• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is Our Transfer Business Done Now?

#1 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 11 June 2024 - 09:23 AM

Although it could be argued you can never have too many good players and options I get the feeling our transfer business is probably done. Always thought talk of Cooper and Clucas was pie in the sky. Besides isn't Cooper about done owing to injury? He hasn't seem to have played much recently.
Do we need any more? I think the right back position is probably covered with Shecks and the option of Williams and Mandy although the latter is rather wasted there. It seems most other postions are well covered apart from goalkeeper. There are also likely to be some outgoings. Palmer possibly? What do people reckon?

#2 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 11 June 2024 - 09:27 AM

Id expect RB and GK with Banks, Palmer and possibly Williams out.

This post has been edited by s42blue: 11 June 2024 - 09:28 AM

"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#3 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 09:36 AM

We defo need another keeper!

#4 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 11 June 2024 - 09:50 AM

s42blue, on 11 June 2024 - 09:27 AM, said:

Id expect RB and GK with Banks, Palmer and possibly Williams out.
Palmer Oldakerand Quigley out plus Hobson on loan to Boston?

Just gossip pf course

#5 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 10:06 AM

I didn't think Cooper was likely but if there was any chance of Clucas coming that might've seen Colclough leaving. Would be amazed if he did come and we kept RC.

#6 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 10:10 AM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 11 June 2024 - 10:06 AM, said:

I didn't think Cooper was likely but if there was any chance of Clucas coming that might've seen Colclough leaving. Would be amazed if he did come and we kept RC.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I have heard that Clucas was awarding prizes to a local junior side in Rotherham and they asked if he was staying there. He said no, that he was going to Chesterfield. Obviously, take with a large 'pinch of salt', but who knows...stranger things have happened.

#7 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 10:15 AM

View Posttomjoad, on 11 June 2024 - 09:50 AM, said:

Palmer Oldakerand Quigley out plus Hobson on loan to Boston?

Just gossip pf course

Whilst I'm not his biggest fan, I could see Quigley seeing out his contract here unless we pick up another big CH in the next 2 windows. As a late sub he offers another option up front, he'll work hard when he's on and his height can be handy in both boxes.

#8 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 10:16 AM

View PostRikShaw, on 11 June 2024 - 10:10 AM, said:

Don't shoot the messenger, but I have heard that Clucas was awarding prizes to a local junior side in Rotherham and they asked if he was staying there. He said no, that he was going to Chesterfield. Obviously, take with a large 'pinch of salt', but who knows...stranger things have happened.

We can always hope, Sam would be great but I think a keeper is probably higher up in the players needed. Would like to keep Banks too if poss. Is Shecks good enough as first choice in League 2 ?

#9 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 10:53 AM

I think we will see at least a couple of youngsters in on loan plus a keeper.

#10 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 11 June 2024 - 11:04 AM

Zigsuk, on 11 June 2024 - 09:23 AM, said:

Although it could be argued you can never have too many good players and options I get the feeling our transfer business is probably done. Always thought talk of Cooper and Clucas was pie in the sky. Besides isn't Cooper about done owing to injury? He hasn't seem to have played much recently.
Do we need any more? I think the right back position is probably covered with Shecks and the option of Williams and Mandy although the latter is rather wasted there. It seems most other postions are well covered apart from goalkeeper. There are also likely to be some outgoings. Palmer possibly? What do people reckon?

Cooper is in the Scotland squad at the Euros so not likely to have serious injury and never, ever, likely to be signing for us.

#11 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 11:39 AM

Lee Evans keep getting rumoured as being lined up for us, but given his position and likely salary demands, I would assume that would definitely depend on one or two moving out first, if it is even true.

I think there might well be one or two shocks in the 'out' column yet, I could well see the club having decisions to make as the window approaches closure at the end of August too!

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 11 June 2024 - 11:40 AM

#12 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 11:47 AM

Was reliably informed that Clucas was at the ground on more than one occasion over the last month.

Doesn't mean he's coming, but certainly not pie in the sky material.

#13 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 12:13 PM

Snowflake McBedwetter, on 11 June 2024 - 11:47 AM, said:

Was reliably informed that Clucas was at the ground on more than one occasion over the last month.

We?ve spoke to a few but wages, FFP, agents, inflation due to new tv deal are all at play meaning the majority we have spoke too havent actually gone anywhere. Will be more signings and and departures I have no doubt

#14 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 11 June 2024 - 12:19 PM

View PostSnowflake McBedwetter, on 11 June 2024 - 11:47 AM, said:

Ok second hand gossip but not usually a million miles away Clucas wage demands on the high side but a deal not "dead in the water"

Gossip not fact.

#15 User is offline   StaffsSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 01:04 PM

To be honest im not that bothered bout Clucus if it means getting rid of a couple players at least to accomodate his high wages and not really sure where he would fit in with the abundance of talent we have in similar areas.

#16 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 04:13 PM

StaffsSpireite, on 11 June 2024 - 01:04 PM, said:

To be honest im not that bothered bout Clucus if it means getting rid of a couple players at least to accomodate his high wages and not really sure where he would fit in with the abundance of talent we have in similar areas.

I don't think Clucas plays that far forward these days and I think he's retreated to the centre of the pitch, I think he's done a Mike Jones and gone from winger to centre mid or a holding midfielder, well that's what I've been told.

#17 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 05:15 PM

I would like a keeper and cover for RB. Need to move on oldaker, quigley, palmer.

#18 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 05:20 PM

Apart from a keeper and the signing of one or two U21 players we will need to offload some current squad members to make room for further incomings.

#19 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 05:44 PM

I think we might take a keeper on loan. No need though as we can always get one on emergency cover.

I thought we would sign Miguel, but he looks like going to The Gas, which is possibly linked to why Lewis has come here.

Just leaves DJ to get a move "home", which he needs.

Ash and Ty will cover Ryheem and the 2 centre backs. We ain't getting a left footed centre half to replace/cover Jamie.

That'll be it imho.
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#20 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2024 - 06:13 PM

No.
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users