Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Ebanks-Blake Who Next? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ebanks-Blake Who Next?

#1 User is offline   the original blue pill 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

Should we go for a strike partner for Ebanks-Blake?,is there anyone in our current squad that can step up to the plate.Clucas,Armand,Harrison,Mani,i feel we are still short for a strike partner for SEB as he is being called.Think it all depends on who leaves the club to what Saunders can bring in,Jon Stead was being talked about,the lad Paul Taylor,plus numerous others.Who would you like to see partner SEB upfront for us? i'm sure Saunders has his targets but it will all come down to the budget.I await with interest as the saga unfolds.

4 HOURS OF SHEER HEAVEN,STIFF AS A BOARD BABY HA HA

#2 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:03 AM

View Postthe original blue pill, on 07 June 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

Should we go for a strike partner for Ebanks-Blake?,is there anyone in our current squad that can step up to the plate.Clucas,Armand,Harrison,Mani,i feel we are still short for a strike partner for SEB as he is being called.Think it all depends on who leaves the club to what Saunders can bring in,Jon Stead was being talked about,the lad Paul Taylor,plus numerous others.Who would you like to see partner SEB upfront for us? i'm sure Saunders has his targets but it will all come down to the budget.I await with interest as the saga unfolds.

I'd be surprised if another striker came in seeing as we have four on the books now. Other areas need strengthening and I see SEB as our big money signing.
The only way another striker will be allowed is if one of our major players/big earner is sold/moved on

#3 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:03 AM

Too often last season we failed to retain the ball up front. In SEB we have someone who can hold the ball up. If we can keep Clucas, I feel him playing just off SEB would be pretty effective at this level.
If only....

#4 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostSkywalker, on 07 June 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

Too often last season we failed to retain the ball up front. In SEB we have someone who can hold the ball up. If we can keep Clucas, I feel him playing just off SEB would be pretty effective at this level.

TBH I'd rather have Clucus as partner for SEB than the other recognized strikers on the books

#5 User is offline   cfc_scott 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

View Postdanblue, on 07 June 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

TBH I'd rather have Clucus as partner for SEB than the other recognized strikers on the books

Dont no if its true, or if its mentioned else where, but apparently were in for hefferman think he was playing up in scotland

#6 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

View Postdanblue, on 07 June 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

Is Harrison a recognised Striker? I barely recognised him being on the pitch. :sunglasses
If only....

#7 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:13 AM

View Postcfc_scott, on 07 June 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

Dont no if its true, or if its mentioned else where, but apparently were in for hefferman think he was playing up in scotland

Christ I hope not! Ain't he ticking on a bit now? I would have had him a few seasons ago but I think he went up north to play in a poor league for a reason.

#8 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:17 AM

View PostSkywalker, on 07 June 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

Is Harrison a recognised Striker? I barely recognised him being on the pitch. :sunglasses

Haha, you know what I mean!

#9 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:26 AM

When Mr Saunders came in his initial interview stated that we needed a plan B.
How do we know that SEB isn't the plan B option? After all. We have Sam Clucas, three other strikers still at the club which is still the same set up from last season. Where does it say that he's gonna come in and waltz straight into the team?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#10 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:36 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 07 June 2015 - 08:26 AM, said:

How do we know that SEB isn't the plan B option? After all. We have Sam Clucas, three other strikers still at the club which is still the same set up from last season. Where does it say that he's gonna come in and waltz straight into the team?

I don't think any player is a cast iron certainty to play, and many things can contribute towards selection, including SEBs recent injury history. But given his obvious talent and goal scoring sucess when fit, I'd be surprised if he's been brought in for anything other than to start if everything is going to plan.
East stand second class citizen.

#11 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

It's a valid point,we don't what DS plan A or B to Z is but I can't see SEB coming here to play second fiddle to *no offence* Nando, Mani, Harrison and winger vim fullback vim part time striker Clucus. I'd say he's signed on as our number one strike option

#12 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:17 AM

Clucas is capable of playing away anywhere but up front is superb. I wouldn't have him as lone striker but alongside Ebanks-Blake he could be a great provider who still chips in with goals.
These go to eleven.

#13 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

Siberian Spireite said:

1433672277[/url]' post='1121954']
Clucas is capable of playing away anywhere but up front is superb. I wouldn't have him as lone striker but alongside Ebanks-Blake he could be a great provider who still chips in with goals.

Peter Beardsley/Gary Lineker type of thing?

Interesting idea that
A new hope.

#14 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

In yesterday's interview with Peak DS said he wants to play football and has the players to play that way. He intimated that because of the players we have, the passing game is the way we will play.
If he doesn't have the right players, he would change the style. Let's hope we can keep the squad together.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#15 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

Rai Simons maybe?

#16 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 07 June 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

In yesterday's interview with Peak DS said he wants to play football and has the players to play that way. He intimated that because of the players we have, the passing game is the way we will play.
If he doesn't have the right players, he would change the style. Let's hope we can keep the squad together.

Fair enough but no manager doing his first interview will tell everybody that is going to launch it long. Except maybe Paul Cox at Mansfield.
These go to eleven.

#17 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

Is the Peak FM interview online anywhere, nothing on Peak website ?

#18 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:57 PM

View Postmoondog, on 07 June 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Is the Peak FM interview online anywhere, nothing on Peak website ?

http://www.peakfm.co.uk/sport/
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#19 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 07 June 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Thanks

#20 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 07 June 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

Fair enough but no manager doing his first interview will tell everybody that is going to launch it long. Except maybe Paul Cox at Mansfield.

In his 1st interview when he was announced he said he liked the way we play and wants to play that way, but that sometimes you have to play ugly to win, sounds to be me like he'll play how we usually play but will have a plan b

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users