Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#1121 User is offline   Eastander 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:31 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 06 May 2016 - 05:40 AM, said:

Thanks for your support lol (that will annoy him). I can't be bothered to reply to him anymore. I find his new stance on this thread amusing and have stopped reading his posts. Some interesting stuff has come out over the last few days. At which point does Turnips position become untenable in spite of the Sheffield mafia support???

No worries - he annoyed me !

#1122 User is offline   Somerset Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:37 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 06 May 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

It is a separate entity but they use the clubs badge, are in the village, I assume use some of towns facilities and whenever they are mentioned in the pres they are linked to town or Chesterfield are mentioned at the same time, the two appear to be inextricably linked, to those looking in.

Indeed. Three months and 56 pages in, and we're still at this point. The silence from "The Top" can only mean one thing - it's all known about and condoned.
Riding the blue & white roller-coaster since 1989

#1123 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

John Croot. Director and Chief Executive of the Community Trust of which the Turnipe is a trustee! U sit in the Board do you condone this mess. Why has the Board of CFC gone quiet? Grow some and question what's going on over the road. If it's nowt to do with CFC and none of the fans money is propping it up tell us! Turnipe is the CEO Of CFC if he goes bust with the PPP or wot ever they call it where does that leave the club?
#notapennymore

#1124 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:04 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 06 May 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

It is a separate entity but they use the clubs badge, are in the village, I assume use some of towns facilities and whenever they are mentioned in the pres they are linked to town or Chesterfield are mentioned at the same time, the two appear to be inextricably linked, to those looking in.

They even played at the proact today against the Nike Academy, even with CFC media man Nick Johnson as PA announcer, even though the PPP tweeted it as a behind closed doors game after originally describing it as public one.

Plenty of photographers there including the clubs official one, all understandable if it's part of the club so why isn't it ?

The silence from the clubs CEO who is also joint director of both private academies (when it suits) is deafening

#1125 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:35 AM

View Postmoondog, on 07 May 2016 - 12:04 AM, said:

They even played at the proact today against the Nike Academy, even with CFC media man Nick Johnson as PA announcer, even though the PPP tweeted it as a behind closed doors game after originally describing it as public one.

Plenty of photographers there including the clubs official one, all understandable if it's part of the club so why isn't it ?

The silence from the clubs CEO who is also joint director of both private academies is deafening

#1126 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:47 AM

The silence from the clubs CEO who is also joint director of both private academies (when it suits) is deafening

Presumably they paid to use the facilities. Given how much they charge fans at the end of the season to play it should be a nice little earner for the club

#1127 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:58 AM

If the Club are charging the same, some may say exorbitant price levied on fans for use of the stadium, not to mention a fee for Nick Johnson's presence (a CFC employee who I'm led to believe has been some sort of frontman for Turner and Sutcliffe on several occasions) then fair enough.

Just as I hope Turner and Sutcliffe are paying for use of the CFC brand and any other facilities they use, as has allegedly been demanded of the Trust.

However Town fans can't be blamed for wondering if this is just another example of a dubious duo abusing their joint positions.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 07 May 2016 - 05:59 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1128 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:07 AM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 06 May 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

My stance is exactly the same as before mate, other than it being pointless getting into name calling battles. I'm not sure anything new came out over the last few days, but I'm pleased that the DT are making you happy.

My advice to anyone associated with Turner and Sutcliffe's enterprise would be to 'get in front of things', as they say on American cop shows.

If - and let me emphasise that 'if' in the same way you have - they've knowledge of any questionable behaviour they should approach the relevant authorities and express their concerns.

Otherwise they might be implicated 'if' things really do go t*ts up over the road.

#1129 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

http://cfcfds.co.uk/...onsorship-deal/

#1130 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:50 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 07 May 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

I'm halfway through cutting the lawns, my sides have split-open with laughter!

#1131 User is offline   Somerset Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:52 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 07 May 2016 - 01:50 PM, said:

I'm hoping Royal Pearl haven't taken time out from their multi-billion dollar wheeler-dealing to knock up some sports kits ...
Riding the blue & white roller-coaster since 1989

#1132 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:09 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 07 May 2016 - 01:50 PM, said:

Let's hope they use this to pay some of the staff wages.

#1133 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

It will be interesting to see who the directors of the Far East company are and where they are based, if it's a genuine sponsorship then well done to them as quoted very timely!

This post has been edited by Benno Spire: 07 May 2016 - 02:11 PM

Have passport will travel

#1134 User is offline   nattyfred 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 07 May 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

But, will any money actually change hands?

If I owned a sportswear company in this type of sponsorship deal I would supply kit to the value of £XXXX, not actual cash to buy the kit from me.

This post has been edited by nattyfred: 07 May 2016 - 02:31 PM

I speak three languages fluently...........English, Derbyshire & Bolx

#1135 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:41 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 07 May 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

The press release clearly states that the agreement is with Chesterfield FC International Academy. Which company employs the staff?

It's rather odd that the article refers to refinancing when the International Co was only incorporated just over 4 months ago.

13 months ago, Sutcliffe announced a 5 year agreement with Sondico. Liam's here, talking about it:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=o3bY8bCqaCw

This post has been edited by freelander2: 07 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

#1136 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

View Postnattyfred, on 07 May 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

But, will any money actually change hands?

If I owned a sportswear company in this type of sponsorship deal I would supply kit to the value of £XXXX, not actual cash to buy the kit from me.

The sucker parents will pay for it at an extortionate cost, while they get it for free via sponsorship and make the money that way I'd have thought.

#1137 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:54 PM

http://chesterfieldf...ofessional.com/

This website indicates Sondico's agreement is also with the International Academy, they are also listed as one of the 3 key partners of the CFCDS website that broke the news of the new deal !

http://cfcfds.co.uk/

#1138 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

Is this in any way connected to the far eastern guys who attended a recent game?

A friend who frequents the lounges told me Sutcliffe greeted a group of them in the foyer before they spent the afternoon in the directors seats.

If so, did the DC/PPP pay for their hospitality?

Or was this possibly another example of Sutcliffe and Turner using CFC facilities for their own supposedly separate enterprise?

#1139 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 08 May 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

Is this in any way connected to the far eastern guys who attended a recent game?

A friend who frequents the lounges told me Sutcliffe greeted a group of them in the foyer before they spent the afternoon in the directors seats.

Or was this possibly another example of Sutcliffe and Turner using CFC facilities for their own supposedly separate enterprise?

I think we are barking up the wrong tree if we keep concluding that DA hasn't been supporting and even encouraging the liaison. For the simple reason that it should be a valuable income stream if it is run properly. I also think when it goes t1ts up the losses to CFC will be hidden.

This post has been edited by dim view: 08 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#1140 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 08 May 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

By far east i presume you mean three blokes from skeggy
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users