Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The B2Net - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The B2Net - great thread title in the Stadium section)

#1 User is offline   Newbold exile 

• Trialist
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:cars, beer, and trying to get anyone in the scientific community interested in the idea of cloning Drew Talbot

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

Forgive me if I'm covering ground already discussed, but have searched the forum and found nothing similar.....

I'm getting the impression that most people on this forum, like myself are not over enamoured with the 'B2Net stadium' name for the ground. For myself have tried to live with it for nearly two years, but it still feels a bit too corporate for my liking

so after wondering about what we could call the place.. thought about various names: Stonegravels sounds like an aggregate factory, Whttington Moor sounds like an encore at a Panto, and anything involving Sheffield Road would be over my dead body...... so what about The Glassworks?
<<start Hovis music>>
grew up in Newbold in the late 70's early 80's and the Glassworks was a huge industrial plant that dominated that area, my Dad even worked there for a few years, so would it be fitting to recognise the memory of an industry now dead and in danger being forgotten in our town? If anyone's interested I can tell the story of the Chinese turning up at Glass Tubes (as the factory used be known) and the demise of the glass industry in the UK

Not wishing to bite the hand that feeds us could the powers that be settle on The B2Net Glassworks??
given that B2net are in to IT, it could have resonance with glass fibre telecoms etc. ??

and even if they don't like it we can call the ground what we like, its a free country ??

anyway have now broken the question mark on my keyboard

so what do we think^&*

failing that we could call it the tesco's car park

This post has been edited by Newbold exile: 22 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

#2 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostNewbold exile, on 22 January 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

Forgive me if I'm covering ground already discussed, but have searched the forum and found nothing similar.....

I'm getting the impression that most people on this forum, like myself are not over enamoured with the 'B2Net stadium' name for the ground. For myself have tried to live with it for nearly two years, but it still feels a bit too corporate for my liking

so after wondering about what we could call the place.. thought about various names: Stonegravels sounds like an aggregate factory, Whttington Moor sounds like an encore at a Panto, and anything involving Sheffield Road would be over my dead body...... so what about The Glassworks?
<<start Hovis music>>
grew up in Newbold in the late 70's early 80's and the Glassworks was a huge industrial plant that dominated that area, my Dad even worked there for a few years, so would it be fitting to recognise the memory of an industry now dead and in danger being forgotten in our town? If anyone's interested I can tell the story of the Chinese turning up at Glass Tubes (as the factory used be known) and the demise of the glass industry in the UK

Not wishing to bite the hand that feeds us could the powers that be settle on The B2Net Glassworks??
given that B2net are in to IT, it could have resonance with glass fibre telecoms etc. ??

and even if they don't like it we can call the ground what we like, its a free country ??

so what do we think^&*

:unsure: Since they are paying for the privilege of naming the stadium I think we have to live with it. :wacko:
Many a good tune

#3 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostNewbold exile, on 22 January 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

<<start Hovis music>>

so what do we think^&*

This might link nicely with the Alan Walters thread

#4 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 22 January 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

This might link nicely with the Alan Walters thread

Yeah "Glassworks" would work well with me, as a nickname for the ground and place. Still officially the B2net Stadium of course for balance and based on the clubs "official" messageboard.

#5 User is offline   Spire2001 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

It's actually built more on the Lamp Caps side but that doesn't have the same ring to it :)

#6 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

View Postspire2001-Impreza, on 22 January 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

It's actually built more on the Lamp Caps side but that doesn't have the same ring to it :)

Dema bought it out so it is same site,and most of it is on cricket pitch,anyone for cricket lol....

#7 User is offline   Odysseus 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Fighting Trojans. Making wooden horses. Sailing the Aegean Sea.

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

"The Glassworks” doesn’t make any fireworks go off for me, sounds too industrial and too similar to the “Gas Works” that someone has somewhere, don’t they? “Sheffield Road Stadium” is just a complete no, no in my opinion, as I would hate to have any connection to the Bowels and Blunts no matter how small. I have always hoped we could somehow incorporate Saltergate into the stadium name, but admit to being stumped on how to do it. “New Saltergate” just sounds naff, and doesn’t work as well as “The New Den” does at Millwall, and “New York” for the “windy miller’s” will just lead to them being a laughing stock for the rest of the football world. “The Rec” or the “Recreation Ground” is feasible but is not unheard of elsewhere and as such lacks originality, even if we were the first. One thing though, I would hate to think it would reduce the amount we get for sponsorship deals, as I would rather put up with it changing every ten years than have less money coming in through the door, just so we could have, “*insert name* Stadium Sponsored by B2Net“, instead of “The B2net Stadium”. I suspect a nickname will emerge that only the fans use over the coming years, but it will take time to evolve and who knows what form it will take, I have heard “The Net“ quite often, but anything could materialize “The Crooked Spire Stadium”, “The Twin Spires” or even “Old Whit”, one thing for sure it will be interesting to see what it finally ends up as. :)
Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

#8 User is offline   Freak 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:01 AM

Its changing to the 'Proact Stadium' soon anyway apparently.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users