Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Guiseley - Why Are We Not Streaming - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guiseley - Why Are We Not Streaming

#61 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:54 PM

Best hope we have is the someone pays us not to play this season
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#62 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:55 PM

We must have the slowest squad in the league, apart from our 38yr old striker we have no pace whatsoever , same defence as last year, no wingers. = another season of struggle

#63 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:06 PM

View Postcharleyfarley11, on 26 September 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

We must have the slowest squad in the league, apart from our 38yr old striker we have no pace whatsoever , same defence as last year, no wingers. = another season of struggle

Oh Jesus

Oh Jesus

#64 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:07 PM

We don’t need wingers if we’re going to persist with this god awful formation. I agree with every other point though.

#65 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:47 PM

View Postbucko, on 26 September 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

"how undercooked are we for the start of the season"

According to an earlier poster, Rowley's been on a raw meat diet and you don't get much more undercooked than that.

Joking aside though, I've repeatedly said I am concerned about the lack of goals in the team as we haven't got a consistant goal scorer in the squad.

Not sure what to make of JP's starting eleven etc but I would have thought he should have been thinking more about next week's opener than getting minutes into legs.

Evans seems to be repeating his regular blunder a game again, he was a better player when he didn't wear the captain's armband, so at least he should have that taken off him if he isn't dropped. For me, for all his critics Hollis was much better than Evans last season and with very little else to choose from I'd be tempted to start with a back three of Sharman, Hollis and Maguire if we really are going down a back three route.

A back three suggests we start with wing backs, Buchanan has no competition so he's on the left but on the right it's between Cropper and Yarney neither of whom seem to have impressed in pre-season whilst, possibly, Cropper picked up an injury today.

Should the central three be more defensive minded with Smith, Butterfield and Weston and contain little to no creativity or should either Rowley or Mandeville be accommodated? For me, yes.

Then, up front is the real conundrum. As not one of them seems to realise that their job description includes putting the ball in the opposition's net and Tyson's not managed any minutes out of three pre-season games I could be tempted to try a different partnership to start - Rawson & Mandeville - one works hard and has a bit of pace whist 'tother can flatter to deceive but has more pace and skill than Denton & Boden combined.

Quite concerning really, because in reality we seem to be a few weeks behind other teams in terms of match fitness, so I do hope JP can sort out the appropriate tactics to get us over the line next week.

#66 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:58 PM

Conference North.

#67 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:06 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 26 September 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

Conference North.

I've said it about many teams before, the ones who survive by the skin of their teeth, for a couple of years then finally succumb to the drop, are like the Coyote from the "Road Runner" cartoons he keeps jumping up and down on the trap door until the inevitable happens and it opens.
Sadly I agree, I think we are about to be that Coyote.
East stand second class citizen.

#68 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:10 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 26 September 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

I've said it about many teams before, the ones who survive by the skin of their teeth, for a couple of years then finally succumb to the drop, are like the Coyote from the "Road Runner" cartoons he keeps jumping up and down on the trap door until the inevitable happens and it opens.
Sadly I agree, I think we are about to be that Coyote.

hi Mark, yes that's my thinking as well. We have got away with it for a couple of seasons but with this squad time is going to catch up us.we are still on the downward spiral.

#69 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:12 PM

Surely he’s not stupid enough not to try and fix the broken parts. There’s going to be an array of players available for loan soon.

#70 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:16 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 26 September 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

Surely he’s not stupid enough not to try and fix the broken parts. There’s going to be an array of players available for loan soon.

With what money? We wasted it re-signing last seasons dross.

#71 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:19 PM

Walton Spireite said:

1601132326[/url]' post='1530100']
Conference North.

I’m worried about this.
A new hope.

#72 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:23 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 26 September 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

With what money? We wasted it re-signing last seasons dross.

There's talk of players been made available at no cost. Let's have 11.

#73 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:29 PM

What's the point in paying more wages if the season could go belly up before the week is out. They're not even going through the motions. Guisley will be playing and it's been a good run out for the them.

#74 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:48 PM

i like pembo and what he has done in his spells but like people have said he seems to have dropped one by tying his own hands with players who have been poor for us over the past seasons.

our defence is never going to keep many clean sheets and we don't have anything like the firepower up front to get away with this = serious problems

#75 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:58 PM

What happened? Reports suggested, even Pembo commented about approx 800 players that are out of contract due to the pandemic and we sign the same players that failed us before.
He can't tell me that he is happy with the team he has there cos they are s**t individual players that all pull together in the same direction culminating in a s**t team!!
He had a perfect opportunity here with a complete new start and he's signed the same failures up again. You have to question what these professionals must see in these players that we can't.

This post has been edited by metallilad: 26 September 2020 - 03:58 PM

Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#76 User is offline   SocraticCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:00 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 26 September 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

i like pembo and what he has done in his spells but like people have said he seems to have dropped one by tying his own hands with players who have been poor for us over the past seasons.

our defence is never going to keep many clean sheets and we don't have anything like the firepower up front to get away with this = serious problems

I thought last pre-season was horrible. What's wrong with the team again for goodness sake? Every year we have the same old crap - no pace, no tricks, no power. Strikes me Tyson's going to be out for a few weeks at least. We rely on a 38 year old ,Disturbing when teams with maybe a half or quarter our budget are outplaying us.

#77 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:01 PM

Looking on the bright side, none of our other relegation rivals managed a win.
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#78 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:01 PM

All irrelevent, really.

No way outfits below Championship level - at best - can pay players for six months with no income.

Summat's gonna give sooner rather than later...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#79 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:06 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 26 September 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

What happened? Reports suggested, even Pembo commented about approx 800 players that are out of contract due to the pandemic and we sign the same players that failed us before.
He can't tell me that he is happy with the team he has there cos they are s**t individual players that all pull together in the same direction culminating in a s**t team!!
He had a perfect opportunity here with a complete new start and he's signed the same failures up again. You have to question what these professionals must see in these players that we can't.

anyone going to the managers q and a should ask the questions raised in the post.

#80 User is offline   gb007 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:11 PM

‘For me, for all his critics Hollis was much better than Evans last season ‘

This to me is the biggest problem we have ..... and we have many!!

Evans should be no where near the 1st team -he is an unbelievably poor player whose CFC career Is built on a last minute penalty save.

Probably now on a decent wage for this level-I would rather see the kids play and make mistakes than watch this loser play week in and week out .

Captain - my bottom

“When was the last time you did something for the first time”

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users