Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: what if?????????????? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what if?????????????? do you think its possible

#1 Guest_doug cfc78_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

were now into january and everybody knows what happens to us after christmas. But here's the big question were 8 points off the play-offs and even

though jamie ward will be gone some time this month what if by some stroke of luck from rico Mr Richardson he finds a good replacement. And here's the big

what if? what if this season has been in reverse and weve had our terrible run and performances before christmas and we now go on a good run and finish

the season on a high.

#2 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:10 PM

Promotion under our current manager is a situation we'd all welcome, isn't it? So is me winning the Euromillions tonight and waking up five stone lighter tomorrow morning, cured of my addiction to mature cheddar cheese.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_doug cfc78_*

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

View PostSaltergate Stu, on Jan 2 2009, 05:13 PM, said:

Promotion under our current manager is a situation we'd all welcome, isn't it? So is me winning the Euromillions tonight and waking up five stone lighter tomorrow morning, cured of my addiction to mature cheddar cheese.

but 8 points is only 3 wins which could happen this month then were in the thick of it nowt wrong being addicted to cheese is there?

This post has been edited by doug cfc78: 02 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

#4 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

View Postdoug cfc78, on Jan 2 2009, 05:16 PM, said:

but 8 points is only 3 wins which could happen this month then were in the thick of it nowt wrong being addicted to cheese is there?

Until the end of the season, we need 4 POINTS from EVERY 2 GAMES for the LAST PLAY OFF SPOT.

This post has been edited by MP-Spire: 02 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

#5 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

That assumes everybody above us will lose all their matches lol

#6 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

View PostMP-Spire, on Jan 2 2009, 05:19 PM, said:

Until the end of the season, we need 4 POINTS from EVERY 2 GAMES for the LAST PLAY OFF SPOT.

more chance of me winning the lottery and I dont do it!
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#7 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Yes collecting 8 points is winning 3 games, but it's not just collecting 8 points and getting into the play-offs, it's gaining 8 points advantage over the 7th placed side and all others between us and 7th and maintaining that form til the end of the season. I'd not say we're in the thick of it. Form needs to change fast.
@MancSpireites

#8 User is offline   cfcnewton 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

View PostD Loizou, on Jan 2 2009, 05:24 PM, said:

Yes collecting 8 points is winning 3 games, but it's not just collecting 8 points and getting into the play-offs, it's gaining 8 points advantage over the 7th placed side and all others between us and 7th and maintaining that form til the end of the season. I'd not say we're in the thick of it. Form needs to change fast.

how many home games have we won in the last 2 years, and how many do we need to win till the end of the season, to make the play offs.

#9 User is offline   belpercfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

So we become a consistently good side? That's all it takes..................starting from now!A couple of weeks before the season started we hadn't even got a keeper.

#10 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

We need around 46 points from 23 games - not impossible but extremely improbable given what we are. In other words be transformed to a Wycombe Wanderers in the second half of the season. I can't see it. Can anybody?

#11 Guest_djs_*

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

View Postboot, on Jan 2 2009, 08:10 PM, said:

We need around 46 points from 23 games - not impossible but extremely improbable given what we are. In other words be transformed to a Wycombe Wanderers in the second half of the season. I can't see it. Can anybody?

The odds are against us getting those 46 points, but football is a funny game and throws up some unlikely senarios. I think most folk on here know that I am the eternal optomist. I also know that what the club has to do to get into the playoffs is a tall order. But to write our season off on the second of january is ludicrous.
Rico is finding the job harder than he thought theres no doubt about that, And in his second season he seems to have reached a plateau and can't make that much needed breakthrough that more experienced managers would make with ease. I think he needs to have a break from it all and stand back and assess his first foray in to managerment. One or two young guys have found it difficult at the start of their respective careers and gone on to be excellent managers.
If Rico does pull it off this season the experience's of the last two years will make him a better manager for it and he will kick on. But if not, which seems likely, he needs a rest from all the pressures that comes with it to have a think about the ups and downs of his first go at management, then come back better for that experience.
Personally I would love to see the former option because if he succeeds so does CFC.
Thats the IF I want to happen!

#12 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

If Wardy's gone and Ricco and Sellars are still here then I can see us struggling to keep out of the bottom 6.
lindave

#13 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

The fact that we are hoping for a significant improvement of form so that we can sneak into the play offs tells you everything about Lee Richardson and the shambles that surrounds this football club at the present time.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#14 Guest_doug cfc78_*

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Jan 2 2009, 10:50 PM, said:

The fact that we are hoping for a significant improvement of form so that we can sneak into the play offs tells you everything about Lee Richardson and the shambles that surrounds this football club at the present time.

Remember the play-off season year of 1994/95 i went to nearly all the games that seaon and from what i can remember we didnt start very well at the start of the season but something happened from boxing day that to this day cant be explained we just became a brilliant team overnight and went on that memorable 23 game unbeaten run so why cant it happen this season?

#15 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:04 PM

View Postdoug cfc78, on Jan 4 2009, 07:03 PM, said:

Remember the play-off season year of 1994/95 i went to nearly all the games that seaon and from what i can remember we didnt start very well at the start of the season but something happened from boxing day that to this day cant be explained we just became a brilliant team overnight and went on that memorable 23 game unbeaten run so why cant it happen this season?

That was 1994/95 and we had JD this is 2008/09 and we have Rico. Spot the slight problem here can you?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#16 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:15 PM

View Postdoug cfc78, on Jan 4 2009, 07:03 PM, said:

What happened, was a dressing room revolt against the tactics Duncan had been employing. That, added to the signing of Sir Philip Robinson and top bloke Tony Lormor, saw the same group of players that'd been shackled/underperforming suddenly begin to fulfill their potential. Interestingly, we also played a settled side for much of that twenty three game unbeaten run, too.

Why can't it happen this season?

Well even at this late stage i guess someone capable of getting the best out of the players we have, allied to adding a spine to the side, might see us put pressure on the top seven.

On the evidence we have though, that 'someone' isn't Lee Richardson.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users