Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Martin Allen: "who Would Want To Come And Watch That?" - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Martin Allen: "who Would Want To Come And Watch That?"

#21 User is offline   SuperJackyLester 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:31 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 23 September 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Clough and fergie play carpet football even in defeat, this clown still hasn’t managed to get his own team to string two passes together, has no method to his play and further panicked by signing an immobile giant who doesn’t score goals to accommodate his dinosaur methods.

You mean the immobile giant who has probably been our best player in the two games he has played.

Harsh to judge the guy based on that saying he doesn't score goals.

Who is providing the so called service?

#22 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:43 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 24 September 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

He asked a rhetorical question about if they might be afraid of playing infront of 4000 supporters before stating that the supporters didn't get on at them or him.

"Is there a fear of playing in front of just over 4,000 people who are die-hard supporters? Even today the fans hardly had a go. They are here every week. They don't have go at the players. They don't even have a go at me"

The only thing he seems confused about is why it's so bad right now when his methods have worked for him in the past.

Perhaps they all have stage fright playing in front of big crowds😂

#23 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:28 PM

View PostSuperJackyLester, on 24 September 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

You mean the immobile giant who has probably been our best player in the two games he has played.

Harsh to judge the guy based on that saying he doesn't score goals.

Who is providing the so called service?

Being the best player in our last two games is hardly a ringing endorsement is it! More poor recruitment to try and accommodate disastrous outdated coaching methods. I can’t get excited about watching a player being there solely to flick on a few hoofed up balls and that constituting a good game. Look how Watson set his team up with no budget, but still produce quick attacking football on the deck. He wouldn’t be entertaining players like Denton. As Allen said, who would want to watch that? No fooker would.

#24 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:33 PM

View PostZytok, on 24 September 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

I'm confused (as is he possibly) but in one sentence talks about the players being afraid of playing at home but then goes on to say that the crowd never criticises anyone. So does he want us to be supportive or moan like hell and swear at the players?

I thought I heard chants of Mad Dog sort it out and You're not fit to wear the shirt. Maybe MA didnt

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 24 September 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

Being the best player in our last two games is hardly a ringing endorsement is it! More poor recruitment to try and accommodate disastrous outdated coaching methods. I can’t get excited about watching a player being there solely to flick on a few hoofed up balls and that constituting a good game. Look how Watson set his team up with no budget, but still produce quick attacking football on the deck. He wouldn’t be entertaining players like Denton. As Allen said, who would want to watch that? No fooker would.

Denton looked ok for a big fella and there's nowt wrong with having a plan B. It's plan A that's the main problem

#25 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:45 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 24 September 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

I thought I heard chants of Mad Dog sort it out and You're not fit to wear the shirt. Maybe MA didnt

Denton looked ok for a big fella and there's nowt wrong with having a plan B. It's plan A that's the main problem

Well, I thought Denton did better with his feet than he did with his head. He had a good percentage of passes on the deck which found a team-mate whilst his headers were either not anticipated correctly or were put into the wrong place.

My concern with him is that he has given a new definition to the word "slow".

However, more concerning is that virtually every player in a position to cross the ball struggle to spot him in the penalty area as a target to cross to. If they can't see him then I suggest they shouldn't drive their cars again before having their eyesight tested.

#26 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:50 PM

View Postdtp, on 24 September 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

Well, I thought Denton did better with his feet than he did with his head. He had a good percentage of passes on the deck which found a team-mate whilst his headers were either not anticipated correctly or were put into the wrong place.

My concern with him is that he has given a new definition to the word "slow".

However, more concerning is that virtually every player in a position to cross the ball struggle to spot him in the penalty area as a target to cross to. If they can't see him then I suggest they shouldn't drive their cars again before having their eyesight tested.

I don't mind him as an attacking option. I'd hope he would score a few with his noddle given some good crosses

#27 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:56 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 24 September 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

I don't mind him as an attacking option. I'd hope he would score a few with his noddle given some good crosses

I counted 5 totally wasted on Saturday before I just lost interest. That was after about 30 minutes.
You can't expect players at this level to find even a bloke as tall as Denton every time, but you'd expect them to get it within a few yards of him.

#28 User is offline   Essex_Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:00 PM

The bloke talks nonsense. Bringing back in Weir tomorrow because this is a game for the senior players he says? What a load of rubbish. How many chances do players like Weir and Nelson get before enough is enough? Start Rowley.
Essex Spireite

#29 User is offline   Paul stanley 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, music, travel

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:49 AM

Ok folks have a listen to this from sir Brian Clough, 2:10ish "if the chairman sacks the manager who he initially appointed he should go as well" so true Brian
https://youtu.be/MYpA6XC0i2Y

This post has been edited by Paul stanley: 25 September 2018 - 03:51 AM

#30 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:46 AM

View PostEssex_Spireite, on 24 September 2018 - 10:00 PM, said:

The bloke talks nonsense. Bringing back in Weir tomorrow because this is a game for the senior players he says? What a load of rubbish. How many chances do players like Weir and Nelson get before enough is enough? Start Rowley.

Couldn't agree more

#31 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:50 AM

If you watch he match, you'll see that Nelson played really well in the first half. He was indeed fatally exposed for the second goal but that was after Reid put the whole bludddy defensive shape in chaos with his stupid showing off. After that, the big problem with that goal in my opinion was Hollis's positional play. It's hard to imagine a more ineffective decision making process.

I'd say the biggest general problem is that tactically, CM players aren't asked to contribute in the transition from defence to attack so it's always percentage stuff with the long ball into the front, and then a scrap. That resulted in our most creative player Carter hardly getting a kick. Maybe it's cos our defenders can't be trusted to pass accurately, maybe it's because in theory it's the best way to play when you are desperate and lacking confidence.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#32 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:53 AM

He’s completely lost the plot and is flailing. He constantly goes against his own word. Yes Dave Allen is the main man to blame but Martin has the ability to sign players who can get us out of this league, he has been backed and he is making a pathetic job of getting his team to try and play football. I am legitimately disgusted in him, how dare he think this is an acceptable way to set your side out to play football. I won’t be wasting my money but at the next home game can somebody please start lobbing rotten tomatoes, thanks

This post has been edited by Goku: 25 September 2018 - 06:55 AM

#33 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:55 AM

View Postdim view, on 25 September 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

If you watch he match, you'll see that Nelson played really well in the first half. He was indeed fatally exposed for the second goal but that was after Reid put the whole bludddy defensive shape in chaos with his stupid showing off. After that, the big problem with that goal in my opinion was Hollis's positional play. It's hard to imagine a more ineffective decision making process.

I'd say the biggest general problem is that tactically, CM players aren't asked to contribute in the transition from defence to attack so it's always percentage stuff with the long ball into the front, and then a scrap. That resulted in our most creative player Carter hardly getting a kick. Maybe it's cos our defenders can't be trusted to pass accurately, maybe it's because in theory it's the best way to play when you are desperate and lacking confidence.

Replace best way to play with easiest. Having the ball constantly coming back at you cos you’re hoofing it can’t be considered the best.

#34 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:11 AM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 23 September 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

He quotes “he will get it right, he always does”

For one, didnt he get Barnet relegated last season? How’s that getting it right.

Also, how many times he been sacked? Is this getting it right.

No he didn't get Barnet relegated but he nearly saved their bacon. Whatever blame is being cast in his direction has to be fair.
God I hate this league.

#35 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostGoku, on 25 September 2018 - 06:53 AM, said:

He’s completely lost the plot and is flailing. He constantly goes against his own word. Yes Dave Allen is the main man to blame but Martin has the ability to sign players who can get us out of this league, he has been backed and he is making a pathetic job of getting his team to try and play football. I am legitimately disgusted in him, how dare he think this is an acceptable way to set your side out to play football. I won’t be wasting my money but at the next home game can somebody please start lobbing rotten tomatoes, thanks

I genuinely think I would do a better job than him.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 25 September 2018 - 07:18 AM

#36 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:23 AM

Are you saying Rowley should play centre mid or what would be your midfield.

For what it's worth Weir seems the obvious choice for midfield considering injuries and suspension.
God I hate this league.

#37 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:55 AM

View PostGoku, on 25 September 2018 - 06:53 AM, said:

Be lobbing small dices if Westbars get's his way. Now that would take some clearing :wub:

#38 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:58 AM

View PostCFC91, on 25 September 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

Be lobbing small dices if Westbars get's his way. Now that would take some clearing :wub:

They fit nicely with our owner's core business.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 25 September 2018 - 07:58 AM

#39 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:03 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 25 September 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

They fit nicely with our owner's core business.

So are any protests planned for tonight then if,and i hope not,we are pants again?
Thats an idea,pants on head if/when opposition score?

#40 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:16 AM

we only have 2 midfielders fit enough to last 90 mins, carter and Rowley, but they play in the same position, then theres the new lad from Rotherham. maybe we go with 3 right sided midfielders and no one in the middle?

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users