happens that a friend of F2 sits on row L directly in front of me, the directors sit about four rows behind me and the row behind me Row N is only fill by season ticket holders, so I wonder why he chose row "M"?

I have illustrated how gullible and one sided this board is, Because I made a post that stated that F2 had made an insinuation about PP and directors involvement, all my posts had to go through a Moderator "Moondog"
I get selected for backing my "Friends" is that not also what happens on here?
I got an email suggestion that I made a libelous comment, now that was like a red rag to a bull after some of the comments on here, I was offered the option to publicly withdraw that comment, Like Hell.

I was named by F2 "Feeding the minions"which I do not give a toss about, it was actually a Test to see how long it was before somebody did name me, and it worked and by non other than the person I thought would do it. :unsure:

I never usually hide behind a non de plume as I am not afraid of being known as the person who said it, In fact on this forum I was registered as Les initially, as he named me I also named him which I could do for many many members on this forum but I don't as I respect your wish of impunity

I also can load bullets and wait for some follower to fire the gun but find on here that if the target is a friend then suddenly the trigger doesn't work

Moondog is a Moderator he used a swear word on this topic and only one person commented on it, Why? probably because as he is a Mod no-one cared, But to me that say's I am a Moderator, I can break rules on here and no-one can do a thing about it, what comment did he make when he was pulled up about it? "I shouldn't have done that" But no apology!! :angry:

I find it incredulous and totally unbelievable that many people on here cannot see how they are being used for other persons intentions.

I will support this Club and it's board for as long as I live both Financially and as a supporter, I am not interested in running the club as I could have done that a while ago if I had wanted and the more I see of the likes of a lot of people on this board the more I am pleased I didn't.

Sorry forgot to attach the file

Attached File(s)

ReBorn Spireite

#615 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:41 AM

View PostDennis, on 16 August 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

Thanks Zorro for spoiling my Fun :wub:

A while ago an "insinuation" was made against me on this forum, Well I took it personally any way, a post was made referring to the people who sit in west stand centre block row M back I am the only regular ticket holder for Row M and it was made by non other than F2 I will attach a copy of that post so you can all check it out, Now it just so happens that a friend of F2 sits on row L directly in front of me, the directors sit about four rows behind me and the row behind me Row N is only fill by season ticket holders, so I wonder why he chose row "M"?

I have illustrated how gullible and one sided this board is, Because I made a post that stated that F2 had made an insinuation about PP and directors involvement, all my posts had to go through a Moderator "Moondog"
I get selected for backing my "Friends" is that not also what happens on here?
I got an email suggestion that I made a libelous comment, now that was like a red rag to a bull after some of the comments on here, I was offered the option to publicly withdraw that comment, Like Hell.

I was named by F2 "Feeding the minions"which I do not give a toss about, it was actually a Test to see how long it was before somebody did name me, and it worked and by non other than the person I thought would do it. :unsure:

I never usually hide behind a non de plume as I am not afraid of being known as the person who said it, In fact on this forum I was registered as Les initially, as he named me I also named him which I could do for many many members on this forum but I don't as I respect your wish of impunity

I also can load bullets and wait for some follower to fire the gun but find on here that if the target is a friend then suddenly the trigger doesn't work

Moondog is a Moderator he used a swear word on this topic and only one person commented on it, Why? probably because as he is a Mod no-one cared, But to me that say's I am a Moderator, I can break rules on here and no-one can do a thing about it, what comment did he make when he was pulled up about it? "I shouldn't have done that" But no apology!! :angry:

I find it incredulous and totally unbelievable that many people on here cannot see how they are being used for other persons intentions.

I will support this Club and it's board for as long as I live both Financially and as a supporter, I am not interested in running the club as I could have done that a while ago if I had wanted and the more I see of the likes of a lot of people on this board the more I am pleased I didn't.

Sorry forgot to attach the file

Les,

I sit 2 or 3 rows in front of you. If you would like to discuss your issues with me before, during or after the match tonight, I am happy to oblige.

As for me naming you, I referred to you by your first name only.

Mike

#616 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:41 AM

Christ.. 31 pages & no sign of ending! Thought the grass was very green on Saturday, almost too green. It hurt my eyes at times. Can one of these super fans raise this point with AC or CT please?
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#617 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:52 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 16 August 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

Les,

I sit 2 or 3 rows in front of you. If you would like to discuss your issues with me before, during or after the match tonight, I am happy to oblige.

As for me naming you, I referred to you by your first name only.

Mike

Mike I am aware of who you are and where you sit.
But you see I truly believe that yet again you insinuated by just using my first name so that you could plead innocence like this, You load the bullet another person fires.
so you now admit that you were aware I sit in row M and where the directors sit?

This post has been edited by Dennis: 16 August 2016 - 08:53 AM

ReBorn Spireite

#618 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 15 August 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

Who're happy to see long serving staff axed, suggesting their wages outweigh their contribution, but say word zero about a CEO who's overseen a catalogue of controversial episodes?

Who level accusations of 'fabrication', 'creating false impressions' and 'exaggeration' at contributors yet refuse to substantiate such allegations?

Well yeah, if folk like your mate Bingham are welcome on Sheffield Road I guess they'll fit right in!

and why should I be any different from this boards other members?

I did exactly as others do regularly, "Insinuate"
ReBorn Spireite

#619 User is offline   brockwell-spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:13 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 15 August 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

Nobody needs to condemn anything with you repeating yourself in every other thread.... It's boring! If CT had been the person involved with the guesthouse for example I am pretty sure you would have taken a completely different angle to the one you did... "Move on there's nothing to see here".... "If his family get a modest drink out of It"... That did make me chuckle!!!!

As soon as someone dares have a different opinion yourself and a select group of others on here are straight onto Google checking out their inside leg measurement and mobbing up on em... It's pathetic.

#620 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:44 AM

View Postmoondog, on 15 August 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

I stand to be corrected by the likes of AC but think the issue is on top of his base salary KF was paid commission for attracting new business, thus wrongly incentivised. I hope this changes with the new Commercial Manager

I wonder who negotiated that contract clause.

Share this topic:

• (34 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users