• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Baying Mob What about them today Rico?

#21 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

From a personal guesstimate i would say atleast 1500 spireites yesterday, talk after the game was 1800-2000 the noise we made the entire game was fantastic, i don't remember singing so loudly in recent times.
I will say one thing, the reception Currie got from the Ipswich fans was a surprise to me, it was obvious they held him in high regard from the applause he got when he came on.

After the game was a shambles, the only pub that welcomed away fans on the corner by the station was closed by the police for some unknown reason. It was then reopened about half five after we had walked around trying to find a pint even the snooker club wouldn't let us in.

every spireite that attended yesterday was a credit to our beloved club as were the players first half, second half we just rolled over and let them have the game. Our obvious lack of a plan B cost us yesterday, we missed Jack badly he would have relished yesterday our midfield was none existent second half.
Credit to Tommy Lee he was superb, he had no chance with any of the goals especially the penalty
campo did nothing exceptional just the easy things well and looked a different class at times.
The one and only time he was under any pressure in the second half he just hoofed it into the stand, if the imo dubious penalty didn't happen we were more than a match for them.

the 3-0 score line doesn't tell the whole story as imo it flatters Ipswich
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#22 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Jan 4 2009, 11:27 AM, said:

1. Wouldn't 'What do you think was the turning point?' have been better than offering an answer within the question?

2. Glib.

3. Again, wouldn't 'What do you think the main differences between the two sides were?' have been better than suggesting an answer within the question?

4. Obvious.

5. Glib.

6. Not a question, a complimentary statement.

Alternatively, what about:

"Well Lee, given that reaching this stage is an unexpected bonus, will you have any of the money to strengthen the squad?"

or

"An encouraging first forty five minutes Lee, but set against one win in ten and the Chairman's recent comments, what do you think the next few days hold for you?"

By the way, good to see you back on the board, Geoff. Not seen much of you over recent months.

The first 5 weren't worth asking as the answer was obvious. He should have asked something about the same obvious weakness Lee week after week with no height and no width and a weak misfield what are you doing about it in the transfer window if you are still here?

#23 User is offline   spiretrev 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

View PostSabreman, on Jan 4 2009, 01:22 PM, said:

From a personal guesstimate i would say atleast 1500 spireites yesterday, talk after the game was 1800-2000 the noise we made the entire game was fantastic, i don't remember singing so loudly in recent times.
I will say one thing, the reception Currie got from the Ipswich fans was a surprise to me, it was obvious they held him in high regard from the applause he got when he came on.

After the game was a shambles, the only pub that welcomed away fans on the corner by the station was closed by the police for some unknown reason. It was then reopened about half five after we had walked around trying to find a pint even the snooker club wouldn't let us in.

every spireite that attended yesterday was a credit to our beloved club as were the players first half, second half we just rolled over and let them have the game. Our obvious lack of a plan B cost us yesterday, we missed Jack badly he would have relished yesterday our midfield was none existent second half.
Credit to Tommy Lee he was superb, he had no chance with any of the goals especially the penalty
campo did nothing exceptional just the easy things well and looked a different class at times.
The one and only time he was under any pressure in the second half he just hoofed it into the stand, if the imo dubious penalty didn't happen we were more than a match for them.

the 3-0 score line doesn't tell the whole story as imo it flatters Ipswich

#24 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

View Postphilspire, on Jan 3 2009, 05:03 PM, said:

Cant see why any spireite would having anything against the players...it totally down to Rico and his clowns. Not even sure the players are even playing for him anymore sometimes. (Apart from no1 son Gregor) :lol:

It's not him they should be playing for it's us and if they are not playing for him and we are chucking our money away then shame on them
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users