• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Derbyshire CCC

#1721 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 July 2023 - 11:22 AM

A good toss to win. Pity the powers that be chose to field. Sussex reach a ton in 113 balls. Embarrassing.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#1722 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 13 July 2023 - 05:50 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 10 July 2023 - 11:22 AM, said:

A good toss to win. Pity the powers that be chose to field. Sussex reach a ton in 113 balls. Embarrassing.

I take all the above back even though the bowling in the first session was garbage. What an effort trying to chase down 380 in in 50 odd overs fell just 20 short with 2 wickets remaining. Brilliant knocks from De-Ploy and Ali. From pathetic to sublime in 3 days, that's cricket.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#1723 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 13 July 2023 - 05:52 PM

Almost. Didn't think much to the declaration at the time.

#1724 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:37 PM

Sussex putting fielders ringing the boundary says it all really when Du Ploy was in full flow

Typical it looks as though we are losing him to Middlesex at the end of the season

#1725 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2023 - 07:22 AM

I know it was being rumoured but i see Derbyshire have confirmed the signing of Pat Brown from Worcestershire. Thats a fair few they've lost to other counties but it must be a kick in the teeth losing a bowler like Brown who was picked by England not long ago to us! Starting to build a decent bowling unit with him alongside Connors, Scrimshaw, Chappell, Aitchinson etc. Not sure if Brown plays much red ball cricket as i know he's had a few injury issues in the past.

#1726 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 08:00 AM

View PostJonB, on 17 July 2023 - 07:22 AM, said:

I know it was being rumoured but i see Derbyshire have confirmed the signing of Pat Brown from Worcestershire. Thats a fair few they've lost to other counties but it must be a kick in the teeth losing a bowler like Brown who was picked by England not long ago to us! Starting to build a decent bowling unit with him alongside Connors, Scrimshaw, Chappell, Aitchinson etc. Not sure if Brown plays much red ball cricket as i know he's had a few injury issues in the past.

Something very strange must be happening at Worcestershire to lose their players but he will be joining us and we do not seem able to keep the majority of our fast bowlers fit for any decent length of time

#1727 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2023 - 08:20 AM

View Postwhittman, on 17 July 2023 - 08:00 AM, said:

Something very strange must be happening at Worcestershire to lose their players but he will be joining us and we do not seem able to keep the majority of our fast bowlers fit for any decent length of time

I think it doesnt help that we've had a number of younger fast bowlers and its not uncommon for them at that age to struggle with the workload on still developing bodies. Quite a few around the county scene have had similar struggles when you look at the likes of Ollie Stone, Mahmood at Lancashire, Brown previously. Its getting more common now much like England do at test level to rotate the bowlers to try and manage the workload.

As you say though it must be concerning for Worcestershire fans with the amount of talent that is leaving. However we know what its like as we've seen it happen here and it will continue more than likely. Presume we are in a similar situation where we will see Middlesex announce the signing of Du Plooy at some point soon.

#1728 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2023 - 02:32 PM

View PostJonB, on 17 July 2023 - 07:22 AM, said:

I would like to think he's only been signed on the basis of being an all-formats bowler.

#1729 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2023 - 02:43 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 17 July 2023 - 02:32 PM, said:

I would like to think he's only been signed on the basis of being an all-formats bowler.

Reading around a bit it seems Worcestershire may have only offered him a T20 deal hence why he's left and you would suspect the option is there for him to play various formats for us. If they are all fit then they can be rotated around a bit.

#1730 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 July 2023 - 07:29 AM

Slightly surprised at Luis Reece getting another two years. I like the lad but he's offered diminishing returns with both bat and ball over the last 2/3 years.

#1731 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2023 - 11:49 AM

Can’t read the full article as it’s behind a paywall but interesting signing if it happens!!

https://twitter.com/...tFgOBKfesD-h06w

#1732 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2023 - 03:12 PM

View PostJonB, on 23 July 2023 - 11:49 AM, said:

Can’t read the full article as it’s behind a paywall but interesting signing if it happens!!

https://twitter.com/...tFgOBKfesD-h06w

Didn’t see that one coming!

#1733 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2023 - 04:33 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 July 2023 - 03:12 PM, said:

Didn’t see that one coming!

We’ve definitely been using Micky Arthur’s connections with the last few overseas but this is definitely well out of the blue!!

#1734 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2023 - 09:30 AM

Confirmation this morning that Du Plooy has turned down new contract offers and off to Middlesex.

#1735 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2023 - 02:39 PM

Amir confirmed as overseas for first half of next year, not sure if there is more to follow in terms of the reports he would sign as a local player. Anyhows...could do with him in the attack today!!

No Madsen who is off playing for Italy...decent first game as they beat Jersey and he got some runs, stuffed second game by Scotland as he along with most of them got no runs!

#1736 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2023 - 07:16 PM

Records tumbling all day at the county Ground today as derbyshire went the whole day without actually losing a wicket against Glamorgan

Highest individual scores for both guest and Came the highest first wicket partnership for Derbyshire v any County and only the third time in the clubs history that both openers have put on at least 100 runs in both innings of the same match

Oh and the match finished as a draw lol

#1737 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 02 August 2023 - 12:39 PM

Derbyshire confirm Scrimshaw is off to Northants...not sure what he will get there that he wasnt getting with us with the exception of possibly more money.

#1738 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2023 - 01:16 PM

As the season meanders to a close Luis Reece becomes the first player in county cricket history to get four hundreds in one season against the same opposition.

#1739 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 06 October 2023 - 12:48 PM

Somehow Leus du Plooy has ended up playing for Hungary in the rammel European Cricket League and led them to score 220/1 in 10 overs and win by 131 runs against Turkey. He hit 163 in 40 balls including 4 fours and 23 sixes...link below to highlights of the innings....i've seen better bowling in the lower reaches of local cricket but he's still put it away very well!!

https://www.sportske...-2023/scorecard

https://twitter.com/...233428870705366

#1740 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 09 October 2023 - 09:50 AM

He loves cheap runs that lad.

Share this topic:

• (88 Pages)
  • +