Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Historic Footage

#1 User is online   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

I have just updated my database of Spireite footage. That online database is here

I am always after new stuff and last week Lorraine Mullins gave me a few 2005-6 full games on VHS and TV recordings of several games I have not had before. I am still converting the TV stuff but it has already provided a 3-0 away win and a 5-1 home triumph.

Before 2007 there is no official Club archive (and even after that date the collection of DVDs has the odd gap.) So if you have any match VHSs or home recordings from TV news please check the archive.

In time I want to digitise all of this and put it onto servers for public access. For the moment it is highlights on YouTube. My channel is dalekpete
Peter Whiteley

#2 User is online   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

In terms of the YouTube channel or even the Sky is Blue history site I do invite requests. If there is a match that means something to you personally let me know. If you can write about it and allow us to use that account more the better.

Gary Wood wanted to see this 1995 game just because he remembered the celebrations among the visiting supporters:

Peter Whiteley

#3 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 15 May 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

In terms of the YouTube channel or even the Sky is Blue history site I do invite requests. If there is a match that means something to you personally let me know. If you can write about it and allow us to use that account more the better.

Gary Wood wanted to see this 1995 game just because he remembered the celebrations among the visiting supporters:

and what a performance from Kevin Davies....

#4 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Those finishes from Davies showed class. Just how I remember him at that age.

#5 User is offline   Elmer Fudd's Thick Lip 

• The Ayatollah
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Big fan of Terry Thomas and Fu Manchu.

Partial to the odd beerd!!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 18 May 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Those finishes from Davies showed class. Just how I remember him at that age.

Note the green and white away shirts on the Warbro Road away terrace.

1000 times better than the black and white dirge!
Mug?? Being wrong never gets boring!

#6 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

I love this clip - not only for the win but for listening to the commentator - he is hilarious. Who is he? He sounds like the bloke off the wheeltappers and shunters club.

Funny interviews at the end with Bruno, Waller and a few notables.

#7 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostRN Blue, on 08 June 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

I love this clip - not only for the win but for listening to the commentator - he is hilarious. Who is he? He sounds like the bloke off the wheeltappers and shunters club.

Funny interviews at the end with Bruno, Waller and a few notables.

The late John Allen I believe, the post match interviews are pure comedy gold, especially the unedited versions that featured on the full video, that I posted on here a couple
of years back, will try and find it again

#8 User is online   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

Anyone got a good quality media file of the @ChesterfieldFC v @buryfcofficial 1995 play-off final? Either full match or TV highlights. I only have the goals but want to put a fuller version into the Club archive.
Peter Whiteley

#9 User is offline   oh rodney rodney 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:heavy rock/metal classic rock, having a gargle + CHESTERFIELD + EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUBS

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

View Postmoondog, on 15 May 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

and what a performance from Kevin Davies....

was there that day, me the shep bro's andy nash paddy riley dave potter andy brooks scorching hot day so we had to make sure we didnt de-hydrate lol
FROM THE GREEN GREEN GRASS OF SALTERGATE,

#10 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

Some great stuff here, good work Dalekpete.
the holy grail for me would be the Halifax game from 70-71, and a Yorksport (ask your grandad),feature from the 69-70 promotion run in,with some interviews, and shots of the players training in the mud at Eckington. A tall order, but If the wartime cup run footage could emerge, who knows? Maybe Fred Dineage kept a reel or two in his dressing room to watch in between rehearsals for "How"...

#11 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

View Postbifocart, on 23 August 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

Some great stuff here, good work Dalekpete.
the holy grail for me would be the Halifax game from 70-71, and a Yorksport (ask your grandad),feature from the 69-70 promotion run in,with some interviews, and shots of the players training in the mud at Eckington. A tall order, but If the wartime cup run footage could emerge, who knows? Maybe Fred Dineage kept a reel or two in his dressing room to watch in between rehearsals for "How"...

We trained there a couple of times in the early 80s - it was an awful stanard. The changing rooms were like air raid shelters (probably were). At the time I couldn't believe a professional football team used it.

View PostRN Blue, on 29 August 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

We trained there a couple of times in the early 80s - it was an awful standard. The changing rooms were like air raid shelters (probably were). At the time I couldn't believe a professional football team used it.

#12 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 15 May 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Pete

If possible, could you please upload the goals/highlights from the 6 - 1 game at Exeter in 2008? Our family has some sentimental reasons why we'd like to retain that one as a family member passed away the day after (we've always wondered if the shock of the margin of victory had something to do with it!), and it was a fitting send off for a Spireite of nearly 80 years.

Cheers

Gareth F
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#13 User is online   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostBankrobber, on 24 September 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

Pete

If possible, could you please upload the goals/highlights from the 6 - 1 game at Exeter in 2008? Our family has some sentimental reasons why we'd like to retain that one as a family member passed away the day after (we've always wondered if the shock of the margin of victory had something to do with it!), and it was a fitting send off for a Spireite of nearly 80 years.

Cheers

Gareth F

Gareth

I only have the stuff up until 2004-5 as (in theory) everything is on DVD after that. With the change to Spireite Player from World I guess a lot of the online highlights went. It might be worth asking Josh what he is doing with some of the more recent highlights.

I do have Smack's Football Focus interview and might do something with that as it has some good bits on Saltergate as well as his account.

Pete
Peter Whiteley

#14 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 25 September 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

Gareth

I only have the stuff up until 2004-5 as (in theory) everything is on DVD after that. With the change to Spireite Player from World I guess a lot of the online highlights went. It might be worth asking Josh what he is doing with some of the more recent highlights.

I do have Smack's Football Focus interview and might do something with that as it has some good bits on Saltergate as well as his account.

Pete

Ah, no worries. Thanks - that would be great - not seen the footage of that since the funeral.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users